Mischief and Relaxed Truebox

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zenja, Nov 16, 2022.

1. Zenja New Member

Hey all, I'm just curious if Mischief will ever move to Relaxed Truebox, as in 2 or 3 active accounts being played on a single system...can't remember what the Relaxed Truebox limit is. I ask because I'd like to box, but I don't because I don't want to play on multiple systems. It would be great to be able to Alt+Tab into a box account for some extra support for my main account. Any info or insight about when/if Mischief will be changing over to Relaxed Truebox is appreciated. Thanks and have fun y'all!
    Jimmi, Protocol and Tornat like this.
  2. Captain Video Augur

The answer is the same as in the 37 other threads in which this exact same question has been asked.
  3. Tornat Augur

Yeah I hope Mischief & Thornblade will at some point as well.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

Every single Truebox server has campaigned for relaxed/reduced truebox, the further into the expansions they are the more support the server has had. They haven't said a hard "no" but seem reluctant to pull the trigger because of the "yOu KnEw WhAt YoU sIgNeD Up FoR!1!1" crowd. They are apparently watching how it plays out an Yelinak and Vaniki before making a final decision on servers that launched before they evolved the truebox ruleset.
  5. Canardvc Lorekeeper

TLPs need relaxed truebox past one point. Probably very early to be honest if not from launch. What's going to be the problem ? Go and check Vaniki, people box 1-4 toons, as usual, as other people do on other TLPs ... With just one computer.

Go check any early TLPs and you'll see the same problems over and over : Cash loot camped by boxed toons 24/7 for Kronos. And those servers are truebox. Truebox is apparently circumvented by VMs on every single server.
    Having truebox be relaxed wouldn't get things worse. People with limited play time would be able to run 3 toons to get stuff done, important on TLPs where xpacks unlock rather fast. Let's face it 90% of EQ population don't 6box, cause it's exhausting and people want to play together.

I'd happily play 3 toons on Mischief if truebox was lifted or relaxed. But I don't feel like firing up 3 PCs each time I want to play an hour or two.

Worse case scenario : DPG would get more subs for relaxing or lifting truebox.
  6. Protocol Dragon Defender

Don’t listen to people like Captain Video. Public outcry and player pressure have consistently produced results for the community and have many times resulted in QoL or gameplay changes which were initially publicly rejected by staff.

Things like enforced rotation on Fippy, and later Ragefire/LJ, TLP SK harmtouch nerfs, FV Loot TLPs, pickzones, then extending pickzones outside of starter areas, and of course Agents of Change were all things that players had to fight for and many would change the course of their servers and in some cases have revolutionized TLPs entirely.

Staff opposed instancing raid mobs for years, now you probably couldn’t persuade them to remove AoCs from TLPs.

Keep on asking, and make as many threads as it takes. The most liked post ever on the EQ forums was the one requesting this same thing.
    http://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...true-box-on-all-tlps-in-omens-content.281956/
  7. Faydra Augur

100% agreed, squeaky wheel usually gets the oil around here.

TLP's have come so far since 2007, it's really a much better experience these days and (for the most part) continues to be improved upon with each passing year.
  8. Jimmi New Member

Keep fighting the good fight and making posts like this. . .maybe someday the Devs will listen and realize this is what we want.
  9. Captain Video Augur

I am not arguing against the relaxed truebox rule and never have been. Literally nobody is arguing against it. Having said that, making 37 threads on the subject doesn't translate to the "public outcry" you claim, because all you're doing is preaching to the proverbial choir. The devs pay precious little attention to these forums anymore. If you want their attention, use the official Discord. Fact.
  10. Tweakfour17 Augur

Unfortunately people do preach against it otherwise we'd probably have it by now. Also, while the devs are indeed more active on discord the CMs have been directing people to the forums to post their ideas/feedback so it can be collected and viewed by the devs.
  11. Captain Video Augur

Name one.

People forget that TLPs began without Truebox, and it was rampant player abuse that forced the Truebox concept upon us. The prejudice that makes some team members believe Truebox is necessary goes all the way back to the SOE era, it wasn't a Daybreak concept. It has taken years of lobbying on the part of a lot of veteran players to get the team to even consider moving the bar. Getting the relaxed Truebox rule included in the Yelinak ruleset at launch was a major, and for me quite unexpected, breakthrough. I've said all this before, in some cases practically word-for-word, in multiple other threads, which is why the subject begins to try my patience.

They're not going to make further changes until after relaxed Truebox unlocks on Yelinak, and that has been stated publicly. Anyone who refuses to believe me is free to ask in the Discord. My prediction is that this will all sort itself out fairly quickly once that milestone has passed. IMHO, impatience on this can do more harm than good.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

13. Captain Video Augur

SoandsoForumUser and Tweakfour17 like this.
  14. 3rdconix Elder

Listening to Magicision9001 is like believing in Kanye's political positions.
    SoandsoForumUser and Tweakfour17 like this.
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

This I agree with, however that wasn't what you asked for. You said "name one" person who is pro truebox. Whether they have any credibility or not wasn't the point, they exist and they post on the forums and discord.
  16. 3rdconix Elder

Rizlona has a higher population than its sister server and Vaniki is a special ruleset. Terrible strawman. 2/10.

About what is expected for someone who doesn't actually play and just acts like a Kyrie
    Keither likes this.
  17. Zenja New Member

What would really be awesome is if a Dev or the Community Manager could weigh in on the Relaxed Truebox stuff with regard to Mischief. Is it going to go Relaxed Truebox? Is it not? If it is, when is it? It seems like there is no rhyme or reason to relaxing truebox on any server. So for now, legit players who don't cheat have to use multiple systems, meanwhile on Mischief, the cheaters (and there are quite a few of them) are using virtual machines to multibox entire box armies that take over entire zones or entire areas of zones (cough Crypt of Decay cough...cough Ruined City of Dranik cough) to PL people for Kronos...or camp 1.5 and 2.0 mob spawns to sell loot rights for Kronos to the point that players who abide by the Truebox rules can't get their drops. So, for the love of all that is sacred and holy, either relax truebox to give legit players the ability to at least kind of compete with the box armies of cheaters, or do something about virtual machine box army cheaters...better said...at least do something to even out the equation...
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

There unfortunately is rhyme and reason to it; no server is scheduled to get relaxed truebox except Yelinak (Vaniki was the other but it has truebox removed now). There have been numerous campaigns to back-add relaxed truebox/remove truebox on older tlp for many years but so far the best/closest we've got from the devs is a reluctance to change "core" rulesets with the vague promise to revisit older tlp once Yelinak has gone through the process and they can review.

Edit: I hope they add relaxes/remove truebox to all older servers once it makes sense
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I could be wrong but I remember them stating that they wanted to see how it worked out on those two servers before they added to any other servers. Those are the only two servers that have been released with that as a new rule so far.
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

Literally what I said. Are you correcting me? Restating what I said in agreement?