Racial penalty still on mischief?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Malkavius, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Malkavius Augur

So I was just messing around the last 2 days and made a couple low level warriors to like level 20. Both froglok and barb who got a max of 11% exactly per kill with reds. Then I decided to make an ogre warrior because I remember how much I hated being stunned. And I noticed that he can only get a max of 10.499% exp and even in guk it stayed that way killing mobs 5-10 levels higher than me. While the barb was getting 11% killing mobs 2-3 levels higher in everfrost. Tried relogging and it's still the same. Is it just a bug with how the exp gain is being shown or is it an oversight?
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You can't compare killing different mobs in different zones as that will get you different results even with the same characters. You need to compare the same mobs in the same zones at the same level to get an accurate comparison.
  3. code-zero Augur

They long since eliminated all racial experience modifiers. The last to go was the 5% bonus for halflings
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Malkavius Augur

There is still no reason my barb should have gotten more exp in everfrost than my ogre in guk even though my ogre was killing higher level mobs in guk. I also tested it in guk with the same results.
  5. Malkavius Augur

Yeah that's what I had known for a long time. Perhaps it's just a bug on the experience being displayed wrong but I looked at the exp bar and got the same amount as was displayed in log
  6. Brildon Augur

Most likely the orge was a lower lvl, exp cap per kill changes as you level.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Zones have different experience modifiers as well as different mobs give different xp so it is possible that one zone with lower level mobs might give higher xp. That is why I said you need to make sure you are comparing against the same mobs in the same zone.
  8. Malkavius Augur

That would make sense if it was consistent. But it wasn't until I reached level 15 then they started being closer to how. I tested both at same levels and moved them to the same zones and noticed it.

Yes but why would a level 3-5 mob give my barb 11% at level 1-2 and a level 6-15 mobs give 10.499% on my ogre in guk which has a much higher modifier at level 2-10. Also like I said I tested them both in guk after noticing it and it was the same. It's not an issue since level 1-50 is pretty much like a day of grinding it's just weird.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

As I said there are several factors which impact how much XP a mob will get and killing a level 10 mob in one zone can get you more xp then killing a level 10 (or higher) mob in a different zone. That is the reason why they say to compare killing the same mobs in the same zone in order to judge xp differences.
  10. Malkavius Augur

Literally right there I pointed it out. As I said it's not a big deal since they started getting around the same exp at 15 it was just weird.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You still seem to be ignoring the fact that different zones and mobs will give different xp amounts even if the level of mobs is the same. This isn't an issue of a racial penalty but getting different amounts of XP per kill.
  12. Treiln Augur

When you change zones, it's no longer consistent. Other zones/mobs/quests have different factors into their exp rates.

Same mobs, same levels, same zones. That's consistency and how you test it
    code-zero and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  13. Vewdue Elder

And you seem to be ignoring what he actually wrote. He bolded his previous reply where he clearly stated he moved them to the Same Zone and checked when they were the Same Level and there was still a difference.
    Brontus likes this.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am not ignoring that as the original post still says it was different zones and mobs and there are several follow up posts with repeated claims that different zones and mobs should be showing the same xp.

The only thing I see about being in the same zone is it solving the problem which would show that what others and myself said about being in different zones was the problem.