Duck Mount Review/Request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by straynge, Nov 29, 2022.

1. straynge Journeyman

First off thanks for the incentives for doing extra life, it's a great charity and cause. Just got the duck Mount and it's great except for one problem - the rider (and camera) moves side to side when the mount is running. It's not a big deal but it gets amplified with shrink, and given how big the mount is shrink is almost a necessity. Even without shrink it's noticeable enough to be unpleasant

I only play on Agnarr so I don't know of any other mounts that are like this (we mostly have horses, dogs, pigs). Any chance the side to side effect can be minimized to help with the motion sensitivity? Thanks either way
    Duder and Skewert like this.
  2. demi Augur

is that in first person view or 3rd person view (ie scrolled back) ..
  3. Ythera Augur

It seems to be with both first person and 3rd person view. Going to have to stock up on Dramamine for when riding this thing around.
    Duder likes this.
  4. Rolaque Ancient

You won't even notice it after a while, because you'll be focused on where you're going and not on your immediate surroundings.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Stymie and Toukan like this.
  6. Rolaque Ancient

Ahhhhh.. Jake and Elwood :cool:
    Duder likes this.
  7. crakbone New Member

The fact that it is a duck and can't fly wasn't at that top of your list? That bugged me the most.
    Stymie and Skewert like this.
  8. rahzel44 Journeyman

It's long past time they get rid of the different camera movements based on the mount model. I had to ask for a refund for a mount I bought from the DB store because the motion was like being on a trampoline in ultra high speed. I literally choose mounts now based on how little camera bounce they have. I'd use the overseer achievement hoverboard if it didn't sound like a lawnmower (muting mount sounds is another option they need to introduce).
  9. ttobey Developer

I adjusted the animation so it won't be so crazy a ride.
    straynge, Jhenna_BB, Skewert and 6 others like this.
  10. ttobey Developer

There's no full on flying in EQ1 like there is in EQ2.
    Duder and Herf like this.
  11. Valcron Elder

And adding to this - I actually think Flying Mounts are terrible for games. Skipping content and zones is questionably a bad practice.
    Duder likes this.
  12. ttobey Developer

Well besides the fact that every single zone has to be revisited to make them flyable. Most zones weren't built thinking you would see them from the air. It was an enormous task in EQ2 to fix the zones.
    Vumad, Celephane, Duder and 5 others like this.
  13. Tucoh Augur

EQ is an especially poor choice for flying because historically travelling was as important to the adventure as it was to Lord of the Rings.
    Duder and Skewert like this.
  14. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Flying mounts are awesome.

Games that weren't designed with flying mounts in mind, and added them later.. not so much.

Vanguard even fell prey to the latter.

The access to flying mounts needs some restriction. The distance traveled and height obtained needs to be factored in.

Hazards while flying should be a consideration (not just empty skies).

No game company has fully embraced the concept.. it's always an afterthought (even VG which promoted it pre-launch)

It needs to be done right, it's just that no one has put in the money and effort (and it is expensive and time consuming to address).
    Silvena and Rijacki like this.
  15. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

My only wish for this, that could have taken implementation of these bonuses from good to stellar would have been to use the Game Day itself as the cutoff for the first wave, not the seemingly arbitrary day of Halloween.
  16. Ythera Augur

Looks like you still need dramamine for this one.
  17. ttobey Developer

it wouldn't be in yet. Just tweaked it yesterday.
    Celephane, Duder, Skewert and 2 others like this.
  18. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

I would suggest you taking a peek at Drakkin running animation if you ever get bored. Also the Iksar swimming animation (pre-Luclin) is 100% superior to the Luclin era Iksar swimming animation. No clue if that can be tweaked but you would be a god among devs if you could!
    Silvena likes this.
  19. ttobey Developer

Old player animations are really problematic to work with now. We are working on a way to do it but it's not fully streamlined yet.
    Raccoo, Arcolin, Skewert and 3 others like this.
  20. Ythera Augur

Thank you! I'll try again after next patch.