Too many BAD bad boxers on Yelinak

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Thunn, Jul 19, 2022.

1. Thunn Journeyman

Every PUG I get there is someone 2 boxing that absolutely sucks. I am tired of it. It's bad enough you can't get a group because every other player is boxing but when you do get one the damn tank is trying to pull, tank and play enchanter and doing all 3 jobs poorly.

Seriously if you are gonna box, stop sucking
    TLP Addict likes this.
  2. Lumiens Augur

If the one guy is 2 boxing and he's tanking, pulling and doing all of the CC, you sound pretty useless to the group.
    TheAgenda, Thewiz and code-zero like this.
  3. Magician9001 Augur

If the tank is pulling it's a bad group.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  4. Thunn Journeyman

Just a Cleric yes I am totally useless. Idiot
  5. Thunn Journeyman

How about 1 person playing 1 flipping toon for once... God forbid
  6. Thunn Journeyman

Yet to see a good enchanter on this server. They are all boxing trash
  7. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Do I have even more people on ignore than I thought or is captain off his meds just chain replying to himself?
    TheAgenda and Bobbybick like this.
  8. Nessirfiti Augur

the OP? Yeah he seems to be extremely worked up.
  9. FinalTidus23 Lorekeeper

You should see Dalinor 6 box better than regular groups though. Dude is a beast and could teach other boxers a thing or two about boxing.
  10. error Augur

I mean, I've seen countless people who can't even manage to play 1 character well. Is your issue with bad players or bad players boxing?
    TheAgenda and Newb Tank like this.
  11. TLP Addict Augur

Cool story bro, but if he is 6 boxing then the average TLP player will never have much if any interaction with him, yes good boxers exist but there are many that are trash. If he's a "beast" boxing 6 then there is likely a lot of scripting involved.

Anyway I agree with the OP even if he's doing a terrible job of articulating what his issue with boxers is.

It's an issue mostly in Pugs where someone has a box healer typically Shaman or Druid but invites a Cleric aka the OP to the group to cover for the fact that they can't play 2 chars effectively, so the Cleric is expected to do the healing while the box mostly sits at full mana contributing very little. Having said that, there are many that can't play one char effectively, working or watching netflix/youtube while barely paying attention to EQ.

The tolerance for incompetence is way too high in this game, in other games these people would be vote kicked within minutes and would be the ones crying on the forums about the "toxic pug" scene.

Here if you complain about the semi AFK players not doing their job, you're the one causing "drama".
  12. TLP Addict Augur

[IMG]
  13. Larsen Augur

"On Yelinak" as if there was something about the server that somehow attracts bad boxers specifically...
  14. Protocol Dragon Defender

Triple post? Seek help.
  15. Tucoh Augur

My first two boz in the year 2000 the computers were on opposite sides of the house, so I'd have to jump up and run across the entire house to change characters. Maybe this person has the same setup???
    jeskola likes this.
  16. Arclyte Augur

gotta wait for a new decent mmo to come out for that one my man
  17. FinalTidus23 Lorekeeper

Haha there's no scripting and he helps a lot :p.

Truth is, Everquest is easy to play. A mage sends in pet and nukes so mana is never full. Burnout on pet and there is nothing else to do as a mage. Cleric heals and if cleric is FM you can pull more. Enchanter charms and CCs... these things have a lot of down time. No scripting needed. Just pure skill. :)
  18. Fhiele Augur

Don't forget to DS the tank.
    FinalTidus23 likes this.
  19. Shillingworth Augur

My first box was a laptop that ran the game at half speed. Literally characters walked in slow motion, spell casting was in slow motion and once per minute it would snap to whatever was actually going on. Input was also delayed by 2 or 3 seconds so all spells had to be cast in advanced of needing them. It was not what anyone would reasonably call playable but did work well enough for casters. I wonder if the game still does that on crazy underpowered hardware.
  20. FinalTidus23 Lorekeeper

Good catch. I do have that macrod for use, but with all my boxes, I often take ds out for another buff, but ds itself is macrod to a numpad that I press 1 button on, ds’s me, then sits back down. I mean… there is a lot of down time with casters, and if not, you’re missing out on a lot of med time lol.

Don’t get me wrong, most boxers suck. But Dalinor though… what a God!