heroics 100 new player what info would your tell them

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by CrazyLarth, Aug 10, 2022.

1. CrazyLarth Augur

So lets create a thread about what info would you tell a new player heroics 100 toon
    (Coming up soon:
    • September:
      • Heroic Characters Update - New Heroic Characters will start at level 100.
    )

spells
    101-105 spells you can find them in mulit expansions
    The Darkened Sea in Katta Castrum: Deluge
    The Broken Mirror in Plane of Tranquility Warlowe Rida [Spells] The Broken Mirror progressive spells
    Empires of Kunark in Lceanium

Can you group with a lvl 120 toon?
    where is the best place to group for your level?
  2. DruidCT Augur

Quit now before its too late.
    MacDubh likes this.
  3. Koshk Augur

A genuine, first-time player? I'd say put that level 100 heroic character on ice. Go play the tutorial, and level up ~30 or so. Gain some perspective before trying to figure out the 100's.
    Wdor, Rijacki and Flatchy like this.
  4. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Absolutely agree with this!
    Yes, there is a difference in game play between a 100+ and a ~30 and lower, but a lot of the fundamentals of the class are established in the early levels and added in a way that might not be as overwhelming as getting 100 levels of spells/skills all at once. Leveling to ~30 can be done in a day or two even with extremely casual, limited time, play. You don't even need to start playing the bazaar game to find better gear.

Plus, playing a character to level ~30 and rerolling if the game play or anything else (name, race, etc) isn't what you want is exceptionally cheaper than re-rolling a Heroic which would require purchasing another Heroic booster.
    code-zero likes this.
  5. Tucoh Augur

Best advice I could give is to either find a static group to play with at regular times or roll 3 heroic characters and box with them. Unless someone really likes boredom AND choses a solo/molo friendly class, a new player signing up to EQ with a level 100 character is going to have a miserable time.
  6. Flatchy Court Jester

Look for like minded individuals. I think that goes along with what Tucoh was saying about playing at regular times. Its so much easier if you have someone to share the load with. Make a friend and hit em up for groups, they are probably looking for a regular thing too. I box and its easier now with another real player.
    Wdor likes this.
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

Same advice I would give to any player of any class who doesn't know how to play the class...

Make friends with people of the same class and group with them. Download a parser and look at the spells and abilities they are using. Make GINA triggers for those abilities so you can get real time overlays of when those players are using those abilities.
    Wdor likes this.
  8. Petalonyx Augur

Join a guild for helpful people, helpful advice and helpful transportation in the guild hall.

Best spot to start for exp may be Lceanium or Frontier Mtns?
  9. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

If you delete your Heroic, you are given an Heroic slot back. Unless this has been changed in the last month or so, or if it's going to be changed for hen the level is changed to 100, and I missed that announcement somewhere. Entirely possible that I did.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Keeping in mind that when the level 85 Heroic's were released that most players were consistently under powered for the associated zones in HOT and had to drop down a little to lower leveled zones. (this does not apply to those players who solo'd everything thing in game at level 1;))

You may want to look to zones like Shard's Landing just to get your feet under you and then progress off to the level 100

Do a couple hot zones for level 95 from Teek and then jump into some HA from the other Teek.
  11. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Interesting. I never deleted and rerolled a heroic. I had a character auto-85ed while I was not playing EQ (the last played which, on one account, wasn't my highest level nor the one I would have chosen). I also had one Heroic token for which I have no clue how it got added to my account. I have never purchased any. I just assumed that it was like all other claimed items when you delete the character on whom it had been claimed.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yeah, not sure how anyone would have ended up with a character who went Heroic without them being aware unless the "upgrade character" was accidentally clicked when signing out that last time. Or someone else had your password which was really common back then.

The original Heroic given out (2014) could only be deleted and recreated during the two week initial offering. After that we can no longer delete/recreate that one. But if you try you should get a warning message.

Any Heroic given away or purchased after that can be deleted and remade. And Heroics are account related so the account owns the Heroic option. You delete the character and the heroic will become available again

Heroics are not "claimed" like a regular claim item. They were given out a few times for signing in during certain time periods. Sometimes on paying accounts but there was one time Free accounts got one also.

The count just magically appears under your list of characters on your sign in screen. "Available Heroics......3" or whatever.

Not sure how I got all mine either but I have 5:eek: So they had to have given away 5 at least since I would never spend my money on a level jump...not when the special houses have been released recently.
  13. MarttinPH Augur

That makes sense but the issue is that you can very very easily get to level 30 and not use any class defining skills or abilities with mercenaries, and it won't take very long either.
  14. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I never gave my password out to anyone and my sweetie is the same. We both had played EQ in the early aughts and a couple months in 2010. We both had active accounts (and subscriptions on some) because of active play on other SOE/Daybreak titles (SWG, EQ2, a little Planetside and DCUO, even Pirates of the Burning Seas a bit). When logging into EQ in 2020, on each account the last played character was 85 no matter what level that character was prior or what level any other character on the account was. It wasn't an option, it was auto. That character I played in 2010 for a few hours over the course of a couple months was 24 then auto-bumped to 85 in 2014 and another character was 58 when I left her after playing her briefly in 2013 after not playing her for years before that (I saved the game mails for the "congratulations you're now").

I might have gotten the other heroic slot with an expansion that I got as a result of having attended Fan Faire, but I think the Heroics came after the last one I attended (the one before the very last one ever) or because my main account was subscribed at the right time. The heroic slot, too, was a surprise when I logged on in 2020 (I also got a heroic slot in EQ2 on at least that account but no character was automatically bumped). All of the existing characters on my accounts also had their Origin changed from their original creation location which is really the only annoying thing. The command to shift it from an auto-assignment no longer worked so was likely disabled a year or two after it was done.