Zonewide loot drops a little too common? Baz flooded

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FcsevenXIII, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually I see the problem being that EQ players are too spread out in levels and gear for the size of the games population. I see the fast exp in RoF and the very common ground drops as helping address that situation and to quickly bring a greater number of players up to the stage they can handle T3/T4 zones (assuming we get any). If we dont get any T3 or T4 zones then yes it is a problem as people will be all geared/levelled up with no where to go :).
  2. Rorce Augur

Rain of Gear
    BlankStare_001 and FcsevenXIII like this.
  3. Shang Augur

It's Raining Gear.. Hallelujah!
    Sinestra and Leerah like this.
  4. Pizacatto - CT Augur

As primarily a buyer for said objects, I welcome this, as I can outfit my army of alts on the cheap and not have to worry about last expansion raid leftovers for them.
    Moklianne and Leerah like this.
  5. FcsevenXIII Augur

That was brilliant good sir. :D
  6. iniari-TR Augur

1. Mudflation - each new expansion makes the previous expansion's gear obsolete. especially so for the last few expansions.

2. a few reasons for this. first generally VoA gear is better then RoF. other then focus decay. most items seem at best just a sidewise upgrade. or minimal increase at best.
    the devs designed the loot drops in a way that makes gearing new / returning / alts players easier. also it has the secondary effect of devaluing plat and trying to keep plat used in game rather then farmed and hoarded. and sold for SC / $ / etc.

give it a bit of time. with the release of a plat cap for ftp / silver members I expect people will be spending more in the bazaar.
  7. Elricvonclief Augur

I think it's great for the returning/limited playtime player. Especially those who have difficulty finding groups.

Plow an old zone for vendor trash or lower level defiant, sell, buy the attunable. Won't take too long and a player will have the gear to be viable in the group game (other than tank).
  8. Siddar Augur

You would make money faster going after collection ground spawns.

10AA points is a permanent benefit that will still be there years after gear is replaced.

The demand for collection quest peaces will last basically forever because of the huge number of alts that can use them. Once price drops down to level most likely in the 5-10k range per collection that people wont mind spending to get there alts free AA..
  9. Gnar Augur

This week people are complaining it drops to much. Next week when they nerf it to keep the loud squeeky wheels's who represent a very minimal but annoyingly "my opinion is how it should be and has to be heard" EQ population happy there will be another post complaining it doesnt drop enough and the prices are crazy usually by someone from that same EQ population. Meanwhile the majority of people didnt care either way and just played the game.
    Leerah and Sinestra like this.
  10. Leerah Augur

I have just been notified from a source who spends 2-4 hrs/day at the same spot in ROF, that 3 days ago, named have stopped spawning. He kills 6 PHs and not one named has spawned. This is either: 1. a bug, 2. a result of this thread, 3. typical nerf after SOE sells 'enough' people on the new expansion. I particually remember #3 happening on spells when SOD was new.
  11. CaptAmazing Augur

I'll say I have spent 12 hours on one named. Killing the correct mobs and no named, since Sunday.
  12. Darl Journeyman

RNG. Monday night i had 4 named spawn (at two different camps) in ~3ish hours.
  13. CaptAmazing Augur

I've watched track and see one named popping up constantly. But, last night there was another group not far from me killing (4hrs) other PHs and they got nothing either. While I don't think it tin foil hat time, it does seem strange it's been such a cold streak. I'll give it more time before I fire off an email to see if someone could take a look.
  14. Moklianne Augur

Or the bazaar could be flooded due to offline trading...Most of what I've purchased lately were from offline traders. Its a wonderous feature.
    moogs and Sinestra like this.
  15. Tobynn Augur

In the same 3-day period, I have killed A Lost Soul ten times, Flesheater twice, Malorin once, Tunnel Slither three times, Workers Champion once, and Nefori once. Namers are spawning just fine.

Killed a whole 6 PHs and called it broken, eh? Yeah, that sample size is sufficient to come here with conspiracy theories.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  16. Leerah Augur

No, he kills the same 6 repeatedly in this area he camps every day for 2-4 hours. Reading before snark please. Perhaps it's certain zones. I'll ask next time he's on.
  17. Tobynn Augur

Facts before conspiracy theories please.

I know a guy ...
  18. anthraciteMT Journeyman

I don't see a problem here either. This is simple Supply & Demand.

The people who can use RoF gear, who are killing these mobs, either already have better equipped or are wearing it. Because the majority of the population of the game is at the end, there are going to be a lot more of these items floating around (supply HIGH) making the prices low. With the game becoming Free-2-Play, a lot of newer players are testing out the game, causing the demand for lower level items (your example of 20-50) to increase, making the prices higher. Simple.

Edit: Grammar.
  19. Silv Augur

It's not the amount of PHs you kill for a particular named it's the amount of time you run the camp. Only 2 - 4 hours a day is not sufficient at all to judge a spawn rate.

I camped Worker's Champion in Xorbb a week or so ago- I killed all 3 PH every 14 minutes for ~4-6 hours two days in a row. No spawns. I then went to killing a single PH over ~6 hours a following day and had 3 spawns in that time. RNG. It always has and always will be the RNG. There is no conspiracy.

You don't have a "source", you have someone complaining because they're having a run of bad luck.

To the topic of bazaar flooding - the most abundant (and cheap) items seem to be the Req. Lv. 98 items. The Lv. 92 items still go for a decent amount and are much less numerous. It makes sense as there is going to be a higher demand for top end items you can use at an earlier level.

Flooding the market so people can progress and experience content is a brilliant idea. A week ago someone was complaining about how they can't get all of their Rk. 2 spells. Since that post, I've seen the price drop in half and the amount of dreadmotes available double. People are really jumping to ridiculous conclusions for only being 2 months into the xpac.

What's frustrating to me is that I've been trying to flood the bazaar with cheap Glowing Dreadmotes to drive the price down but people think it's cute to buy them all and mark them up 200% to try and make a buck. Funny thing is their stock never moves. Some people don't play the bazaar game very well.
  20. Elricvonclief Augur

Tobynn wears a tinfoil hat.

I saw a pic on the interwebs...