Ultimate Return player package

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, Sep 17, 2022.

1. uberkingkong Augur

So I see sticky of Goods map, probably other stuff worth downloading if I search hard. Probably good tradeskills to skill up on if I search hard.

Whats the 2022 way of compiling all this stuff for return player to easily look for and download and get caught up in mere minutes?

Github Repo?

I feel like Google Drive someone could put a trojan inside somewhere and grieve everyone.

Should be a 2022 way of getting the Ultimate Return Player Package.
    I use Ultimate (because the best tradeskill guide is the Ultimate Tradeskill guide, wont find it unless you do some deep searching for it).

DPS parser too, there's no forum sticky for the preferred DPS parser/meter.

It would be VERY VERY VERY VERY nice for a one stop shop, github page, has all the downloads. Get caught up in 1 2 3.
  2. Shillingworth Augur

Worth trying but you need to realize the various communities have demonized things that require tech skill and improve QoL. I wouldn't be surprised if a link to any github repo at all gets your posts removed.
    Hobitses likes this.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I tell you what, you list all the items that should be in your Ultimate Return Player Package (with links if possible) and I'll create a page on my wiki just for that.

Pretty much everything you mentioned is already on my wiki but it is not all on one page. So I'll create that page.

Also, see if you can come up with a better page name than Ultimate Return Player Package. No offense but I don't see that as a good descriptive name for a wiki page.

I already have:
    Maybe Returning players' guide? That sounds right to me.
    Kaenneth, SunDrake, Marton and 12 others like this.
  4. Utendiyar New Member

Ultimate Return Player Infinity Package
    Janakin likes this.
  5. Celephane Augur

With Sprinkles
    Janakin likes this.
  6. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

Super Deluxe Eddie Bauer Edition for catching up on 22+ years of content and changes
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Just did a google and searched for returning players guide and got over a dozen results. So perhaps your searching ability is impacted by that trojan you got on google drive.

Over all I like Fanra's best but none of those came up on the search I used which is due to the label on them.

I agree with the name "Returning players guide" that Fanra suggested since that is what most folks will type into the search they use.

But bottom line, the amount of knowledge needed to cover all that information is not going to easily be put into a concise web page. Just like life lessons there is no book to refer to and much of it can only be learned as you go
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

That's just not how Google Drive works. No one except the owner has access to change files unless they're given access to do so. Your idea of github? Works EXACTLY the same way.
  9. Coagagin Guild house cat

Of course the owner of said page could add you should scan for viruses and other malicious intent of any and all newly downloaded files or URLs as a "best practice."
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Shouldn't you be doing that for anything you download?
    Nennius and Smokezz like this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

2 of the best information threads I have read with info for returning players. Baring in mind they can return at any level and the new features are totally alien to them. There is things we do altamatically when we start a new char that they don't even know exist.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/returning-player.277311/#post-4063523
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...5-heroic-character-guide.269553/#post-3958850

/Way needs to be added to the list of information. I'm amazed how many players still don't know it exists.
    Hobitses likes this.
  12. Loup Garou De loop de loop

13. uberkingkong Augur

I want a return player package.
    Not a newbie information guide.

Returned to the game. Well gotta have the maps package.
    Returned to the game. Well gotta have a dps parser.
    Returned to the game. Well gotta have the audio triggers.
    Returned to the game. Possible for a macros presets? Be nice if so.
    Returned to the game. Possible UI setup preset? Be nice if so.
    Why thank you Ultimate Return Player Package.

I didn't ask for a newbie guide, I could careless about heroic characters, what happened to coin weight, what are corpse summoners.
    Play through the tutorial if you want to know that stuff.
    I asked for a return player package.

Ultimate would be like not having to go anywhere else all the information is on that page.
    Download maps here.
    Don't click away theres more you have to download to make the best of your return. The audio triggers, the dps meter, this and that, but wait theres more, this and that!

You have everything possible, now go out and enjoy your return to Norrath!