Roadmap/Producer Note

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by quicky, Jul 21, 2022.

1. quicky New Member

In the original roadmap it had for ongoing year:
    • Throughout the Year:
      • Raid Zone Performance Improvements
      • Class Tuning and Balancing
      • Anti-Cheat Improvements
    I noticed in the producer note it gave a run down of things that were completed and a coming up soon for future months. I am wondering where we are at with the class tuning and balancing part for the remainder of the year, as well as the raid zone performance improvements. I do note that this was included in the note before the 2022 roadmap:
    "We have continued on-course, mostly, as well as remained working on smaller fixes and improvements."
    I guess I am wondering since it says throughout the year and it is not included in the completed part, if these two subjects will be continued to be looked at/fixed. As raiding feels like DZ roulette as of late in regards to getting a laggy instance or not.
    Last, perhaps if the community gives some feedback for class tuning and balancing perhaps we will see it implemented in the next beta/expansion? Rather than giving feedback in beta that most likely isn't ignored but cannot be implemented at that time due to time constraints. Would it be constructive for the community to start giving feedback with the specific aim at giving the devs enough time to consider these ideas to be implemented in time for the beta release.
    Svann2 likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

3. Cicelee Augur

99.99% of the community would provide terrible and awful feedback, with their only goal being to make whichever class(es) they play to he far superior to all others.

The 0.01% of the community that would.actually provide reasonable,.tangible feedback on class balancing would either (a) be looked down upon by 98% of the 99.99%, or (b) devs believe they are part of.the 99.99% and thus will.be ignored
    Szilent likes this.
  4. quicky New Member

would y
    would you be in the .01% =p
  5. Aussieguy Lorekeeper

They should really show some love for the wizards, those poor souls have been left in the dark for years.
    A_ranger001 likes this.
  6. Cicelee Augur

I sure hope not.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I'm going to take a stab here and say that all three of those are likely always on the list for Darkpaw.

How much attention they get, however, depends on many factors. As always, they have to push out the door the next expansion by the end of the year as well as all the other items on the list and bug fixes, etc.

What gets priority and what is able to be fixed are always moving targets. None of these three items are easy and none of them are ever "finished".
    Nennius likes this.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Totally agree reason i retired my wizard to a baz trader and my ranger became my main playing character.