Was hoping Velious would bring back players

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kasya/Rasz, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Kasya/Rasz New Member

Not sure about US prime time but Euro primetime a few days after Velious drops is barren, it's sad to see. Looks like people are are not keen on normal rules I guess
  2. Lumiens Augur

I'm having a great time on Mischief and it feels lively.
  3. Brildon Augur

Part of the issue of velious is there is no lvl cap increase and no AAs yet. So unless doing the ring or shawl not much to do outside of raid logging unless you enjoy leveling alts. Thornblade we definitely saw quite a bit less activity on off nights during velious due to this, but then things picked back up in luclin
  4. Kasya/Rasz New Member

Was thinking about going back, hows groups for 60-70?
  5. Treeconix Elder

Velious is trash. Possibly most overrated expansion alongside Kunark.
  6. Zinkeh Augur

Interesting. They are deleting posts disparaging Yelinak server.
  7. Mrjon3s Augur

I mean Velious really doesnt have much to do. Almost everyone is 60 and just waiting for luclin to start farming AAs.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've considered quiting Vaniki lately but Yelniak being a long way off Luclin is a big turn off.

Undecided if I stay where I am or move back to Mischief. Velious is just too far back.
  9. Lineater Augur

Aradune was packed during Velious launch. As were most other TLP's I'm guessing. It's not the expac. It's the server.
    wade_watts likes this.
  10. Kasya/Rasz New Member

Totally agree, last 3 have been great, hence why I was asking, must be the ruleset
  11. Ddezul Augur

It's because everyone on the other TLPs used Yelinak like a krono ATM then bailed.

People are tired of the classic - PoP treadmill.
  12. Boots New Member

Why quit Vaniki? Are you a raider?
  13. Ragnoruk Augur

I think the reason that there are less players on Yelinak has more to do with the ruleset than the expansion.

The small player base of EQ is currently spread out on several servers. In the past, each new TLP was very similar to the one before and most people jumped from the old to the new.

Now with the unique rulesets, we have TLPers on Aradune, Mischief, Vaniki & Yelinak.
    TheRealMuramx likes this.
  14. Xanathol Augur

Velious is a great expansion; normal rulesets, however, are boring and worn out.
  15. Vark Journeyman

Went back to Mischeif, leveled from scratch, server feels alive and a lot of good helping people!

Hit me up if u want help =)
    Antiobo
  16. Moforyguy12345 Augur

Pretty sure I am done with EQ TLP's if the next one starts in Classic. To all the people saying just start when Kunark releases or Velious releases just don't get that when servers launch its the biggest wave of leveling, so waiting to play doesn't have the same vibe.
  17. Bewts Augur

Velious is very much a raid and log expansion, particularly if boxing is limited.

The only thing I did in Velious, outside of the raid grind, was leveled up and epic’d my 3x rangers to replace my mag/wiz/ench in preparation for Luclin and PoP. I guess technically I also did shawl only to learn the good one cannot be fully completed in-era.

Given multi boxing is frowned upon with most rulesets these days, I’d also call it a day in Velious (as a CLR main) faster than I did when I could 6-box
  18. uberkingkong Augur

Both vaniki and yelinak are hurting right now.
    Other games like World of Warcraft having promotions. Everyone is starting to fall behind, feels more like a grind now to stay caught up. Burnout from grinding. Other priorities.
  19. Chopsuey Augur

Come to Mischief. Best ruleset for any tlp ever in the history of Ever...quest. Seriously, it's a blast and very active. Community has been doing hunter achievement raids during bonus rares. Everyone getting them bags and titles and having a fun time. Really glad I started playing here.
  20. jeskola pheerie

Really everything from classic through POP is overrated
    Genoane likes this.