Extra Life 2022

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Oct 14, 2022.

1. Accendo Guest

[IMG]
    We’re teaming up with Extra Life again to benefit the Children’s Miracle Network!

Hello, Norrathians!

Darkpaw Games is once again on a quest to play EverQuest and EverQuest II to help change kids' health by teaming up with Extra Life. This year, we’re back to supporting our local Children's Miracle Network Hospital: Rady Children's Hospital – San Diego, a nonprofit, 511-bed pediatric care facility and the region’s only pediatric trauma center. With 170 hospitals in the Children's Miracle Network, each location treats thousands of kids annually, regardless of their illness, injury, or family's ability to pay.

Last year, with all of your help, we surpassed our goal, and we aim to do the same this year. We are even more focused on helping local kids in need this year, setting our goal higher. And just like last year, Darkpaw Games will again kick off our fundraising with a donation of $5,000! Let's make this a great year, together. Also, for the first time, we are introducing several in-game incentives for both EQ and EQII as we meet various collective donation milestones! More on that in a bit.

We sincerely hope you'll consider spreading the word in-game, on social media, and to family and friends. If you're able to donate, please do, every little bit helps.

About Rady Children’s Hospital
    Rady Children’s is a renowned, award-winning children's hospital based in San Diego, CA. They do remarkable work in helping children from all walks of life and regardless of medical coverage recover from serious, life-threatening diseases and conditions. In 2021, Rady Children’s Hospital treated 281,469 kids. Click here to read more about Rady’s efforts to help kids.

How Can I Help?
    Regardless of your situation, we would simply love to know you’re on board with our efforts and willing to help. On our Extra Life page you’ll find share buttons which will generate a shout out for Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn along with a page URL button. Just sending out a message to your family, friends, and followers would be incredible and immensely appreciated. Please help us spread the word.

If you're able to give a donation, know that it is tax deductible and will go towards helping improve the health of thousands of children who are destined to change the future. Simply click on the "Donate" button at the top of the page to chip in.

You can also help by heading to our Extra Life page here and getting signed up to help us raise funds, or by logging into an existing account and joining our team.

Incentives
    We stepped up this year and wanted to provide all players of EverQuest with collective as well as individual incentives for hitting various donation-level milestones. Donations have already begun so help spread the word and jump in today. We plan to send out occasional reminders throughout the month of October to help get the word out. To make this work, here are some important dates to keep in mind:
    • Extra Life’s Game Day is on November 5, 2022.
    • November 7, 2022, at Noon PST, we’ll tally up where we're at for collective donations. You can still donate to receive individual incentives through the rest of the year, though.
    • November 8, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. PST is when we’ll turn on the collective incentives based on the total donation amount on November 7.
    • November 15, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. PST is when the collective incentives will be turned off.
    • December 31, 2022, at 11:45 p.m. PST is the last day to donate to receive individual incentives.
    Here’s what you can look forward to:
    • Collective Donations (benefits all players)
      • $15,000 = 20% bonus experience gains.
      • $17,500 = 40% bonus experience gains.
      • $20,000 = 60% bonus experience gains and 25% faster rare spawns.
      • $22,500 = 80% bonus experience gains and 50% faster rare spawns.
      • $25,000 = 100% bonus experience gains, 75% faster rare spawns, and 25% more loot.
      • $27,500 = 120% bonus experience gains, 100% faster rare spawns, and 50% more loot.
      • $30,000 = 150% bonus experience gains, 125% faster rare spawns, 75% more loot, and 50% increased coin.
    [Updated - October 28, 2022]
      • $35,000 = 160% bonus experience gains, 135% faster rare spawns, 85% more loot, and 60% increased coins.
      • $40, 000 = 170% bonus experience gains, 145% faster rare spawns, 95% more loot, and 70% increased coins.
      • $50,000 = 180% bonus experience gains, 155% faster rare spawns, 105% more loot, and 80% increased coins.
      • $60,000 = 190% bonus experience gains, 165% faster rare spawns, 115% more loot, and 90% increased coins.
      • $70, 000 = 200% bonus experience gains, 175% faster rare spawns, 125% more loot, and 100% increased coins.
    • Individual Donors
      • $5 = Title (the Generous)
      • $10 = 3 Overseer Agent Packs
      • $25 = Pair of Royal Antonican Weapon Ornament Packs (Dagger, Hammer, Scimitar)
      • $50 = Blue Quarm Hat Ornament
      • $100 = Majestic Mallard Mount
      • All higher tiered individual incentives will include incentives from previous tiers.
    [Updated - October 28, 2022]
      • $100+ = For each incentive milestone reached after donating $100, you will receive a second (third, fourth, etc.) key for each listed incentive. Example: You’ve donated $305 so you’ll receive three keys for each listed incentive, and plus one more $5 incentive for a total of four $5 incentives.
    [New Fundraiser Category Added - October 28, 2022]
    • Fundraisers (Those who have encouraged others to donate through their Extra Life account.)
      • $250 = Contract of the Painted Sporali
      • $500 = One set of all the listed Individual Donation incentives.
    If you are a streamer and would like to inquire about participating, please contact Angeliana via private message on our official forums or in Discord (Angeliana#0327). Click here if you'd like to check out the incentives for EverQuest II.

