Please remove truebox limit from Aradune.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Viceversa, Jul 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trebla7th Augur

No opinion on the rest of the thread, but to be pedantic...

Several of the nameds for the Drakkin breath weapon (which are also rare/hunter mobs, notably Refugiu and Ionela) are on a 60 minute respawn timer from a single PH and spawn somewhere in the 10-25% range from that PH. Nothing to do with the reasons to kill them or quality of the drops, but these are long respawn, rare OW named mobs in zones that don't usually have picks.

Open world raid mobs (1-3 day respawn) that drop Charm of Lore pieces are also currently fairly contested on Aradune (Oblivion and Severan, the Direwind caller event). I have not seen shenanigans with these targets, but I have seen kill sniping on the group nameds that drop Charm of Lore pieces in Sunderock Springs... including having a 4-box crew move in and snipe one from me after a particularly unlucky run of PHs on Azza.
  2. Triconix Augur

Trueboxing isn't an Aradune-specific rule. How is that a double standard? If the team decides that the overarching, cross-server trueboxing rules are too restrictive for later expansions, good for them and I'll be happy with that decision. However, the 2-box limit is an exclusive characteristic of Aradune and Every Single Person knew that coming in. Having a lack of foresight and seeing how that rule may personally affect you or your friends, guildmates, whatever, is not a problem that DPG should be solving. You chose the server and it's very specific, unique ruleset. Just because that ruleset now doesn't fit your needs now, it doesn't mean it should be thrown into the trash.
  3. Viceversa Elder

Then they should not remove truebox from any server ever because they were all advertised as truebox servers and Every single person know that coming in. and there ARE servers without true box if you want them.

Again the rules argument is a terrible argument and arguing this you either have a hard time voicing your concerns with this change or you are just trying to argue on forums
    Stymie likes this.
  4. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

5. Captain Video Augur

Well for frame of reference, I don't consider a 60-min respawn timer to be long. Certainly not in comparison to all the hunter mobs with 4-24 hour respawns in older content. It has been my experience that very few players do the breath weapon because very few roll a Drakkin. I could have a skewed assessment.

Charm of Lore is a long, drawn-out process, I don't need to tell you that, and nobody is going to have every known piece in the first two weeks. In fact, I'm not sure there has ever been an authoritative list of all the pieces. The non-raid pieces represent around 3/4 of the charm's max stats, and there are so many of them that it would take me several weeks, in conjunction with other tasks, to get all the ones I know. I'm sorry to hear you were sniped, but if it was a solo player 4-boxing, all the more reason to remind everyone that's cheating on this server.
  6. Captain Video Augur

Congratulations, you have just demonstrated a glimmer of understanding about how the dev team thinks.
  7. Trebla7th Augur

One hour is about the longest respawn for hunter mobs up through TSS. Sure, there are exceptions like Vaniki (custom script) and Gloomfang (no PHs), but the overwhelming majority of hunter mobs have PHs that respawn in under 30 minutes.

I'd be hard pressed to name more than a dozen off the top of my head with 30+ minute respawns.
  8. sieger Augur

Again, if they weren't willing to change rules for Phinny / Selo in a much later era, when 99% of the players on those servers supported it, Aradune's rules should not be changed one bit. If you want a non-truebox, TSS era TLP, good news--you have a sister server called Rizlona (which is now consistently higher population and more popular than Aradune.) Go roll characters there.

If you want relaxed truebox, Yelinak and Vaniki both offer that when they get into the later expansions.
  9. Viceversa Elder

I'll never understand the mentality behind someone who didn't get what they want so no one should.
  10. Zerker Journeyman

All Aradune raid guilds move to Rizlona together and let the solo box Karen’s have an empty Aradune? On my way! Is it still free to transfer there?
  11. Captain Video Augur

It never was free to transfer there.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

13. Rcbauer Augur

14. Eleana New Member

Boxing isn't cheating, it's a different modality of gameplay. It's great that we have different options for both those who don't like boxing and those who do, because different people play for different reasons and enjoy different things.

Some people don't like boxing. Great! There's an option for those who want that experience. Others have found a whole new game through boxing, and it has renewed their love for this game by allowing them to experience old content in a fresh new way.

Just because one modality of playstyle doesn't enjoy the other isn't a justified reason to demonize opposing preferences. This argument has always been banal.

Rizlona is thriving because there's a healthy population of people who love the boxing modality approach to gameplay, or enjoy playing with others who do. I can't speak for Aradune, but I do feel it's fair to allow those who have changed their modality preference to have a chance to move for free instead of slapping them with bans and suspensions. Live and let live.
  15. Captain Video Augur

News to me. This had to be a very short-term thing, since it was in the first patch after the server launch. The current transfer list is in the link below, and there is no mention of any free transfer options to or from anything.

Where can I find EverQuest character transfer instructions? – Help Home (daybreakgames.com)
  16. Udayan New Member

Bump

Server population has been spread thin due to newly released servers and just overall attrition. Release or lax the box limit so people have ways of staying active on a server where's its becoming increasingly difficult to find help with tasks.

I've seen an argument where Aradune is the only server with this special rule. I'm not sure that's 100% correct, but even so, at its conception, the box limit was great. It encouraged the mass population to group and play with one another, but now, those who remain and have invested so much time and energy into their characters need ways to continue with their endeavors, and the population isn't there to support this, and therefore does not warrant a box limit.
    Viceversa likes this.
  17. Darkrok42 Apprentice

I agree. It's time - there's no need to have limitations on boxing at this point in the server life. As they spin up new TLP's they should codify the rules for when they plan on removing it as well, that way people know when it will be lifted on the server. I'd even support a single account per IP on certain new TLP's through the first 2 or 3 xpacs, then True Box for several, then remove it altogether as the planned roll-out.
  18. Rcbauer Augur

it's 'cheating' on Aradune.

Boxing on rizlona is fine. Happy for you folks.

It's the lack of skill players on Aradune that need the extra toons to do anything that I'm speaking of.
  19. Viceversa Elder

I agree, IF they can find a way to enforce it moving forward.

Something like truebox 1 box limit till velious or luclin, 3 box limit from then till omens , no limit or truebox starting in DoN
  20. Gheed Is not reading your response

Is anyone that trades an item for krono that they farmed, a "krono farmer"?

Does running GDKP raids where you set krono value much lower than it is and then receive big cuts of plat/krono at the end make you a "krono farmer"?

Just curious.

Playing more characters equates to a lack of skill in what world exactly?
    PatCleric likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.