Night of Shadows - Progression Walkthrough

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Meckwell, Dec 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meckwell Reckless Ascension Recruiter

Greetings all.

As a little holiday season gift from our family to yours, Reckless Ascension is making public the NoS progression section on our forums, so you can benefit from some of our learnings from Beta. You can find them here:

raguild.org

Enjoy.

Reckless Ascension
    Kialya, Ndaara, Angahran and 21 others like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thank you, happy Frostfell to you all :)
    Wayylon likes this.
  3. Dalrek_MM Elder

Impressive detailed walkthrough. Good job
    Allayna likes this.
  4. Tallie Elder

Very cool! Thank you.
    Allayna likes this.
  5. MachoSod Lorekeeper

Wow, sort of bummed about the faction grind…. Doing the raid instance strat seems to be a good away deal with it. Just need lots of friends.
  6. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

very nice. thanks
    Allayna likes this.
  7. Qwalla Developer

Won't be possible very soon :) We've been aware.
    Andarriel, Allayna and Silvena like this.
  8. Duder Augur

Is this why, hours into a brand new expansion launch, the company despawned the npc "a spirit messenger" and depopped it serverwide without notice? The same issue that was brought up on Beta forums to which you said something along the lines of, "well, I cant really do anything about it so itll have to be?" And then you discovered, in the middle of the day of launch that you could so decided to quietly and secratively take away a mob that 99% of peoople wanted just to complete paragon? What a joke
  9. Allayna Augur

Glad it is getting fixed, can we expect the mission NPCs return to Deepshade before the next monthly scheduled patch? Likewise, will the shar vahl partisan be fixed soonish?
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. Duder Augur

It's a secret. We spent money on it for them to not tell us. Don't get yer hopes up.

@Qwalla, Communication with the customer base goes a long way. I can not think of any reasonable or rational reason why the mob was depopped and we were not informed. Customers, on day one of an expansion many of us pre-purchased were left completely in the dark. It doesn't matter if it was an exploit, the mob was despawned so it could not be performed. Why were we not notified in any manner? Even still, that the mob would be taking a short vacation while an issue with the mission was addressed? I really don't understand the PR aspects of Daybreak and how people at the top can accept this sort of performance.
    Alena likes this.
  11. Meeko Developer(Code)

The NPC was removed for a completely unrelated reason to the Darklight faction quests. Not everything is as nefarious as you seem to portray.
  12. Treiln Augur

Just to touch on this as well. It was opening day. Still lots of bugs and minor tweaks to be made. I’m sure we’ll be having patches and hot fixes with corresponding notes to let us know what/why things were done.

Little patience will go a long way.
    Allayna likes this.
  13. Tucoh Augur

I was disappointed to find the Darklight mission NPC not up when I went to go check out the new mission. In my disappointment what did I do? I shrugged my shoulders and moved on to the rest of the expansion that I am thoroughly enjoying.

Come on guys, we've got a year to enjoy that expansion, have a little patience.
    Filter, Kialya, Rijacki and 2 others like this.
  14. TheStugots Augur

Could be wrong, but I think the issue is lack of communication, not necessarily the NPC being removed. Patience wouldn’t change that.

After all, it’s not hard to broadcast a message to the community.
    Alena, Arcolin, Duder and 2 others like this.
  15. Tucoh Augur

Yeah I'm not entitled to a live feed of everything broken in a game to be promptly hand delivered to me like a waiter telling me where my order of bruschetta is. Ask for it all you want, that's up to you. Personally part of the fun of any MMO release is finding out what's broken.
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

Important stuff should be communicated, and the fact that we arent entitled to anything and everything doesnt excuse it.
    Arcolin and Duder like this.
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

Correct. It's not that they do baffling/frustrating things...it's the silence that accompanies them that generates the negative feelings.
    Arcolin and Duder like this.
  18. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Yes, it is difficult. Some are not on twitter, some on not on discord, some never come to the forums or facebook and the rest don't pay attention to the pop ups or yellow banner announcements in game.

Just look at it as the "information" quest which is similar to the "update" quest and usually found eventually by someone and passed on to the rest of us.

I would prefer they fix it than waste time and reply to a million posts with the same answer or the ongoing questions that result in response to any dev comments.
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

Thats dumb. It doesnt take "replying to a million posts". It would take one announcement in the same place they announce downtime. And once its posted there the people that wont read forums can get it from other players in game.
    Duder and Tatanka like this.
  20. Loup Garou De loop de loop

How rude you are. I made a general response post. No need for you to flame it.

And your comprehension is off so you didn't really understand what I said
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.