EverQuest Producer's Letter July 2022

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Jul 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

I can certainly add that to my list of items to inquire about.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Metanis like this.
  2. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

First, mmm pizza.
    Second, I shall ask in the next meeting!

Edit: Had to respond again because I'm starving and you said pizza.
  3. Labzeh Lorekeeper

Can we possibly get an update on the lvl 100 heroics? The timeline says next month but there's also usually the Labor day exp bonus early September. Will the heroics be available by this exp bonus period?
    CrazyLarth and Hobitses like this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

In the 64bit post we were told we were on "a path to have more and higher resolution art in the game", is this something we can look forward to, for the next expansion? :)
    Hobitses likes this.
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

Joey, Velisaris_MS and MacDubh like this.
  6. MacDubh TABLES!!!

Agreed.

Lag is clearly an issue that they are trying to figure out and will take a while. Class balance is something every game with classes struggles with and to an extent will never be fixed. Those two things aside there is a ton of items in the bug reports forum that have been outstanding for months or even over a year.

It seems unlikely that the expansion release schedule would ever change but based on forum feedback I think many would prefer to wait 6 months for the next xpac if we could get this train back on the tracks first.
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I hope not. Just will mean more lag.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

But, but, but...Yeah, you are right I fear. Out of curiosity, some other games have higher res. art and don't seem to have great lag issues. Is it, in part, based upon the game engine used?
  9. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think the lag issues most of us have, is related to network architecture and server performance(maybe except for the pok lagpiles).
    Increasing texture resolution and detail will most likely not affect network traffic or server performance, as graphics is usually stored and handled entirely by the client.

Worst case, they can just make the graphic-detail adjustable in the options-menu.
    Svann2 and Stymie like this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Any news on when the see invis and IVU issues created by the change in bodytypes will be addressed?
    Nennius and Barton like this.
  11. Joey New Member

There are a bunch of ways they can make money, and free up a bunch of other things in the game, but alas, they won't hire me to help with this issue.
  12. Valcron Elder

The disconnect that Jen Chan's team has very apparent. This is legit one of the worst ideas I've ever seen. Don't worry Daybreak won't do anything here - the TLP will release as is.
    Ketchup4 and Raneorn like this.
  13. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Server needs free trade and pvp benefits
    Ketchup4 likes this.
  14. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Please do not necro old threads. Locking this down.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.