Thank you for reading about our plans for Extra Life this year, for being part of our amazing communities, and for helping in any way that you can. With your support, we can help kids in need of serious medical attention!

[Updated January 26, 2023] Earned Individual and Fundraiser incentives keys from Extra Life have now gone out based on the email associated with the donations that came in on or before December 31, 2022. We sincerely appreciate everyone's participation and in helping make 2022 a phenomenal year! If for any reason the keys you receive do not work or return an error message, please contact Angeliana or Accendo via PM on the forums.

Also, we have been made aware that some emails with the Extra Life codes were missing formatting. The codes themselves work if you will edit it in the follow way:

1. Remove the EQ/EQII from the beginning of the code.
    2. Then the code should be 4x characters in 5 sets, like this:
    1A1A-A1AA-1AAA-1A11-AA1A
    1B1B-B1BB-1BBB-1B11-BB1B
    1C1C-C1CC-1CCC-1C11-CC1C
    1D1D-D1DD-1DDD-1D11-DD1D
  2. Paladin Augur

It has been suggested in a Discord server that there are three (3) different Duck mounts. Does the donation get all three, and if not, is there a way to get all three?
  3. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Is there a longbow ornament in the Royal Antonican Weapon Ornament? I only see a warrior bow

Frog on a duck mount ;D
  4. Paladin Augur

These are pre-existing ornaments. There is a Royal Antonican Shortbow Ornament.
  5. Accendo Guest

Update to the article: Darkpaw Games will be donating $5,000 again this year.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

This is a noble cause.

How do you identify who (which account) has donated to receive the entitlements? Will real life names and account names remain anonymous on any publicized list (for security reasons)?
    Skewert, Hobitses, ajschliewe and 2 others like this.
  7. Thunderkiks Augur

Was wondering that myself
    Benito and Paladin like this.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Can we get pictures of what the rewards look like as well as any stats/buffs they would give in game?
  9. Riou EQResource

Suppose if you could DM donators you could prob drop a code to put in on the daybreakgames account site
    PatCleric and Paladin like this.
  10. Paladin Augur

Well, I donated and Darkpaw did send an e-mail, so maybe they know by way of your e-mail address? But that doesn't differentiate which account will get it, if you have more than one account.

Or like Riou said, you get a claim code sent to you?
  11. MageGuy MageGuy

I'm with this guy - por favor?
    Paladin likes this.
  12. Riou EQResource

Blue Quarm hat is just a blue version of the Red Quarm one

The Mallard Duck is the same model as the green EQ2 one, but reduced graphics like all other EQ2 -> EQ1 models

Think the rest have already been in game?
    Fenthen likes this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

For those of us who have no clue what any of those look that that doesn't help at all.
    Yinla and Army Soldier E8 like this.
  14. MacDubh TABLES!!!

There is images of all the old stuff on Alla to get an idea.
  15. Riou EQResource

Quarm Hat, this one is gonna be Blue instead of Red
    [IMG]

Mallard Duck (EQ2 version) imagine this as a lower resolution model because EQ1
    [IMG]

Royal Antonican Weapon Ornaments on https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=49370#Screenshots These were from when you bought a 20th Anniversary T-Shirt
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is helpful but I don't see any reason that screen shots of these rewards should not be included in the post advertising them. It would go a long ways to convincing people to go after a reward if they know exactly how it is going to look instead of making a guess based on other items.
    Riou likes this.
  17. MageGuy MageGuy

Agreed, again! Bit more work equates to potentially more donations I'd think. Then again...maybe not...
  18. Hekaton Augur

i also noticed this year no pictures of the expansion collectors items. if im going to pony up extra money for collectors editions im gonna want to see what the illusion looks like at the very least.

edit nevermind they put them in
  19. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Honest question about how it will be determined for handing out rewards. How is it identified? Is that e-mail address matching? That mean I have to make a separate account with them to match multiple EQ accounts?

I'd rather just be able to have the fam all donate through one and not deal with juggling all of that. Not to mention, the bank really doesn't like lots of transactions of the same amount at the same time.
  20. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Always take a lookysee here as well. Bonzz is on top of things:

https://www.youtube.com/c/SirBonzzofBertox/videos