Current unclaimed Heroic chars

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by sdeco, Sep 13, 2022.

1. sdeco Lorekeeper

I currently have one unclaimed heroic char on my account.

If I wait until post patch to claim it, will it be level 100 or level 85?
  2. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

85. it's in the announcement FAQ
  3. Angahran Augur

So, if you have an unclaimed 85 and purchase a 100 how does the game know which is which ?
  4. Meeko Developer(Code)

The UI is being updated so you can select which level is used when you upgrade.
    Zunnoab, Tatanka and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  5. Prettypain New Member

How convenient for those that saved the heroic upgrades to be worth it and yet now they are worthless, oh wait is that a complaint? Here's something constructive, make the old ones scale to 100. Not paying for a 100.
  6. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Why would they scale? It makes no sense for the old to do so. 85 still better than level 1.
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

They are not worthless. They have the exact same worth they did before there was L100. The lower value is simply perceived.

Waiting was a gamble based on really nothing except blind hope. The only thing lost is the time of waiting, which was a personal choice. It makes much more sense for the game to offer the existing and the new heroic levels than it does to give all existing heroics a boost for free and then eliminating an existing product which is basically free to offer.

And even if the 85 heroics get a discount, it's still not a loss in real value caused by the devs. Depreciation is a thing and not claiming a heroic and leveling it is a problem created by the owner not the devs. I claimed my Heroic and on Double XP Labor day leveled it from 94 to 117.98.

My 85 heroic on my other account unclaimed was a free gift and I am certainly not going to complain that I didn't get a free boost on something I got for free.
  8. Tucoh Augur

Let me get this right, you saved a level 85 upgrade for years in a game with extremely high mudflation and are upset it's worthless?

[IMG]
    Knifen, Nennius, Evast and 2 others like this.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Why would someone 'save' a Heroic Character in the hopes that, one day, some day, Heroic Characters will be upgraded and they'll get a free level 100 upgrade. Do you even realize how insane that sounds?

El.Oh.El. :confused:
    Nennius and Evast like this.
  10. ntellect Augur

What were you saving for?
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I believe Darkpaw Customer Service could offer a DBC refund to those who purchased a level 85 Heroic Character in the last 30-90 days. Folks who sat on a Heroic Character for years shouldn't expect a refund. Darkpaw is not Costco (and it's kind of ridiculous how people abuse Costco's return policy). lol.
  12. Angahran Augur

Maybe add a 'Heroic Boost' to the marketplace that would bump a 85 heroic up to a 100 ?
    cadres and Hobitses like this.
  13. Zunnoab Augur

That seems reasonable to me considering they give back the 85 heroic when a level 100 is used on the character.
    cadres, Hobitses and PCSS like this.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

On the other hand they are not any of those stores who offer "price guarantees" and will give you an adjustment if you bought the expansion 2 weeks earlier at a higher price before it went on sale last week.

Sorry but folks need to be aware in the game just like life. There have been numerous players asking about Heroics in the last month on these boards and everyone was advising them to wait for the level 100 ones.

Besides most of the Heroic's that were "sat" on are the free ones. I have quite a few and didn't really expect them to adjust them to level 100. But to me its not that big of a jump to level them up. I just don't have any class I want to go Heroic with so they sit around, unused.
    Rijacki and Nennius like this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yep the free ones people have gotten over the years through giveaways or extras in expansions are one thing but it would be nice for something to be done for the paid ones in order to get them upgraded to 100 for a cheaper price.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

My only sympathy is for people who may have missed the announcements (i.e. individuals who do not read/access forums, Discord, or news) and purchased the 85 Heroic Character in the last 90 days or less. Generally, I've have good experiences with Daybreak Customer Service and there may be unspoken exemptions for a refund.

For people who have been sitting on a paid Heroic Character for years, they don't have my sympathy. Even some are throwing around the idea of a cheap upgrade for 85 to 100. It's like folks are asking for a complimentary upgrade from an iPhone 12 to an iPhone 14.
  17. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

well there are tradeable level 85 heroic boost.
  18. eqzekisdead Augur

I blame people like myself who made 70+ accounts to claim the free heroics before. They are great for server transferring items from any sever to zek for free and for making delevel pvp alts. I abused the system.

If they gave out free lvl100 heroics I would definitely reinstall to mess around on zek again.
  19. Zunnoab Augur

And I thought my extra four accounts that gobbled up the free heroics and just first used them 5+ years later was extreme. :D
  20. Captain Video Augur

I rolled 28 level 85 Heroics on two accounts; they were all free. My cost to upgrade each of them to level 100 = Overseer.