No Changes to VP Key

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gheed, Jul 23, 2022.

1. Midnitewolf Augur

Yeah it is ridiculous that the quest is so bad that people are paying up to $85 just for one part of the key but maybe that is why DB hasn't fixed it yet.

Honestly as much as I think this would be complete BS, I wish there was such a key available.

I am one of the core raiders for my guild and make virtually every raid, both official and unofficial off night raids, however my job schedule isn't going allow me the time to spend 10+ hours fighting over a ground spawn or mob to kill. I am not really seeing how I can get keyed to be honest so what do I do? Quit my guild? Let them down when they are expecting to support raiding? Drop out of the main raid force? Be satisfied with getting left behind not collecting DKP while the main raid group who has the time to get the keys bloat their DKP amounts to the point I can't compete on bids?

The whole keying thing sucks. I just want to be able to play with my guild and do the same thing I have been doing up until know. Give me some method for getting this damn key that doesn't require 40-50 hours camping stuff for it.
  2. wade_watts Augur

I did actually play on Yelinak - until it became unbearable and clear that it was destined for failure. Hows kunark going? You guys are keeping a high population around 60% of the time. Not too shabby, you guys keep up the good work!
    Lineater and PatCleric like this.
  3. Abhorsan Journeyman

The keying for VP needs to be brought in line with other similar zones (like VT). The Pained Soul and Rotting bones need to spawn more frequently. Trak needs to drop more than 6 to 8 teeth.
  4. Erekai Journeyman

I'm just here to repost my proposed solutions to this garbage quest and bump the topic.

SONH and Kaesora ground spawns: change it from a ~50m spawn to a ~5m spawn. Speed this up by at least 10x!
    ancient jarsath, pained soul, rotting skeleton, verix kylox remains: increase their spawn rates by AT LEAST double, but honestly should be more like quadruple
    burnished wooden stave + Niblek's gems: these actually are working plenty fine. All the quest turn in pieces are tradeable and players can pretty easily get their hands on them for the turn-ins. These two medallion pieces are a non issue.
    Bloodguill Marauder: Cut his spawn time in half.
    Trakanon: double the teeth drop, at least! Check out how many teeth are in that dragon's mouth, why are only 8 dropping? In looking at a screenshot, I count NO LESS than 40 teeth in that mouth.

All of these things should require just a minor change, and yet nothing is getting done. I have to assume that DPG is keeping this quest awful for some specific reason, but I can't really come up with a reason why.
    Abhorsan likes this.
  5. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Many of the teeth were damaged by too many punches in the mouth. Blame the monks for being OP.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

If they fixed all that would the burnished stave and gems remain "fine" or would you potentially move the bottleneck to that part? Gotta think 2 steps ahead, the previous complaints is how we got the fixes we have. Plan it out, how will the changes impact other parts, compensate.
  7. Vlorg Augur

Yes, because clearly the 30 burnished staves you got lvl'ing 51-55 in chardok and the 2 months you had to farm a black sapphire in PoHate during classic is totally comparable to spending multiple hour for a single pained soul.
  8. rangerous Elder

Trak tooth thats it.

Medallions optional. Leave em in for whoever likes staring at floors.

Trak tooth ultimately triggers VP key on hand in

F this absurdly terrible quest
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

I didn't say it was comparable, I said think it all the way through. A few years ago everyone was whining about charm gating vp mobs and wanted dpg to fix it so they did what was asked and made the mobs un charm able. Look where we are. Is the quest fixed? No.
  10. MastShaman Journeyman

Before that it was the instant harmtouching.

I think what differs is that previously, people wanted a chance to compete for it. Now, it's more like a QoL request.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  11. Vlorg Augur

Yes, we made a very long list of QoL changes needed on TLP server and daybreak adressed a tiny bit of them. and ever since, once or twice per year, after many many many many thread about it, they'll do another tiny little QoL change.

The chardok staff is fine as nobody ever wait for those. it's not near a bottleneck, it can be done XP'ing to 60...

