Next Expansion - Vendor Trash

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by MacDubh, Aug 10, 2022.

1. MacDubh TABLES!!!

Not sure why vendor trash has been absent from the past few expansions but can this be put back in? Without using the bazaar to sell collections, T1 gear, spell runes, etc. (which doesn't generate platinum just moves it around) there is no way to earn platinum other than farming grey cons in old expansions.

I did all of TBL progression and iirc there is no vendor trash in that xpac. I am just finishing off RoS progression and there is lots of good stuff. (diamonds, blue diamonds, trade gems, etc.)

Even if the same loot table from RoS for vendor trash would be a massive improvement compared to the last 4 expansions.

If this isn't happening can we at least get some Dev feedback as to why it was removed? Farming grey cons isn't fun...

Edit: I guess we did get Dev feedback https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...or-vendor-trash-dropping.279569/#post-4089038 although not sure I agree with the idea that luck and coin makes up the difference. I generated much more plat going through RoS progression than I do grinding in ToL with similar kills per minute. (will try to run some tests on this tonight to confirm)
    Cadira likes this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think the devs want drops that are affected by the luck-stat, so I doubt we will see vendor trash anymore.

However, I agree that platsinks and plat earned by normal gameplay needs to be balanced out somewhat.
    Unless of course, the devs WANT us to mass-slaughter grey-cons...
  3. Cadira Augur

Regardless of my opinion on the matter, devs have stated that they wanted to do away with vt in....tbl...maybe ros? Going forward.

As to balance the lack of vt, they moved towards having mobs dropping raw plat in a much higher capacity to compensate. If you look close, you'll notice mobs in newer expacs drop far more plat on average than mobs in previous expacs.

Is it equal to or more than what vt used to garner? I'm not sure!

Edit: just saw op's edit!
  4. Laurana Augur

Fenthen likes this.
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

I'm literally drowning in platinum. We need more sensible ways to drain money in this game, not generate more of it.
    Andarriel and Tucoh like this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm happy to do away with trash drops and have a higher amount of plat drop instead.
    Fanra and Koshk like this.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

I can throw you a life bucket. Put your excess plat. in that and you can live. :) Hurry!
    Svann2 and Stymie like this.
  8. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Velisaris_MS and MacDubh like this.
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

I fixed it for you.

Also, super happy to not be filling bags with vendor bullsh-- items. Coin straight into my inventory bank is far superior.
  10. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Yeah, it rewards you more but your behind the platinum yield curve. Overall, just a bad change.
  11. Tucoh Augur

Bingo.

12. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Great list and suggestion. The only thing I’d say is cost of tradeskill materials would go up as less are available. Conflagrant materials are so cheap and numerous, same with ToV mats and ToL.
  13. Syylke_EMarr Augur

While I understand the reasoning behind the change, it definitely does break some of the immersion. Of course, most vendor trash didn't really do much for that either, since it was usually the same few items dropping from every NPC in the expansion.

I'm honestly curious what people (that are doing ToL content) are spending plat on once they have the type 3s and spells? My money tends to dip a bit after release, but then climbs back up (and above) by the next expansion.
  14. MacDubh TABLES!!!

As far as people having too much platinum you need to understand that not every player has been playing this game continuously for a long period of time. I am back now for around 2 years, and in order to obtain spells, gear, augs, tradeskills, etc. for 3 characters it has been a constant drain. Even being max level since shortly after ToL released I am down to less than 100k on all 3 toons spending money trying to finish off collections for the TBL chase items.

By the time the next xpac releases I should have all group content done (maxed TBL chase items, ToV Earring, tradeskills at 350) and I am sure platinum won't be an issue and I will have nothing to spend it on but what happens if I take another 5-6 year break from EQ. I'll be back to burning through Plat catching up on 2-3 level increase expansion spells, gear, augs, etc.

It is also really dull that you can only expect the rare tradeskill item or collectible drop from trash. I am not even going to count Chase loot as I have never seen a piece drop.

Vendor trash isn't the most exciting thing to see drop, but it's something.

Also, if people are looking for ways to spend the millions of platinum going moldy in the bank why not purchase Krono with it and save a few dollars?
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Can you even have that much plat on a single character? I thought the game only supported 2 million plat max? :confused:
  16. Tucoh Augur

You can't sell items on the bazaar for more than a certain amount. I'm not sure but I think it's 2^32-1 copper. This ends up being around 2.1billion copper or 2.1million platinum.

I don't know what the upper bound is for a player but it's not this. Maybe 2^64-1 copper? More than I've got at least.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2,147,483,647

Jumbur likes this.
  17. Tucoh Augur

Correct, many players would be excluded from an expensive chase item. As for why not convert to krono, I can't speak for others who have a lot of plat but personally it devalues platinum when I feel like I'm making less than minimum wage. Said differently, I value 2-3 million (I don't know what current price is) plat more than $15 (or whatever a krono costs) even if that plat is sitting in my bank.
    Wdor and MacDubh like this.
  18. Jumbur Improved Familiar

My theory is that most boxers gets 6 times more plat than groupers.

A grouper split all the loot with his friends and only get 1/6 of the loot. While a boxer just gets all the loot for himself. The boxer might spend the loot on all his chars equally, or he can choose to have one char getting very rich.

Getting rich as a grouper takes 6 times longer, if he just plays normally with his friends. The only option for getting rich for someone without boxes who can't molo efficiently in new expansions, is to mass slaughter grey-cons.

Slaughtering grey-cons is pretty boring...:oops:
    This is not a critique of the boxing playstyle, but I get the feeling that plat-sinks gets tuned towards boxers, in modern expansions.
  19. Tucoh Augur

This is definitely true. In fact it's more than that just because of the efficiency of even a modest boxer being able to jump into a grindable area and getting to work without getting a group. Boxers also have more of a "base-level" cost because they have to buy spells, type3 augs, gear etc. This cost can be significant but benefit of further plat expenditures on boxes drops off significantly (specifically, buying raid gear or ultra-rares).

When my mage box comes to me, hat in hand asking me to spend my plat reserves on an ultra-rare enhanced minion earring, this is my reaction:

[IMG]

This touches on a key problem with plat expenditures in EQ, it's generally front-loaded. It impacts new players the most. Established players just get over the plat hump every expansion and otherwise don't have to worry about plat.
    MacDubh likes this.
  20. Windance Augur

Give it to a new/returning player.