EverQuest Producer’s Letter October 2022

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Oct 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I wouldn't have called them improvements, they were all new rewards.

I still don't understand giving more agents for having all the agents...44 packs and no need of any of them. :rolleyes:
    Svann2, Hobitses, Nennius and 2 others like this.
  2. Highwizard Augur

Excited for the expansion still waiting on that class balance...rages in wizard!
    ChiiChii likes this.
  3. Iven Antonius Bayle

A bixie illusion and a very fast mount from two Overseer achievements.
    Both heirloom = Tradeable within an account on the server.
    minimind likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'll have to look at that, if they are acount-wide, would be nice to transfer them back and forth to other servers.
  5. Moege Augur

They are not account wide, overseer achievements is per server. Rewards for it is also per server. You could do overseer on each server then take the rewards to your favorite server if you so desire.
  6. Iven Antonius Bayle

That was a bit mislleading. Heirloom items are bound to the server.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

Those are not reward "improvements"...they're just new rewards.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think the improvements they are talking about is the ability to do account wide achievements such as with the Fippy purchase now being available on all servers after purchase thanks to a new achievement.
    minimind likes this.
  9. nekkra New Member

I thought there was suppose to be some sort of user interface update? I was looking forward to it.
    :(
    Warpeace and Fenthen like this.
  10. Evilness Gnome warriors are the best warriors

Need to see some design changes with this new expansion. Put group currency on merc and partisans, make the gear tiers make more sense, blah blah blah you know the drill. Same old = NOT INTERESTED this time around. Also, how about some class balance? Thanks.
    Moege, Sancus, Velisaris_MS and 4 others like this.
  11. Stymie Pendragon

Thank you for the update, and I look forward to hearing more about the UI revamp next year. :)
    Hobitses, Fenthen and Skuz like this.
  12. dwish Augur

I'd personally like to see the raid instance issue fixed or at least drastically reduced before everything that was just listed on that letter comes into fruition. The fact that it's been nearly and year since the overall roadmap was given (and much longer for the overall issue) and this problem is still as bad or worse then it was at that time is really unbelievable, considering just how much this affects raiding events and multiple classes. Still getting 50% or more bad/lagged instances on a nightly basis (on FV), but I'm sure looking forward to seeing how badly lagged the next expansion's raids are going to be when that hits.

I'm sorry if this post is coming across somewhat negative, but I just happen to play one of the classes that is drastically affected by the constant lagged raid instances, and it's very disheartening to see basically no progress made on this issue. If this is going to be the state of the raid game going forward then that's fine, but just be honest with your customer base so we can move on.
    Kialya and Fenthen like this.
  13. Axxius Augur

"Night of Shadows"? Ugh. What kind of a name is that? It makes no sense.

Other than that, great stuff.
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. Iven Antonius Bayle

Rondor likes this.
  15. HeatherPurrs Augur

16. Fooba Augur

A dev came to witness the lag on an RoI raid in GMM 3 years ago, and there has been 0 improvement since then.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Sounds more like a halloween mission.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Just because they can see it in action doesn't mean that they can fix it. They are working on a fix but it isn't something that is simple to solve.
  19. Ythera Augur

I’d like to give a big thank you to Ngreth for the work he puts into itemization on Mischief and Thornblade.
  20. Badname3245 Lorekeeper

I know its not malicious but at this point the raid lag not being fixed has to be about the $. Its been over 4 years of figuring it out and addressing it.

• The server "improvements" a few years ago were likely downgrades related to cost. Fix it, this game still takes in a lot of money and while its not a growing thing if you take care of it you will get the money back.
    • They know the more things in an instance the worse off performance is and yet every raid zone has base pop. Remove base pop outside of a few simple script raids for farming luck and or slot 19 stuff. Not every raid instance needs 100 mobs to farm impacting zone performance.
    • They know more things happening at once is bad and yet keep adding in more and more related to procs. They need a proc consolidation. One weapon, one buff and one aura. Adjust accordingly. Every melee hit and every spell cast at this point can trigger like 15 things.
    • Pets there is zero reason for so many aa or spell pets. Bards can summon like 15 at once. Across the board limit classes to like 3-4 pets. Adjust the mage spell related to pets if necessary.
    • Pathing they know is costly to performance and is buggy so stop making so many scripts with adds that came from all over or that sweep areas. If you want adds in the event make it more like Oubliette grasping shades so they spawn in set spots that never move. Then you either run to them or avoid them. Events adds like in Aten, Shei and Goranga can be fun but not if you can't fix raid lag. People would much rather be able to play their class well for a year then deal with constant raid lag impacted by the number of adds or sweepers event design added.
    Until you slay the raid lag monster you can't say its an issue and then keep designing right into its favor. Its the entire dev teams job to address this. So this beta you can't say we are working to fix it and then the item dev adds 3 more items that can proc on a spell cast or melee hit. While the AA dev adds 10 more pets to the pile casted by people every 2 minutes. While 7 raids are designed with 100 base pop mobs in zone and scripts that spawn adds constantly. Stop saying this is a priority and have it as a big ticket item and then totally ignore during beta design.
    Dsuna, Thoxsel, Moege and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.