Extra Life 2022

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Oct 14, 2022.

1. GamerGramps Journeyman

For clarification purposes:

The 1st tier award, at $15,000 = 20% bonus experience gains. That meant 120% XP.
    The final tier award at $70,000 = 200% bonus experience gains. Does that mean 300% XP? Basically Triple XP?
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

3. Accendo Guest

Yes.
    demi likes this.
  4. Herf Augur

All of my accounts have the same email address. Does that mean I cannot get the rewards on multiple accounts for multiple donations?
  5. Accendo Guest

Meant to answer this sooner so my apologies for the delay. All I'll say is you're going to love the animation. ttobey knocked it out of the park with this one.
    Thunderkiks and ttobey like this.
  6. Accendo Guest

Nope. Doesn't matter what email you used, Extra Life will be able to see how much you donated and therefore which level of incentives you've unlocked. You'll get a key for each one earned.
    Herf likes this.
  7. Herf Augur

Oh, OH! Am I correct in assuming these donations can be tax deductable (in the US at least) under certain tax circumstances (being able to itemize for example.)?
  8. Accendo Guest

Herf likes this.
  9. ttobey Developer

Thanks! Wait until I finish the Christmas Story Goose mount! Headless, footless and basted in a lovely plum sauce!
    -----Cinexa----- and Meeko like this.
  10. Herf Augur

[deleted by me]

For further information on tax deductables look for another of my posts below.
  11. ttobey Developer

The wings fold in idle stance and walk, but are out on the run.
    Ythera likes this.
  12. Herf Augur

Please, please oh lord of EQ models, give us a Turkey mount and/or familiar for Thanksgiving, in the store.
  13. Herf Augur

Serious question: does it quack or otherwise make sound?
  14. ttobey Developer

I thinnnk it does? In EQ2 it does.
    -----Cinexa----- and Herf like this.
  15. ttobey Developer

I have yet to animate a turkey. My wife and I had to chase a chicken that flew over our fence last weekend, so it seems to be fowl weather right now.
    -----Cinexa-----, Herf and Nennius like this.
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

I have a roof leak. The rain this morning was definitely for the birds.
    ttobey likes this.
  17. Herf Augur

Will this XP bonus stack with xp pots?
  18. Herf Augur

In looking into the tax deductability issues I've found this:

- In the tax year 2021 (taxes you payed this year for 2021) people who were NOT able to itemize could actually still deduct up to $300 in donations.

- in tax year 2022 (which we will file for and pay by April 15th of next year, 2023) that rule has changed and you must be able to itemize in order to deduct the Extra Life donation.

https://forst.tax/charitable-contribution-rules-for-2022-back-to-normal/

Sooo, unless you have enough deductions (medical, investment, etc. as well as charity) you probably won't be able to benefit from tax deductions on your donation to Extra Life.

Of course, if you have unexpected, high, medical costs in tax year 2022, as some of us have over the pandemic, you may still be able to deduct your donation if your medical costs make your itemized deduction more than your standard deduction.
  19. Herf Augur

I suppose my previous post takes min/maxing game stuff to a new limit :)
  20. Herf Augur

We...well, I, have been begging for a turkey for a few years now. If not for this year, maybe next?

I'm a big fan of thanksgiving. My main has the turkey leg decoration and the limited edition title of "the Sated".