Type 18/19 accuracy augs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Winnowyl, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I was under the impression that these were additive.

I was told last night that I'm wrong, and they're multiplicitive.

Can someone please make up my mind. @Sancus, can you help a sister out?
  2. Cicelee Augur

I am not Sancus, nor do I know the answer.

I just want to make a point that in 2022, we should not have to come to the forums to ask a question like this. Nor should we have to ask around the brightest of the bright for confirmation. This info should already be provided to us, in game. We should not have to look at raid loot or Lucy or whatever.

I don't think having an in game message on the item stating if it will stack or not stack is dumbing down the game. It should just be info that we can obtain easily to make the best decisions for our characters.

IMHO
    Straahdx, Winnowyl, ChiiChii and 3 others like this.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Quite sure none of the 18/19 augs multiply their effects. They're all additive.

I agree with Cicelee, the augs should have this info in the lore tab. No one should need to dive into the math of the game to figure this stuff out (though some have a lot of fun doing it).
    Straahdx and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  4. Syylke_EMarr Augur

EQ2 had some of the best stat information in the character screen of any MMO I've played. Want to know your critical chance with melee attacks? It's right there, as a percent with a tooltip. Want to know your doublecast chance with spells? Yep, same deal.

I expect that EQ's engine/code simply doesn't work in a way that would allow this type of information, but it would be amazing.
  5. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

Accuracy augs are like pokemon! Gotta collect them all..

FWIW As a Ranger main of 1 year it would be a lot easier to not have to parse, ask questions, learn my class =p
  6. Zolav Augur

100 perc additive... BUT they all stack.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Could change with the new UI coming though.
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You can just look at your stat window...one of the attack numbers is accuracy.
  9. Qimble Augur

Easiest thing to do would be parse it. Pull 2 out. Run parsers for 20 minutes while gardening. Put 1 in, another 20 minutes of playing with the pets. Put 2nd in, 20 more minutes of doing something else. Compare numbers, it should be straightforward to sus out if they stack multiplicatively or additively. (I would assume additive since that makes the total bonus smaller, but who knows)
  10. Szilent Augur

orrrrr you could just look at the number change on your inventory screen.
  11. Strumph Augur

Although the actual percentage they give seems to be a little lower than shown. All of them are additive.

I took out all 4 and put them individually to see how much they give by themselves and this is what I got from each one.

Base - 1663 Accuracy (2nd number of attack on stats page).
    5% - 70 acc.
    6% - 84 acc.
    7.14% - 101 acc.
    8.5% - 120 acc.
    Total of 375 acc.

So I should have 2038 accuracy, but it shows 2040. But shows they don't multiply values given by the others.