Removal of vendor-trash from vendor-available stuffs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hythos, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Hythos Augur

What reasons are there for vendor-trash to be purchasable?
    Can some be placed in houses? If not and if there's no other reason to buy them - would it not make sense to have it automagically disappear when sold?
    Paladin, Wdor, KarmaKitty and 6 others like this.
  2. Knifen Augur

Heck no, you know how much TS stuff is dumped on vendors.
    Stymie and MacDubh like this.
  3. Bernel Augur

I didn't think TS stuff is vendor trash. I have the impression that some stuff is actually flagged somehow as "vendor trash". This is stuff that is in the game just to be sold to vendors for plat. There have been some threads talking about how expansions have toned down vendor trash loot and instead give increased plat on kills. Loot like TS ingredients, armor, spells, food, etc. is not vendor trash and should stay on the vendor.
    Wdor, Fenthen, Fanra and 1 other person like this.
  4. Knifen Augur

Ah I know what your referring to now. /agree
    Wdor and KarmaKitty like this.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

Would be nice if they returned the TS items to the mobs such as things like gems (which a player could just sell to a vendor) - useful for tradeskills. At the same time I'm very happy with the generic vendor trash that is useful for nothing other than selling to the vendor just making more coin rewards.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If you want to go as far as to remove vendor trash drops from vendors might as well suggest changing it so mobs don't drop vendor trash items and drop an equivalent amount of plat.
    Svann2 and Knifen like this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Plat sinks were designed in the game to keep the economy going. I have never paid for and honestly did not know that players wasted money on fellowship campfires or 10k per empowered guild standard. I do pay for Luck conversions. Spells, food, drink and things on that line are also plat sinks. All game generated. I just use the regular campfire so there is a choice involved.

I don't feel "scripts that auto update and undercut traders" is a plat sink as that is not game mechanics but is player mechanics. And they are not on all servers. And they certainly are not running scripts to buy up all the loot that I sell. And yet I have managed to have around 18 mil on each of my traders from selling collects, some spells, tradeskill items, armor from HOT/Shards etc and random drops.

Maybe you just under priced your items too much and regular Joe Schmo bought them. If your losing that much plat to "scripted" buyers then just up your prices.

Amazing how some things in the game affect some players all the time and affect other players none of the time. Sound familiar;)
  8. OldTimeNewbie Journeyman

I think you are mistaking the purpose of the scripts. The scripts don't buy. They automatically price goods to undercut other sellers. Upping your price is the opposite of the solution.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How would moving plat between players be a plat sink as a plat sink is designed to remove plat from the game.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It was sarcasm. Plus a little truth. I have an item that I list on two different traders. There is 100 plat difference between the two. They are both on at the same time. The one who is offering it higher always sells out.

You have to realize that 80% of the players don't even know how to do a search in the baz
    Wdor likes this.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I said I did not feel it was a plat sink. I don't feel "scripts that auto update and undercut traders" is a plat sink.....

Moving plat between players does not take it out of the game it just moves it around.
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I don't think it is uncommon for people to buy from a slightly higher listing in the bazaar because they don't want to sell to someone who is undercutting others.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  13. Duder Augur

You said to the other poster thst some of that was sarcasm. But I wanted to mention that I am always for plat sinks to balance the economy. But only if players have the same opportunity to make plat. Which goes right out the window due to the bazaar bots. But more so was trying to say how the modern game contains plat sinks, as always, but no reasonable way to actually make that money ingame due to low plat drops from mobs, bazaar bots, lack of a healthy amount of vendor trash drops in modern content, etc.

Also, I assure you. Adjusting prices lower is futile, as well as undercutting them until it’s low enough for you to warrant buying and reselling. One bazaar botter on BB who has recently passed away had a script that would instantly run and buy certain things the moment I’d go into trader mode so long as my price was lower than his set max-price limit to buy so that he could maintain his monopoly. On tradeskill items in particular. These are the same folk that login their chars, turn the scripts on, and then leave the computer to go do something else. They have no appreciation for the materials it requires to make items because they were effortless and free for them. All they have to do is open their bag to check out how many of xyz that the bots got since the last time they checked on them.

Darkpaw has not done enough or been aggressive enough regarding those who choose to cheat. And what they have done fits snugly into the “too little too late” category. There needs to be some sort of middle ground since Darkpaw can’t keep their game even remotely clean, ergo they should increase drops of high value vendor trash. Within reason of course. Yes, that will also benefit botters but that doesn’t matter. The matter is that a large amount of folks choose to buy plat as well as krono to sell for plat from 3rd party sites because they are unable to make the plat they need through regular gameplay due to numerous different reasons.

I know of four other players that stopped even trying to sell stuff in the bazaar due to botters. Those four are among players I have known for years. I can only imagine how many more have gotten to that point too. I lost complete faith in this company over a year ago. I will always have a place in my heart for EQ, it has contributed to who I am today and I have had countless great times playing over the course of 23 years. But I have already been seeking alternative recreation because EQ has lost it’s luster over the past few years due to rampant cheating, lag, long-standing unfixed bugs, and low quality content that has continued to decline further with each expansion. I used to maintain up to 7 accounts, kept them gold all year, bought expansions, and bought and spent dbc on. Now I am down to one account that is only gold so that I can attend and support BB open raids on wednesdays.
    Flatchy likes this.
  14. OldTimeNewbie Journeyman

You're chalking that up to ignorant players. I chalk that up to 100 plat being not worth the time to run to a different trader. I am embarrassed to think of the number of times I have not bought from the lowest price seller because I couldn't be bothered to run there (particularly for collects).
    Wdor likes this.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

16. KarmaKitty Augur

Awesome idea.

Usable/TS items get retained for resale (based on merchant slots available) and the true vendor fodder silently goes away. Some worry about cases where a quest item is not no-drop. Assuming those still exists.

This would be a great help in vendor mining. Just wish I knew all the right vendors to mine :eek:

Then there are the few vendors with no slots left, we you can sell anything and it can only reenter the world via reclaim :mad:

Then again, just go back and replace the vendor trash in the loot tables with a suitable gem of the same approximate coin value :p No vendor trash, No need to modify the vendors :D Take the easy path...
  17. KarmaKitty Augur

In trader, I like to sell high stuff I obtained for free :p even if I need to go to starting zones and KS a level one :eek: Ha! jokes on you. I have not seen anyone (else) hunting a starting zone in over a year.
    Could probably extend that to old world zones, but you get the odd one working on hunters. Keeps me funded.
  18. Shillingworth Augur

I see players in starting zones all the time. Have taken to doing work on my UI chilling in starting zones and regularly see low level characters leveling while doing so. There are a lot of returning players that are rolling new characters and a few genuinely new players. Much more common in the TSS zones but I do see people in the older starting zones as well. This is on an ordinary live server.
    Wdor likes this.
  19. Aanuvane Augur

Though this is an interesting idea - if I weighed it against all the other ideas out there, not sure it makes my top 10 if we are choosing what to invest in. Because one of my pet peeves is when a tradeskiller sells all their successes to a popular vendor thus hampering vendor diving at that vendor until the next zone/server reset. I don't think this solution solves that problem :D
    Rondor and Wdor like this.
  20. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

The exact reason I sell any successes that I am not keeping to a vendor that starts without any slots available for player sold items. I have been known to buy cheap player sold items from popular vendors, and reselling the items to a perma full vendor, just to free up slots.
    Rondor likes this.