Overseer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Warrath, Aug 7, 2022.

1. Warrath Journeyman

Wondering why in the overseer that you can only do 3 agents at a time when doing conversions. Why could it not be that when you go to do a conversion that when you click on select agent and you have 10 of an available agent that you could select 9 and say maybe it would take a little longer then the current way. Sitting here doing overseer for hours even though it is 10 seconds. Just a thought.
    Moege, Zunnoab, Paladin and 3 others like this.
  2. Metanis Bad Company

Yeah, for sure they need a better option for doing mass conversions.
    Moege and Elyssanda like this.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Precisely the reason why I don't let them pile up.
    Wdor and Elyssanda like this.
  4. Windance Augur

Maybe they should make the max 3x agents instead of 10x.
    kookoo and Elyssanda like this.
  5. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Me too. I always convert, after each session, any that are available. Now. I have let them accumulate, and it was a nightmare.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea i had 4 accounts that had anywhere from 1500-1700 agents finally got them down to 400 or less but it took forever they really need a mass conversion button. One account i got 102 elite agent echo's lol kinda funny.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I wonder, what are we expected to do with all the agents? Once you got one of each iconic and enough non-iconic agents to do the quests with the optimal setup, then what? :confused:

Its not like you can convert them to anything useful, and retirement rewards are not useful either? What is the endgame?

The only thing Im using overseer for at the moment, is to regain lost xp after a death, and saving up on collection dispensers for the next expansion. All those crits means I get more agents than I need.

My suggestion is that they add some tetradrachms to the options for retirement reward, and also let us retire common agents. Maybe even put some useful stuff on the tetradrachm vendor.
    Im not really "into" ornament fashion, as I disable hero's forge for performance reasons(of course, if they optimized the 3d-render a bit, I might change my mind...).
  8. Iven Antonius Bayle

Mass conversion should be at least 30 agents (10*3) just like mass conversion enchanter spells. Overseer is an unfinished concept and all suggestions get ignored since two years. It still is in a clunky and sluggish beta test state even that most things do work. It is a big difference between playing Overseer regulary twice a day and only testing it every now and then like a dev that never does play the game regulary.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

They want you to be in game. Ideally you could set a flag that would auto convert them for you. But that means you're not in the game clicking stuff.
  10. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

I upgrade all mine to elite agents. Then when the new Overseer agents someday are added, I will retire them to, hopefully, get some of the newer agents at once. I only heep one of each iconic, and three uniconic. To me, Tetradrachms are completely worthless. There is nothing worth buying. I have never spent a single one, and have millions. OMM currency is the only thing even close to worth it, but even then the exchange rate isn't. If they added Perfected Augmentation Distillers, I would be ecstatic.

I agree, though, that there's not much to do with them after you have one of each.
  11. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I go the other way - I have loads of extra common agents, so I can then convert them UP to get the new agents, then retire from the top down to finish filling in.

They're not capped at 10, either. I have 11+ of several common agents.

I keep 5 of each common and 5 each non-iconic uncommon. Everything else will be conversion fodder when more come in.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  12. Paladin Augur

The option to convert Agents in sets of three, with one task, would be nice.
    Nennius likes this.
  13. daBlubb Elder

Its not only the time you need to convert the agents if you have multiple accounts, its also that overseer is getting slower and slower the more agents you have. On my main account i had 4500 agents and it took me minutes to just start a new quest. After converting, iam at 2200 agents now and performance is ok again. > Still slower than on alt accounts with less agents.

There should be a max cap of agents or an overwork of the overseer system, so it doesnt matter how many copies you have of an agent performance wise.

I still have 20 of most common agents left. Conversion with just 3 agents is soo much fun.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

If I may ask... why are you still doing Overseer? Surely by now you've got max level and max merc AA on your toons, and all the collectables you need. Max level quests, etc. I have less than 800 agents on my main accounts, but I've also stopped running Overseer on those accounts all the time, just when I need some TS mats, for example. And I stopped doing conversions once I had all agents and maxed quest levels.
  15. Velisaris_MS Augur

1. Tradeskill materials (mainly for stat food, but can also be used for materials to max out some tradeskills)
    2. Stockpiling collectible dispensers, either for alts or for future expansions
    3. Leveling alts (during bonus xp periods I always run OS on my 85+ alts that don't usually get much love)
    4. Maxing out merc AA for alts

There's never a point where you're "done" with Overseer.
    Wdor, Wulfhere and Metanis like this.
  16. Iven Antonius Bayle

Wdor likes this.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Those looks like your suggestions for solutions and unless you have the same views as me then they are not my solutions. And it does not appear to be solutions the owners are using.

There is no way for any of us to state that such and such will fix a problem. 90% of the solutions offered by players are based on 1% of the actual game mechanics. Even the Devs are sometimes powerless to effect a change. I mean nothing bad against them and this is just an example:
    So if they can't figure it out how in the world can we say what will or will not fix something
    minimind likes this.
  18. Iven Antonius Bayle

The past few years proved that team Darkpaw has very good programmers and the addition of new ones like Lucy McLaurin and Katharine Anderson was very helpfull. It is not easy to work with old code languages like C and C++, basically it is like working with MS Excel 95 which is very limited. I don't think that my suggestions are complicated to implement. My assumption is that Overseer has a very low priority on the 2022 task schedule. Class balance and the new UI will consume much time and now they should be in the final phase of the current expansion development. Early that year there was the x64 transition which maybe was also a big thing. I suggest to give Overeer a higher priority until the main problem of the masses of agents is fixed. The Overseer lag and its time consumption does drive players away.