Limited Items From Vendors: IDIOCY

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cerryn, Nov 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cerryn Journeyman

I know it's been discussed many times - but it's been over a YEAR and I can't get any Oranges out of Olwen in Western Waste.

As with every patch, I camped out RIGHT next to him.
    Spammed tried login a whole hour.
    There were only 8 people in /general chat when I got in.

And he'd been cleaned out.
    None in bazaar.
    Nobody responds in general WTB

Whoever's doing it is 100% blocking anyone else from making anything with those recipes
    And the game design ALLOWS and BEGS for it.

For over a YEAR!
    Raptorjesus5, Greymantle and Fanra like this.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

I fixed it for you.

Your other option is to go forage oranges naturally.
    Szilent likes this.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

Did you remember to unclick "show only items I can use"?
    :p
  4. Draggoone Journeyman

Taking OP at face value at what they said, they check the baz regularly for them. Would be hard to make bank if they aren't put up for sale.

This does seem like a weird design choice. The only similar in the game I can think of are the old blacksmithing ores, but you could do turn ins to resupply them. Maybe have something similar with Olwen--give him a magical focus or other mcguffin, and he's able to summon more oranges for you to purchase.
  5. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Put oranges and other rare TS items on the loyalty vendor.
    minimind and Fenthen like this.
  6. demi Augur

I'm sorry but if you've been trying for a year to get oranges id find something else to occupy your time .. I find it hard to believe you have spent every waking moment after a patch to pop in on an NPC merchant just to find oranges..

IF they are that important to ya as was stated before why dont you just make a forager and go FORAGE them ..

also ive read other people have had some nifty ideas about other picks ..

what server are you on ? have you tried another server .. I would think just making a forager would be enough but if its that important to ya .. make another toon on another server or 2 and once you get all the oranges do a transfer.
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

We have one seller in the baz on Tunare. He is not making any money. He lists oranges for 10,000 plat each and limes for 1,000 plat each. He takes a few out to make it look like they are selling. For the last few months he has been at 998 and 920 or something like that. If they were really selling there would be far more than that sold since these items are for a stat drink and your not going to make just one.

I agree that trying to get in on time to get any limes or oranges is impossible. Server is up early today yet they are gone already.

Foraging is possible but with 1 out of the way and well hidden zone for the oranges makes that kinda hard too.

This is beyond frustrating.

It would solve it all if they would reward them in Overseer - just a few each reward would be better than this.
    demi and Fenthen like this.
  8. Fenthen aka Rath

3,000 oranges up in Firiona right now. No idea how long they've been up there.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You mean in baz I assume. How much are they asking each?
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

Soon you will be looking for mint.
    Fenthen, Elyssanda and Kialya like this.
  11. demi Augur

I like this idea , put them on overseer and reward just 1 orange for the 6hr tradeskill quests and 2-3 for the 24 hour quests .. and no i would not suggest more than because we all know some peeps have more than 6+ accounts and they could get plenty in just a short amount of time.. now if you made them NO drop/trade from overseer then i could care less how many was rewarded..
    CatsPaws likes this.
  12. Cerryn Journeyman

Not a very fair response. This is only after known patches, which are once a month or so. And costs me an hour or two spamming log-in.

I realize the option exists to forage. My char doesn't have that skill. So I'll need to make another or find a friend who can.

Obviously my original post was a little more emotional than necessary, as I thought I had it this time.

I did check "Items I can Use", but thanks for that reminder.

Oranges are used in the Luclin Berry Cooler, which is (I believe) the top drink in the game right now. Along with the Luclin Garlic Stir-Fry
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Nah I have plenty of that from GOD days. But at least if one needs that there are many zones to forage it in.

I think what the powers that be fail to realize is the players getting the jump on this are most likely using an auto log in program that most likely again is against EULA
    Petalonyx likes this.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Perhaps he was being annoying because limes and oranges are a snack and all can use. So it would not matter if the box was checked
  15. Zunnoab Augur

I don't think being insulting in the topic title is the right way to go about this, but what exactly is the purpose of them doing it this way?
  16. Fenthen aka Rath

Chef Dunrun could retire if he put oranges on his list.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The other choice would be they remove them from the merchants and you have to get them through other methods.
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I had two chars with maxed foraging and was painfully slow. Whoever is buying them out is protecting there investment as they probably sell the cooler's. months ago i saw someone with stacks of it for 1k each. I imagine if you can get a pickzone you can get them.
  19. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Remove them or make them unlimited. I mean whats the point of only 1000 on vendor you know someone is just gonna buy them all out. Cooler's are cheap now so i dont need oranges but for future interest. I hear mint's are gonna be use in the next expansion lol yea rare forage should be fun.
  20. Windance Augur

Where there is an opportunity for profit, someone will be an PITA and try to block others. Capitalism at its finest.

Out server has an open raiding alliance that still does DN most weekends. If your server has someone doing these they often will end up forcing a pick zone which you can use to get a fully stocked vendor.

Otherwise, your SOL and just have to forage them. I have a couple free to play account that I leveled up some druid/rangers. Leave them in the zones you need stuff from and just forage them during any down time. It sucks but that's the name of the trade skill game.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.