Launch date for expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kriegskat, Nov 14, 2022.

1. Kriegskat New Member

Is it safe to assume the new expansion will launch on Dec 6? I will never understand why Daybreak waits so long to announce the launch date compared to other games.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I don't think it is safe to assume December 7th as that is a Wednesday and new expansions typically launch on a Tuesday.
  3. Kriegskat New Member

My bad, I corrected the post. I got my dates off a bit,
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would also say it isn't safe to assume the 6th as it could easily be the following week as well.
  5. Tegila Augur

Launch date at LEAST 30days in advance would really be useful. Haven't been playing since spring due to summer stuff, and I plan to go stock up and/or catch-up some alts before the new expac, (and get preorders done but I won't do that til each acct is gold due to the discount) but without a date, and so much else going on outside EQ, I can't seem to get a move on. I mean, at least a TARGETED launch date would be useful, with the notation that it may be delayed a week or 2 if necessary, whereas in years past...many years ago past lol, you always knew the next expac would launch no earlier than the last did, but the urge to never go over a single calendar year has meant that is no longer true and we will perpetually have a launch "sometime" in December. So..a week after Thanksgiving, cpl weeks before Xmas, the week leading up to Xmas, or the day after, are all possibilities and each co.es with different advantages and disadvantages, and scheduling difficulties without notice because December is kinda the biggest month of the year starting a few days or so after a major(U.S.) holiday, occurring in a nasty weather period for many, encompassing almost the entire shopping rush, multiple family events etc for many, the holiday itself, a week_ish of winding down, and culminating in another major holiday, this time worldwide. Plus for business owners and self-employed there's the whole end of the fiscal year thing for taxes in the coming months. It is by far the most difficult month of the year, every year, to schedule anything without advance notice. I think the only good time to schedule something like a launch without at least a month warning is probably the 26th since most ppl finally have nothing major to do until NYE except buy discount Xmas decorations and candy lol. I hate December
  6. Riou EQResource

From the raid unlocks it should probably be December 6th
    Nennius and Fanra like this.
  7. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I am in favor of them at least telling their playing clients the estimated release date with the proper legal language for themselves to give them an out of course.
    Stymie, Emarra, Nennius and 1 other person like this.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

Also on board that a surprise date seems unnecessary.
    Stymie, Nennius and Raptorjesus5 like this.
  9. Tucoh Augur

Riou, I just purchased another year of premium membership at EQResource to get the latest info on the expansion. I just wanted to say thanks for everything you and the EQResource team (along with a ton of other folks in the EQ community) does to provide info to everyone!
    Stymie, Flatchy, demi and 4 others like this.
  10. demi Augur

Nennius and code-zero like this.
  11. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Ugh, same day as Dwarf Fortress.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

lol your not gonna compare eq to dwarf fortress are you lmao!
  13. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I'm just gonna play both at once