Is it possible some rares loot tables are busted due to the bonus rare spawns?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Thellonious, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Thellonious Journeyman

Vaniki server -

No way to have anything other than anecdotal data here, but it feels like the Alex Hutchison / Chef Ioan named are currently bugged in Dreadspire Keep.

Ballparking approximately 10 kills on Chef and 15-20 of Hutchison over the last several weeks (all during the bonus rares). We have seen 0 of the special ingredient off of chef (this is with double loot), so we've seen 20 bows and 0 augs. My memory on this (as well as prior searches of the drop rate) shows this as a relatively common drop. Again, anecdotal, but reaching a point with enough data to feel like it's worth posting.

With Hutchison, we've seen no stonewardens, but tons of the cutlasses and sunsweeps. My recollection of this camp is that the weapons are the uncommon drop, so seeing a drop rate above 90% (again, double drops!) feels extremely odd! Hoping someone can see if perhaps there's an issue here with the extra rare rates impacting the drop rates? (feels unlikely, but again, we've seen enough data now to feel strongly that something is off).

Thank you!
  2. Thellonious Journeyman

Adding in some more data:

Seems like something weird is going on with the double drops in DSK. Have killed Vivisector approximately 10 times and have seen double drops on vivsectionist masks every time but one, where we saw one vivsector's choker.

Not clear if something odd is going on in zone, but it sure feels like the sum of the data is demonstrating the loot tables behaving bizarrely. You'd expect with double drops to see more than ~5% drop rate or less on rare mobs with a two-item-loot-table?
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

No, each loot table would be independently attached, and independently rolled. Rolling a 5% drop rate twice still only gives you a 5% drop rate.
  4. Thellonious Journeyman

I understand that this evidence is anecdotal, but seeing a monster drop the same item 20-30 times in a row would be statistically improbable unless it normally does that. Based on my recollection of these drops, magelo data, and discussions with other players this seems wildly off.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

20-30 is statistically insignificant sample size, especially when trying to suss out a 5% or less drop rate. Theres no guarantee a 5% drop will happen in 100 samples even.
  6. dentalplan lisa needs braces

The aug from him is his rare drop, about 25% chance. The swords both seem to be more common. I camped him the last time there was a named bonus and was able to get several augs, but it's a terrible camp.