Bloodfalls - Primal Vampire blood draw dot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by strongbus, Oct 5, 2022.

1. strongbus Augur

my guild is just starting to try and learn this raid. any info on how to remove the dot from ticks?

just trying to find out what will and what won't remove it.

as a bst have tryed my self only nature's salve and it hasn't remove it yet.

any info will be helpful.
  2. Ythera Augur

I think it only gets removed by killing the ticks. You can heal through the damage by focusing heals on the poor sap with the tick on them, but typically the tick latching on to a non-tank is a death sentence.
  3. Qimble Augur

glyphs + rune sprays can go a long way to helping people survive the ticks. For the debuff the only thing I've found that will remove it is purification on my pally, but that will remove anything.
  4. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

also keep people off the walls; if a tick victim's back is in the wall, it's really hard to attack the tick.
    minimind likes this.
  5. Kiras Augur

I've found the only semi reliable way to survive as a non tank is to blow a dragon scale glyph the second one decides to attach to me. Staying together and AE healing helps a lot too. Plus it helps you kill them faster if the ticks are all together too.
  6. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

We go the other way, and have people standing with their back to the wall, so we lose less dps from people being knocked out into the room and the ticks following.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

I never got knocked around by ticks, but is that whats happening when the ticks bounce back and forth over and over?
  8. Zunnoab Augur

The ticks continually teleport to thier target. When they bounce back and forth whoever used a forced aggro ability or click isn't standing with the emoted person.

And yeah unfortunately though if I recall the DoT is meant to be the main threat obviously for most players that's not the case and they are basically death touches, or at least speed bumps as they get killed.
  9. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

You lose the least amount of dps by basically putting tanks in one pile, and er'ybody else in another right next to it, and just wailing on them while they stand there.

But the best laid plans...
  10. Orienn TreeHugger

Man those ticks are brutal lol, I've used Armor of Experience and Dragon Glyphs but I still have gotten smoked even using those. Once one targets me I go stand close to the raid and just spam heal myself and hope for the best. More often I survive but sometimes I die so fast I can't even press anything :eek:
  11. Viper1 Augur

Trying to survive with zero deaths or remove/cure the dot is not an approach that is going to work. IMO, the tick waves are a short duration DPS check. You need to burn them down before they kill too many people. They are def going to kill some people. Tanks can use the force-agro clicky that comes from killing the feasts, but they'll need several clicks to keep it going. Dragon glyphs can help, but you really need to be able to kill all 4 very quickly. Coordinating raid DPS burns is important if you don't have sustained level of DPS to keep it going all event long. Get through it, rez the dead, push on and be ready for the next wave.
  12. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Make sure to hand out the blood sacs to your tanks (2 each, more as they use them). They can combine them to make a clicky that forces the tick to attack them instead of their normal target for a few minutes (usually enough time). Have your tanks coordinate who is using their click on which tick so you don't double up (and hopefully they're paying enough attention to not "waste" a click when a tick naturally attacks another tank).

Also, make sure your tanks are keeping their Unrelenting discs available for ticks as much as possible. It does not last nearly as long, but it can help a lot especially if it's used on the MA's target.

It may not be an issue for primary casters/healers, but I've noticed that the Blood Draw debuff makes me fizzle most current expansion spells so I stick to my lower level lifetaps to help myself stay alive against one. (This assumes you have up-to-date Mastery of the Past AAs)

Biggest tip though: make sure everyone is piled up well so your tanks and melee DPS don't have to run across the room to try to save someone that thinks they're special.
    (I've stopped using my clickies and Unrelenting on people that aren't in the pile. :p )
    Winnowyl likes this.