Stop the .
    Koshk likes this.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

All I'm saying is consider if the changes you want will create a bottleneck or not. If you feel that they won't, then great, no reason to be rude about it.

Enchanter epic used to have Verina and Vessel and Wraith botlenecks. Cazel spoon was fine, you could get it np. Hows that working out these days?
  13. Quik Augur

It's very easy to get a spoon for enchanter, just pay 4kr-6kr to 1 of the botters and you're golden...Oh!!!! You mean actually farm it yourself? Yeah that's not gonna happen...
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

That's my point, by fixing bottlenecks sometimes you create more. So we must be clear and thoughtful in our requests or we may just get what we ask for but not what we want.
  15. Kahna Augur

I skipped VP keying on the last 2 TLPs. It was not the end of the world. I certainly didn't quit my guild, that is silly. No one in the guild gave me a hard time for not going to VP, nor did they struggle to kill anything in the zone. I didn't drop out of anything and there was plenty of room for me on non-VP raids. I didn't get DKP for that night and you know what? I didn't have any trouble bidding on and winning the items I wanted. Honestly, is there really anything worth bidding on until Velious?

Skipping VP is not the end of the world, nor is it going to significantly impact your enjoyment of the game. It was the best in game choice I ever made and the lack of keying stress was well worth it and increased my enjoyment of the game. They totally accepted that not everyone wanted to do VP and just went with the crew that did want to. In the long run it was totally a non-issue. Don't let FOMO ruin your enjoyment of the game. VP is optional.
  16. Quik Augur

Our guild has made it clear that anyone that does not want to participate in the VP raid is welcome to skip it, and I was thankful because I had no intention of camping PS or anything else just to have 2 guilds that love to come in and use numbers to steal mobs while using the "no camp is claimable" excuse.

Toxic guilds are what makes this no fun more than the mobs being boring to camp.
  17. Hrum New Member

Did they make the spawn timer on PS or the placeholder longer now?
  18. Midnitewolf Augur

Didn't say anything about quitting my guild, just said if I didn't get the key, I would have to drop out of the main raid force and that would potentially make it harder to compete from a DKP standpoint come Velious.

My guild also isn't hassling anyone for not doing the key either but individuals are getting so worked up over the competition for the key that we have lost some people, including some acting up so badly, they had to be booted.....over a key to unlock an in era raid zone that we should be able to do in era.

Back to the DKP. We have had many people in the guild state exactly what you said, that there isn't anything worth bidding on until Velious. Do you know what they are doing with their DKP? Yeah obviously hoarding it. Know what I am not doing? Earning DKP from VP raids because I don't have the key. Know what is going to happen come Velious? Yep, I am going to get outbid on everything worth bidding on, table scraps for me. Pretty crazy since I am a main raider in the guild that only missed 2 official raids since the game opened....well until now....cause I can't raid VP....cause I don't have the time to spend hours camping and/or fighting over something like a dozen pieces of a key quest that was designed to take something like 6-8 months to complete and never changed while to reflect the fact we now only have 6-8 weeks to complete it.
  19. Vileborg33 Lorekeeper

I agree that keying should go away as it's causing people to miss out of raids with their guild and it's not like these TLPs need help in the attrition department. It's only Kunark and some of the guilds are starting to fail and others are in that slow downward spiral.

As to not being in VP and the DKP, Velious will bankrupt everyone at some point. There is so much loot in velious and gear is a complete reset outside a few choice pieces.
  20. Triconix Augur

Unless you're a gear heavy class like a tank, Velious shouldn't bankrupt anyone. You basically get your few focus items for when Luclin pops and hoarde dkp until VT. VT is a loot pinata so wait a couple weeks and things will go cheap to hold you over until potime.

For a majority of classes, gear is optional. Unfortunately people are innately greedy individuals and always feel the need to be maxed out. Outside weapons, melee don't really need much. Outside spell focus, casters don't need much. Weapons and/or spells are going to be your most noticeable increase in power. The only classes who rotate gear more often are tanks.