@Devs 24 Hours +/- For Kunark

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aenoan, Jul 19, 2022.

1. Aenoan Augur

Is there any kind of explanation as to why something like this now take 24 hours?
    Could you not push server merges or split it, we at least get sometime to enjoy it.

Seems like poor planning. Especially since it still takes 24hours +/- a week for this stuff to happen. Might be time to get some new gerbils.
  2. TheStugots Augur

You’ve obviously played for a while, why does this still surprise you?
    Herf and Appren like this.
  3. Vileborg33 Lorekeeper

They rarely tell us what they are really doing so there is that. It's not restricted to TLPs so it's something on all servers. It just aligns with several unlocks.
  4. Knifen Augur

Or its really a 2 hour patch that if gets done early everyone is happy, and if it runs late every one knows not to post servers still down posts every 10 min.
    minimind likes this.
  5. TLP Addict Augur

Have they posted the system requirements for Kunark?

I want to know if I need to upgrade my computer.
    Aenoan and Stymie like this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I don't think Kunark is different than the rest of the game? If your running the game now then you should be able to after the patch.
  7. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

You've become so accustomed to answering outlandish questions on this forum that even the most obvious joke seems like it could be a real question.
  8. Midnitewolf Augur

Honestly if all they were doing was adding Kunark to Yelinak, it shouldn't really take them more than half an hour but from my understanding July 20th happens to be a regularly scheduled maintenance day for all of EQ. It might even be a maintenance day for every game they have running right now. Doing that level of maintenance is what takes 24 hours.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

10. Vecsus New Member

Unless you are playing on Commodore 64 you'll be fine.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Close.

They are merging servers and they are doing the usual monthly patch (usually 6 hours). The Kunark unlock would usually happen without down time, this time it just happens to be on patch day. Unlocks usually happen over the course of an hour I think.

They always allow extra time for server merges incase of problems. Most server merges have taken less time than allowed, but we have had it go longer when something went astray.
  12. Nessirfiti Augur

They don't need to take the servers down for TLP expansion launches.
  13. TLP Addict Augur

No but yearly server merges do require extended downtime, which is the reason for this one. Nothing to do with Kunark unlocking.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Nessirfiti Augur

Yar, Well, as long as it's not as bad as the Luclin release on Prexus.
  15. LeetKronolord Journeyman

It's to emulate the best as they can the classic experience. Everything is already done don't worry.
    Herf and Sapper like this.
  16. Aenoan Augur

Past TLPs I don't believe we had to take servers down for expansion unlocks. I don't know if this is new for expansion unlocks when it comes to TLPs, but I do remember getting excited about the expansion unlock and sitting at the docks with hundreds of other players waiting for the global message.

I just think this is poor management of time and judgement. It would make more sense to have just a weekly maintenance like most MMO's (they all seem to pick the Monday/ Tuesday) can also a little annoying at times. At least then servers can be reset overnight with minimal impact on the players, most games now gameplay is rarely interrupted. Unless it's a major expansion launch.
    Sapper likes this.
  17. Nessirfiti Augur

No, Having played on TLPs since lockjaw/ragefire I have never seen them require a downtime to activate expansions, and I don't know where this assumption that they need to is coming from it's ridiculous.
  18. YelinakIsFun New Member

I get home from work in 4 hours and 20 minutes. The server better be ready for me when I get there.
  19. Aenoan Augur

I thought as much, I played Phini and Ragefire and obviously on Sleeper, I don't remember that ever happening. It's weird to read about.
    I am a whole lot of bitter because I work in healthcare right now and today was my last day off because the big heat wave kicks off where I live. And coming off like 60hrs of hell in a a 24hr period. I was looking forward to chillin' for a day lol.
    I am fully aware that regardless of when, I would lose some time but to over lap it with an unlock, feels pretty bad.
  20. Nozraku Lorekeeper

And here I am just trying to get past the fact that you used Times New Roman to post...
    Aenoan likes this.