Suggestion Consolidated Armor Containers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Skrab, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Would like to a way to consolidate the Armor containers into a single item once you have all 8/8 (head,chest, arms, etc). It would make it easier to track, trade, and sell.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This would be nice.
  3. Alnitak Augur

It would only work with attunables, unless you want to majorly disturb gear balance of an expansion. And attunables are basically Tier 1 non-prestige armor, sometimes even worse than previous expansion T3 armor.
    This would require some developers' time to only save a few clicks for a limited number of people.
    My crystal ball says it's a non-starter idea.
  4. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Everyone uses Armor Containers, T1 is non-prestige which has a high value. Tradeskills are BIS and have a constant demand. Some servers actually have an economy. It’s a wide impact quality of life change. TS could easily have a recipe to just make an armor suit.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I assume this is for the items that players need to make the armor in an expansion? Sounds like a great idea for the ones that are tradeable.
    Skrab likes this.
  6. Alnitak Augur

I fail to see the impact on quality of life.
    Let's take me as an example. My mains run in a variety of raid armor coming from 3 different expansion raids. Both tiers each. None of those characters were ever in position to buy a whole suit of armor containers.
    My developed alts run in uniform armor sets. In ToV that was Icebound, in CoV it was Blizzard, now it's Waning armor. None of my level 120 (as 115 before and as 110 before) alts actually bought attunable armor. Only looted rotting armor pieces from nameds and from chests over some period of time, not at once, of course. So, my alts would not benefit from armor suit consolidators.
    My newly upcoming alts came across several Snowbound armor pieces, but they did not equip those, alts get no-trade trash, attunables go to the bazaar.
    I used to farm T1 ToV missions for attunable gear. My traders had their bags loaded with dozens of those. And not once, ever, I have sold an entire set to anybody. Sales usually come in 1-2-3 pieces per a buyer. Even when I have other pieces for sale. And my traders typically have the market lowest prices on that gear - I profit of the volume, not per item profit.
    So, please, show me how suit consolidator would actually benefit me or my clients.

And every expansion I buy less than 10% of armor container from other traders at bazaar. Only few odd pieces cheaply to save time. I just farm tradeskill drops and make armor suits myself for those characters, who are projected, or already have expansion ores for the armor. And anybody in my guild can simply ask for those armor containers and many guildies, including myself, would just make those. Sometimes even free of charge (not even merchant supplies compensation). Still I see no improvement in quality of life by introducing armor suit consolidators.
    And I see developer's time spent.
  7. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Appreciate the anecdote, my perspective is that the ability to consolidate full armor suits would help myself and others. Simpler inventory storage, easier storage in guild banks, easily able to identify suits to pass down to alts or strangers, easier listing in Bazaar for buyers and sellers.
  8. KarmaKitty Augur

Would also be nice if the "suit" of armor was placeable and displayed as dummy wearing the set.

Could be used as in achievement(s) for blacksmithing or tailoring.