EverQuest Producer’s Letter October 2022

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Oct 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Accendo Guest

[IMG]Stay out of the shadows and check out what’s happening in EverQuest!

2022 is flying along and this year has been amazing! Since the last letter, we’ve adventured with Living Legacy Raids, earned some ancient items and elusive achievements during Stone Cold Summer, enjoyed some in-game bonuses, and released level 100 Heroic Characters. Whew, that’s a lot! But we’re not done and have some big plans for what's to come.

I want to point out our discount event going on right now for Terror of Luclin. Your last day to get these items at these prices is October 10, 2022. You know the time of year that we're entering (expansion season), and we really want to see everyone get as prepared as possible for what's to come! Before I dive into that, though, let's review what has already happened and what's remaining on this year's roadmap.

2022 Roadmap Update:
    • Completed:
    • Coming Up Soon:
      • October:
        • 2022's Expansion Beta + Preorder
        • New Content for Nights of the Dead
      • November:
        • Extra Life - Help us raise funds for the Children's Miracle Network
        • New Content for Feast of Giving
      • December:
        • 2022's Expansion Launch
        • New Content for the New Year's Event
    We're partnering with Extra Life again this year to help raise funds for Rady Children's Hospital in San Diego. Donations go to the selected children's hospital that the fundraiser selects, so if you'd like to help raise funds for a different hospital join the Darkpaw Games fundraising team and select that hospital. Children's hospitals perform such an important role in our communities. They literally are the difference between life and death for some children. On a very personal note, my family would look very different today if not for the lifesaving services that Rady Children's Hospital provided. The official Extra Life Game Day is November 5, 2022, and we have some plans to make this year bigger than before. Stay tuned for that update!

Okay, now onto the things you've probably been waiting for. Starting on October 11, 2022, beta for the next expansion begins! It's going to be your first chance to get a sneak peek, help us test, and earn yourself a sweet beta reward. This is also the same day pre-orders for the next expansion will open, so you can reserve it and get that pre-order bonus for yourself before it goes live. Lead the charge!

Speaking of expansion, expansion, expansion... I’m so excited to reveal the name and logo. Break out a torch and be sure you’re armed and ready: Night of Shadows is coming!

[IMG]

Spoiler alert! There will be no spoiler alerts. You'll have to jump onto Beta or wait for our official announcements to learn more. Rest assured that, yes, shadowy dangers and challenges are about to unfold.

2022 is nearly long-and-gone but don’t get too comfortable as we approach our holiday season. There are still plenty of in-game events to accomplish and roadmap milestones to be met. Thank you again, my friends, for all your involvement, dedication, and passion!

Can you owlbear the wait for Night of Shadows?
    Head of Studio
    Jenn Chan

drummerdawgy, Erble, RPoo and 9 others like this.
  2. Metanis Bad Company

Reminds me of annual performance review time where you're supposed to list your achievements and you're reduced to claiming you were only late 15 times...
  3. MacDubh TABLES!!!

Tough crowd...

I thought overall the roadmap goals were hit and I appreciate the communication. I hope there is a 2023 roadmap to come.
  4. Nudia Augur

They did hit most of them, which is fair enough; the problem is that the ones they missed were the most important ones to a significant portion of the playerbase.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Post-Tune Interlude:

ZerkersSuckNow says: Hi WizardsHaveSuckedForAges I am glad I supported your class getting some improvements, even as I find my own now does too.

NecroesAreFreakingOverpowered slowly shuffles away from the discontented & takes MagesAreAlsoAwesomeRightNow with him.

At least we got a Producer's Letter though, makes everything better.
    Highwizard, Coagagin, Cadira and 2 others like this.
  6. HighElfPlayer Journeyman

For a producer's letter, it isn't very informative.
    TLDR: 100 Heroics Released
    Everything else could apply to most other years; yearly events, new expansion, charity drive.

There is almost more information about the charity drive then the rest of the email.
    Hobitses, Metanis and Fenthen like this.
  7. CellRx New Member

@Accendo

How do we get that sword in the image? ;):);):D
    Zindarr and Puzzled like this.
  8. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Thanks for list, but it just mostly comprises of left over to-do's from rushing the last expansion.
  9. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I am excited for the BETA and can't wait!
    Looking forward for the update on the Rady Children's Hospital in San Diego

ps, nice sword!!

hmm... If we donate, do / can we get that sword as an ornament in game? :)
    Maybe a list of class specific weapon ornaments.
    (Must say EverQuest on it, and it must be awesome!)
    Puzzled likes this.
  10. Cidran Augur

I've been a happy player so far this year, can't complain! Wish we knew more about the new expansion but, for now, I got a cool new wallpaper, so thank you for that ;)
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Assuming the new expansion will take advantage of the 64bit update, will we see some "more and higher resolution art in the game", or is that yet to come? :)
    Hobitses likes this.
  12. Accendo Guest

I would imagine Jenn might, MIGHT be willing to trade for a brand new Aston Martin DB11.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

14. Tutankamen Augur

Thank you for the update Jenn! A lot of hard work and amazing looking graphics in TOL- the design team did an amazing job. Looking forward to seeing some more amazing stuff in this next xpac.
  15. Puzzled Lorekeeper

Put the sword up for sale in real life, give us a price please.
  16. Fooba Augur

As long as the raids don't have moving auras, we'll be good.
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. Puzzled Lorekeeper

Oh ya and come on BETA!!! You can have the swords ready by Christmas! Come on you can do it!
  18. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Maybe if we buy Pre-Order, we get a sword keychain like the old days!

Unlock stuff.. we want figurines, T shirts, Stickers..Licence plate frames... player made marketplace items..
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What reward improvements?

I can't say I noticed any, we are still missing AAs as a reward, along with many TS items from older expansions. I also didn't notice anything new on the currency vendor.

20. Riou EQResource

It likely means the achievement rewards
    Purrfekt and minimind like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.