Please remove truebox limit from Aradune.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Viceversa, Jul 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quik Augur

Whether you like or dislike it, this is a very simple statement of fact.

Everyone knew the rules when they signed up on Aradune, again, how is it fair to change it now? Nothing was a surprise. Nothing caught anyone off guard. Everything was clearly posted.
  2. Captain Video Augur

You're misquoting me (again). I never said I wanted the server to die. I said it might die. It would not be the end of the world if that happened. Players and guilds simply merge into Rizlona, and everyone continues on. The false claim that two or three years' worth of work on Aradune would be lost is nonsensical. If you guys are as concerned with "health of the server" as you claim, I'm surprised you aren't already lobbying for a server merge; that has a much better chance of success than your current plan.

And if you seriously think you can somehow stave off attrition, you are deluding yourselves. None of the TLP servers to-date can be described as "healthy" in late game. Skuz will certainly correct me if I get this wrong, but I believe his guild on Phinny was the only one to complete all raid content in-era. I think there were two other guilds still raiding on Phinny as of the server merge, I don't know how far they've progressed. Coirnav is in a bad state, it isn't clear at this point if they can even merge down to one large guild and make it to the finish line. Mangler is better off, but the ongoing attrition there is still measurable. What do you expect is going to happen on Aradune? Do you have any target numbers? I hear lots of rhetoric but no actual numbers. It doesn't seem as if you even know how many are logging in each surviving guild.

I main a ranger on Aradune. I currently run a mage box. My main wears Hero's Forge armor and (usually) one of the collectible wizzy hats. She displays the title of Tableflipper, which is one of the rarest achievable titles in the game. If you see my team on somewhere, you can't miss us.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

Cap brings up an interesting point that was referenced earlier in this thread, Aradune has free transfers to Rizlona. Free. To a server in identical expansion, you can have no truebox w/o having to start over your character. You can bring every alt with you. For Free. I guarantee Phinny, Selo, Miragul, Coirnav and Mangler would all jump at the chance for that. The problem literally solves itself.
  4. Viceversa Elder

The problem with rizlona is for some reason they allowed or the entire server had the idea m q 2 on that server was okay, Which resulted in afk bots 24/7 resulting in krono prices being 300k atm vs 60k on aradune.

I agree this would have been a great option, I even talked about it early in the server, but watching how badly was abused on that server turned me off from that.
  5. Viceversa Elder

6. Tweakfour17 Augur

If it's any consolation I've heard Riz has been getting ban waves also so they are apparently cracking down on that as well over there. It's not the wild wild west anything goes server it may have been.
  7. Sythrak20 Elder

What exactly do you think is going to happen if they relax/get rid of truebox on aradune? Do you think its going to be bot free? Do you think its bot free right now? I don't get the logic. Literally asking Aradune to be more like Riz and not expecting it to be any different.

Had a nerd in the EQ discord asking how many actual guilds are on Riz vs. just boxers like it's some gotcha while simultaneously asking to relax truebox so they can bring more boxes to raids. Can't make this stuff up.
  8. Jalarm Jalar

Sythrax, I think you mistook this thread as being about true box - It isn’t. It’s about relaxing the 2 box limit. There may be another thread on the issue of true box that may be a better fit for your comment.
  9. Samueru Journeyman

Actually you said it would be better if it died as a result of 80% of the player base getting kicked.

Here's that quote:

Skuz likes this.
  10. AgentofChange Augur

Who cares what the krono prices are? The server is in TSS right now. You don't need to buy anything with krono, just raid and do the group content. The economy is meaningless at this point.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The same can be said about not needing krono to buy anything can be said for any point in the game.
  12. Viceversa Elder

There is more of a argument for economy now then ever, Starting in GoD you have Qvic armor which cost plat, DoDh PoR and TSS has a lot of cultural gear you need money to make ect.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yeah, you need plat, not Krono, the 2 are connected but one can manage fine without the other.

TLP servers get 2-3 months per expansion or less to farm plat yet those very same plat costs were set on servers that had 6-12 months between expansions.
    If you think GoD needs a lot of plat that is nothing compared to later on.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  14. Captain Video Augur

With the sole exception of Tenish's armor set (which is all quested), Intricate Defiant has better stats than any non-raid armor in TSS, and the visible pieces are global drops. The non-visible pieces are cheap from a vendor. No one in their right mind would use a Krono for this. The only reason for crafting the Ancient armor pieces is for the Artisan's Prize, which at this stage is not time-critical.
  15. Viceversa Elder

Cultural armor is better for tanks and certain slots for other classes then all raid gear currently, Look it up.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That's a fair point.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Nothing that you need is sold by krono, sure you can exchange a krono for plat but chances are if you are doing that you are not purchasing them in game and trying to flip them for a profit.
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

You're making the argument TO transfer to Rizlona then, if you need plat then the krono you have is now worth significantly more if the krono prices stated are accurate so someone on Rizlona is going to have an easier time buying stuff for goat armor or spells or the little boxes you need to make raid armor eventually. However IF your goal is to use plat you've farmed to hoard krono then I could see why you'd want to stick to the server that had a much cheaper krono economy.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Koshk Augur

The only thing this thread has taught me is that Angeliana is on vacation.
    Otherwise, it would have been locked about 5 or 6 pages ago.
  20. sieger Augur

You should play on another server. Were you unaware there was a 2 box limit when you signed up? The precedent is well established--boxing rules can never change once the server is launched, and that precedent now must be maintained or it would undermine the integrity of the game.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.