Addition to Keyring: Tradeskill Items

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deux, Aug 23, 2022.

1. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

A pretty welcome addition to the Keyring would be tradeskill items like stacks of gems, ores, hides, etc that the game will "see" as inventory and draw from as we work on a given tradeskill vs having to place in a container. Although if this is not workable it would be nice to still store our tradeskill items on the keyring. Since their are a bazillion this could be a nice moneymaker for DBG selling slots.

If this does see the light of day would request that all items flagged tradeskill be stackable to at least 1000.

Thanks!
  2. KarmaKitty Augur

I would be happy if there as a keyring for all the TS containers (with a portable version of everything).
    Extend that to the TS tools (crab cracker, pie tin, ...) would be awesome :D

Of course, selling 5 slots at a time, they would love the fact I run around with 3 40 slot bags of baking components since I've been trying to level up baking recently. 120 slots x TS skills $$$ :eek:
    Elyssanda, Deux, Wdor and 1 other person like this.
  3. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

I would probably pay real $$$ for this. Even though I already have plenty of storage space across two accounts. IMHO, any way inventory space can be a increased, I'm all for it.
    KarmaKitty and Deux like this.
  4. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

I really like the idea of the keyring holding TS tools. I would definitely pay for this.
    Elyssanda, KarmaKitty and Deux like this.
  5. Hegsheoshed Augur

I'm trying to understand how this would work. Pull the needed item out of the keyring to use it or would it auto use from the keyring? Would we be able to hold down on the cursor to remove it from the keyring? It seems it would be easier if buying the tool/utensil flagged you using that trade skill container as if the tool was hanging from a hook and you had to accessorize your forge or loom or whatever by having the forge open and picking up your hammer and the forging hammer disappears. A whole new bunch of achievements? /ach > Everquest > Tradeskills?
    Wdor and Deux like this.
  6. Windance Augur

I'd like to see something that lets us do bulk deposits of the raw trade skill mats into [ insert name ] and automatically use them as if they were in your inventory.

Like:

A - Your bank / dragon hoard ( if you are in a zone with a banker - and out of combat )
    B - Your Guild or House if you are doing combines in one of these places.

The issue that everyone struggles with is micro managing all the TS mats.

The trade skill system has gotten many QoL improvements that make it 100x better than the old days, but its now cluttered with 100's if not 1000's of different items.
    Deux likes this.
  7. Zunnoab Augur

Key ring is an odd choice but I was thinking this the other day:
    It's been said zone checks for inventory are a huge source of lag. A tradeskill bank for non-lore tradeskill items is very realistic to implement I bet. Throw in expansions to capacity (reasonably priced) with a huge per item capacity and a "send to tradeskill bank" feature or something and it's a double win.

Make it like the Guild Wars 2 bank where from the get go every tradeskill item has room and the limit is per item rather than number of different items. Since it wouldn't have to interface with every single item function they could use a better data structure, making the data space used no different between 10 items and 60,000 items no different if using an unsigned integer. The initial space allocated might add up but I think this is a very reasonable request. They already have items tagged tradeskill, lore, and no trade so that part is done.
    Deux likes this.