So i hate boxing, but i'm so behind and with no friends that it's the route to catching up.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arkanny, Jul 16, 2022.

1. MageGuy MageGuy

Agreed. Very easy to say "give us something harder" when one is beating missions via 3rd party program use.
    Warpeace and Schadenfreude like this.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

There's no doubt I S B makes boxing more manageable. But the spread is less than you think. Much in the same way people believe raid gear is what makes some raiders so good at the game. The naysayers ignore the skill and time it takes to build a team, learn a team, figure out ways to operate said team using the tools at hand. Think it's so easy? Give it a try.

Tucoh makes it look EFFORTLESS, right? Because it looks effortless, it must BE effortless - amirite? Wrong. Dead wrong. You aren't being shown the countless hours and deaths and recoveries it took Tucoh and people like them to hone their skill.

Does I S B help? Yes it does. No question about it. Does it make 6-boxing easy? Negative, Ghost Rider.
  3. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

What? Both of those things makes the game massively easier. Raid gear is a massive statistical advantage and other perks, and IzB makes swapping windows and ability spamming so much easier.

Thus, negative(negative) ghost rider.
    Schadenfreude likes this.
  4. Tucoh Augur

I get what you're saying and don't disagree with the sentiment, but my goal is to be the most effective I can be.
    code-zero likes this.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

That's a double-negative ghost rider-rider.
  6. bigpapa Augur

i know you are a good eq player , and you know a lot about the game and most class , i guess you'd put many hours to excel using is_boxer , since it seem to still be allowed , all is good. and yeah being the most effective at boxing = knowing well that 3rd party software help a lot.
  7. MacDubh TABLES!!!

I'm not sure if the argument is that isb has an advantage of a full group, or you think boxing should only be without any software.

No software is going to be superior to a real group of 6 players unless the players are really bad at the game.
    As far as 6 boxing without assistance, why? Even 3 boxing without any software is absolute agony imo.

Either way the comparison of difficulty between CoV and ToL has no relevance to how you consume the content. IMO Crusaders at level 120 is still more random and difficult that Oubliette of Light in ToL.
  8. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

The post you’re replying to was making the point that commenting on mission difficulty, when a person specifically uses external tools to optimize performance isn’t valid feedback.
  9. MacDubh TABLES!!!

I understood that in my reply. That was why I am saying that the hardest CoV missions are still more difficult than the hardest ToL missions even doing both at level 120.

There is way more RNG in Aaryonar or Crusaders than Aten or Oubliette which can cause a wipe. I don't think using external tools changes that opinion. If anything it makes having a full group of real players even more necessary in CoV.
  10. Tucoh Augur

My recommendation to DPG is:
    1. Create at least one hard mission and zone in each expansion (with or without level increases). Don't make it required for completion of the normal expansion. Alternative: use the challenger achievements to make it a hard mode, which was not really attempted in ToL.
    2. Balance that difficulty to challenge a group of players equipped in group gear from that expansion with maybe one or two of those players boxing a single character.

My expectation is that balancing for #2 would create a difficulty much higher than balancing for people like me.
  11. Arkanny Augur

mad props for ppl able to box a 6 group. im barely managing 3 right now and its sloow lol. i'll take a real group any time. but i get that the current reality of the game kinda leaves no other option if you want to progress/catch up. Not enough people for random grouping anymore, sad but it is what it is.
  12. Flatchy Court Jester

I would like to know is anyone out there 6 boxing these missions by just alt tabbing? Hats off to you then. By the missions i mean Aten Ha Ra, Obulette, etc.
  13. Schadenfreude Augur

The functionality to have even one character you are not directly focusing on cast heals, pop discs and all the other things you do when actively playing is an advantage that cannot be understated. When this is extrapolated to the entire group suddenly you're 'winning' the Tour de France on a Fireblade.
  14. MacDubh TABLES!!!

This seems to downplay the amount of work and planning that goes in to setting up this type of gameplay.

Yes, using ISB makes handling more than 1 toon easier; however there is an almost endless amount of setup and optimization of macros, timings, etc. that needs to be done in order to play at a high level. Even at that point it is still a massive undertaking to multitask especially when stuff starts going wrong. ("Everyone has a plan until they are punched in the face")

Once you start getting in to missions there is a lot more going on that needs to be maintained. Outside of pure DPS checks the missions are extremely challenging to box with even with ISB.

If it was easy everyone would do it.

I highly doubt anyone boxes mission using alt+tab. I could see well geared people 3 boxing with mercs, but 6 boxing alt+tab seems a bit sadistic.
  15. Tucoh Augur

What Schadenfreude thinks inner space boxer is like

[IMG]

What it's really like

[IMG]

What it's really like, when powerleveling the new character
    [IMG]

What boxing with alt tab is like
    [IMG]

What moloing is like
    [IMG]

What playing a shadowknight is like

[IMG][IMG]
  16. Schadenfreude Augur

Damn this content is easy, they should make it more challenging.

[IMG]
    Sprooce and Tucoh like this.
  17. Tucoh Augur

Let's beat this metaphor even more and hope Angelina doesn't catch us.

In EQ I want to climb hills with my motorcycle, but DPG sometimes releases paved roads with modest slopes instead.

I hope this is helpful to Arkanny's boxing choices.
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I mean...that headlight allows riding at night. That's a huge advantage.
  19. Arkanny Augur

You guys are sure a handful =P
  20. Thunderkiks Augur

I box all of them true box, no 3rd party software. It's not hard.