Mobs in HA not same level for each character

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by fjferr, Sep 19, 2022.

1. fjferr New Member

Category: Quest
    Date/Time: Tue Sep 20 01:45:58 2022

Character: Level 86 Warrior (Main)
    Zone: Ethernere Tainted West Karana 8851

Description: I am a 86 warrior, doing Seeking Refuge HA with a 91 druid, and 86 monk and mercs. The mobs are conning dark blue and even to 91 druid, red and yellow to 86 monk, and even and dark blue to me.
  2. Jorge New Member

Category: Quest
    Date/Time: Tue Sep 20 01:19:57 2022

Character: Level 86 Monk (Main)
    Zone: Ethernere Tainted West Karana 8851

Description: I am doing an HA, Seeking Refuge, with two other players, one is a level 91 druid, other is an 86 warrior, and I 86 monk. Mobs are conning red to me as a level 91, white to the druid, and white to the warrior as an 86 mob
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

Ok what is going on here, are you boxing or did you coordinate with your teammates to post your details? You two are posting conflicting information as to which levels and what con color. Why do they say you are level 91 yet the character details are 86?

This is really confusing information. Who zoned in first? HA scale to the highest level person that zones in, not who requests or zones in first, so the HA is going to end up scaled to the level 91, making mobs probably around lv 90-95.

When you con a mob, it does tell you the mobs level, that would be helpful information more than the con color.

It's also known that HAs scale disproportinately to the player level, and are tuned for a full group of 6 real players, so they could definately con higher than you might expect.
  4. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Besides that its not how many posts about a bug that gets the devs attention. If how many other posters click "like" on the first post.

Posting a second time about the same thing doesn't really do much
  5. Gialana Augur

If all 3 characters, the level 91 and the 2 level 86, are in the same instance, then the same mob should consider to the same level for all 3. A yellow con to the level 91 character would be 92-94, which would con red to the 2 characters at level 86.

If all 3 characters are in the same instance but you only zone one of the level 86 characters inside, then that character should see mobs around their level. If you then zone the other 2 characters inside, then the mobs change to around level 91. But if you consider the same mob with both of the level 86 characters at this point, they should see the same color.

If the level 91 and one of the level 86 characters are in one instance of the an HA and the other level 86 character is in another instance of the same HA, the it's completely expected that the lone level 86 character would see yellow, even, and dark blue cons while the level 86 with the level 91 would see yellow and red cons.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

You should say what level the mob is conning not what color. Thats just confusing.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.