Why does it take 24hrs to patch a decade old expansion?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Morningstars, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Morningstars New Member

Why does it take 24hrs to patch a decade old expansion? The original didn't even take that long, what gives?
  2. Gheed Is not reading your response

They are merging servers together. Opening Kunark does not take any downtime.
    minimind likes this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They don't have patches or downtime to unlock new TLP expansions, the downtime is for the monthly update and is combined with a server merge.
    minimind likes this.
  4. Triconix Augur

Why is it so hard spending 30 seconds reading exactly what the downtime is for and understanding that it's not for patching an expansion?
    minimind likes this.
  5. Midnitewolf Augur

Pretty much this.

I think these monthly maintenance days encompass pretty much everything, not sure flipping the switch to turn on Kunark on one lonely server.
  6. TheAgenda Augur

Yes. Everything is totally about you and the server you play on. Nothing else exists anywhere, ever.
    Vecsus likes this.
  7. Herf Augur

I came to the forums because I knew I'd find a thread like this :D
  8. Sapper GrumpyScales

He isn't wrong though ...

There is no reason ALL of the servers should be down for 24 hours when only a handful are getting major changes.

*shrug*
  9. Yoda Journeyman

lol @ all the stressing over 1 day. Get some sun or find a girlfriend maybe.
  10. Herf Augur

What is this "sun" of which you speak?
    Yoda likes this.
  11. Wildmandaniel New Member

That’s where Solusek lives right?
    Yoda likes this.
  12. Dewd Master

someone hire this man ASAP!
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It would be nice but they use a shared database which is why the shared downtime is happening.
  14. LtSneak New Member

If they are patching/working on the hosts then all of the VMs need to come down.
  15. jeskola pheerie

We need Captain Video's expertise on this topic.
  16. Captain Video Augur

I just got a new Steam Deck. What was the question again?
  17. TheAgenda Augur

I believe it's called "Solteris?"
    Yinla likes this.
  18. jeskola pheerie

I'm not totally sure