Fixed New Experience gain % not showing correct amount

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Astefin, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Astefin Journeyman

On multiple characters in multiple zones, the new experience percentage was wholly incorrect.
    On my 109 paladin in Sathir's Tomb and Great Divide, the % it says the character gained was double of what it actually was gaining per kill. If it said the paladin got .50% experience, he was getting .25% experience. This was in both Sathir's Tomb and Great Divide. With lesson going and without lesson going, both times said he was gaining double what he was actually gaining.
    Decided to try on my 97 Ranger in Frontier Mountains. The numbers were WAY off in the other direction. A named was saying he was getting 0.093% experience when he was gaining over 2%, and other kills were saying he was gaining 0.022% experience when he was gaining way over that amount.
    Is anyone else having this issue? Only reason I noticed it was because I was like wow... if i am getting .5% a kill in Sathir's Tomb at level 109, I should have leveled a long time ago. So I started paying attention and noticing the new numbers were not correct.
  2. Iven Antonius Bayle

1. What is your comparison base ? The experience bar on the outer UI or the inventory window, and do you use any UI mods ?
    2. Did you had any experience boosters running on the 97 ranger ?
    3. Was it 2% or 0.2% vs 0.093%
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Which server are you on?

Someone mentioned increased exp modifiers on Vaniki doesn't seem to be taken into account when calculating the % displayed. I'm not sure if there is a server with lower than normal exp once you get passed TSS.

Did you have any Fellowship group sharing going on or any exp going to AA?
  4. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Did you have fellowship sharing enabled on the Paladin? And maybe vitality on the Ranger?
  5. MacDubh TABLES!!!

I am seeing the same issue, just in Meartas killing named and threw my level 92 mage in for some extra xp. Showing the mage is getting 0.035% xp per kill where it is over 1% per kill registering (based on UI but easily can confirm based on xp bar). This is on a live server, no lesson, vitality, etc. I have only killed a few dozen mobs and the mage's xp has gone from about 2% to 36% which wouldn't even be close at 0.035%/kill.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

I really don't understand why they even put this in the game. You could already see how much xp you were getting per kill from the xp bar in the UI. Adding the same information to a chat message seems like a waste of dev time to me.
    Skuz, Yinla and Fenthen like this.
  7. MacDubh TABLES!!!

You're not wrong, but here we are...

Has anyone noticed it working correctly? Just wondering if there is some weird one off bugs or this is broken across the board.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Rolaque Ancient

So you've never put all exp to AA exp, and then after a while wonder why your regular exp isn't going up? And there's no message about it? It's a simple report about where your exps is actually going. The other issues are just other issues.
  9. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Just did some testing and it shows accurate numbers for my 120 SK on EMarr.
    MacDubh likes this.
  10. SteamFox Augur

I completed a test last night using level 1s in Gfay killing level 1 decaying skeletons across a few TLP
    Coirnav shows 7.5%, received 7.5%
    Mischief shows 7.5%, received 7.5%
    Vaninki shows 7.5%, received 7.5%
    Yeliak shows 5.2%, received 5.2%

All ungrouped, no mercs, no fellowship, no xp pots.

The other odd part was Coirnav should have the highest xp rate being past TSS (live xp) whereas Mischief should be only at the GoD bump. Vaniki is confusing but I would assume it would also have the GoD bump only and yet only Yelinak was showing a reduced xp rate.
    MacDubh likes this.
  11. Astefin Journeyman

For me, no, it was not going to AA, before 110, there is no reason to do AA due to autogrant. Also, i am on Xegony.
    The ranger did not have any potion, lesson, or fellowship exp on, I just wanted to do a quick test on another character. Both the ranger and paladin are on the same account.
    My numbers were based off experience message given compared to what was shown on my inventory experience bar.
    The 0.093% and 0.022% were the numbers given by the new feature. Meaning less than 1 tenth of a percent.
  12. theonepercent Augur

Vaniki has the DoDH bump too.
    SteamFox likes this.
  13. SteamFox Augur

Even more curious then since all 4 TLP tested should have different xp rates but only Yelinak shows it.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Because it is nice to actually have that information recorded in the logs instead of having to watch your xp bard to determine how much you are getting?
  15. Fenthen aka Rath

idk guys, kinda demoralizing, not gonna lie.

[IMG]
  16. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Oh the rounding errors we will have!
    Skuz, Velisaris_MS and Fenthen like this.
  17. Kaosmos Lorekeeper

On mangler it is showing .275ish a kill(varies by mob level) but exp bar shows 1.3ish per kill.

Also twice it showed 1.3ish on the message, 2 kills in a row, rest all the lower .275ish.

On a level 83 bard, grouped with 3 lvl 95's and 2 lvl 95 mercs.

Lesson was running, dropped by half when it dropped, messages and bar movement.
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

I'm wondering if the whole "puller gets more xp" thing in some zones is somehow messing this up.
    Skuz and MasterMagnus like this.
  19. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Also the number of group members affects the % split, doesn't it still?

Data types with old code and new 64bit possible implications.

I guess I should have said:

Oh the rounding and/or truncation errors we will have!
  20. Meeko Developer(Code)

Rest assured that it's the chat message that's wrong, not the amount of XP being given. The issue is due to the way XP is distributed from the person that got the killshot on the NPC to the rest of the group.

The percentage is currently being calculated based on their level, not yours. So if you are a higher level than them, then the chat message is going to say a percentage too high. If you are lower than them, then it's going to say a percentage lower than it should.

If you're seeing any mismatches for other scenarios, let us know so we can look into them as well.