Advice for getting AAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Jul 17, 2022.

1. Windance Augur

Looking for some advice on different methods for getting AA.

We had someone return after many years. We were able to get her to 120 by taking advantage of the 4th of July XP boost + about a dozen XP potions along with jamming out the ToV/ToL heroic missions.

Now the hard part.

At best we're doing 70-85 AA/hr in either ME or UP.

She has over 20k useful AA @ ~80AA/hr works out to 250 hrs.

We've already done low hanging fruit by raiding various guild members collectable collections.

So what's next?

One of the best missions is actually Griklor. Can portal to it and be done in about 5-8 minutes.

Would like to hear what others are doing ?
  2. Rinrigok Journeyman

For new alts I usually do the following :-

EoK Heroics - 50 AA each the 1st time completed
    RoS Heroics - 25 AA each the 1st time completed

Completing EoK Partisan/Merc arcs are worth 20 AAs and RoS are 10 AA

I find those useful to get some of the focus AAs
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

@Windance - I'm jealous, 70-85 AA/hour is about twice as good as I've ever been able to do :)

All I can add is, you mention raiding friends' spare collectables. Is the new guy done with collections? If not, and assuming they're already 120, have them do Overseer every day to get the ones they're still missing. It's not much, but it's something.

@Rinrigok - Strange that EoK AA bonuses are twice that of RoS. What are the later expacs, in comparison?
  4. OldTimeNewbie Journeyman

You didn't mention the number of folks available to help in your guild, but Fellowship vitality is really useful given the right support. If you have enough members to feed vitality to your guildie, and set it up right, they can earn AA's at > 3X the normal rate per kill (up to 5AA per kill maximum I think).
  5. zleski Augur

Do old progression. Hero missions were already mentioned, but do not sleep on the mercenary and partisan tasks from cotf onward. The reward and XP from killing then NPCs will be significant. Plus, she will load up on the hero stats, too.

Additionally, when those are done, doing mission achievements will grant a non trivial number of AAs (including hero stats). Finally, Hunter achievements for eok and ros and TBL grant hero stats. Plus, the natural xp from the camps.
  6. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Don't forget to do Seeking the Sorcerer, it's another quick ToV mission. Could probably burn Zlandicar too.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

There are 5 easy ToL tasks for 18aa each
    Vex Thal - Thanks for the memories - helps to have bard mez the see invis guy then just double invis and run in to click the water dishes. Fast
    then wiz port to SV and run to basilica to do
    When soul meets soul - dead simple. Nice to have a wiz evac to zone in after then
    Hope may vanish but cannot die
    then on to BF. Nice to have a wiz thats bound there so you can port directly
    In search of Intelligence - bard invis great here. Once you figure out where the notes are its really fast.
    Youre not yourself when you're hungry - this one a little tricky. Mez the mobs before you go for the click. Bards are great because they can fade if mez doesnt land.

These are what I do when I need to restock aa after raids.
    code-zero, Hobitses, Wulfhere and 2 others like this.
  8. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

Griklor is 17 aa for 2 minutes of fight time.
  9. Petalonyx Augur

I think running TOV missions needs to be considered. Not only griklor, but all 4. I think if you time Lesson correctly (at end of GD mission) it would last through Griklor and velks too. With all four, and the mob kill exp, I bet it would be around 100 AA in an hour, plus currency, augs, ores for crafted augs. I have some fresh 120s and might be able to try it and report back here with results.
  10. Windance Augur

Are any of the mission rewards boosted with LoTD? I seem to recall trying it on griklor and the answer was no, but now I'm not sure.
  11. TheAgenda Augur

I ran these 3 over and over during bonus xp and got roughly 7500 AAs in the span of a week. It's nice because not a single mob has to be fought.
  12. Ozon Augur

Bloodfalls partisan mission 3, you really only need invis, and knowledge of how the zone works. If you have a bard available its super quick. With a bard it takes about 3 minutes for 18-19 AA, without a bard its about 7 minutes. Every 30 minutes.
  13. Vumad Cape Wearer

Bloodfalls partisan #3, In search of intelligence. Its worth about 18AA and takes about 10 minutes to complete. It has a 1 hour replay timer. Get the task right before you log off, then when you log back in, you can do it twice in row while LFG.

I really wish the game had more tasks like this so people can progress while solo.
    demi and Metanis like this.
  14. OldTimeNewbie Journeyman

While I won't argue that ISOI is good for a solo player to get AA, it seems the OP has a group / guild and is looking to maximize AA gain per time spent grinding. In which case I would not suggest missions - too much travel time for the AA.

I would get some of the more active members of your guild / group to form up a fellowship with the new player and enable XP sharing. If they fill her vitality bar each day, then an hour of grinding and LoTD should get around 200-300 AA's (assuming the 80-90 base rate).

Even better is if the other guildies keep hunting while the PLee is on and also hunting. Then you can maintain the 200-300AA rate indefinitely.

This is what vitality was made for.
    Vumad likes this.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Vitality is 100% the best way for a guild to help a guildie with XP.

Also,the 24-hour limit on fellowship leave/join should be dropped to 30 minutes or eliminated completely.
    Hobitses likes this.
  16. Windance Augur

That is exactly the point.

Some of the missions are fast, but by the time you factor in the time it takes to run to the zone, get the mission, zone in, pop the target, zone out, move to the next spot.

On the other hand watching paint dry while clearing the same mobs for an hour or two at a time gets old ...
    Nennius likes this.
  17. Zunnoab Augur

If your group is powerful enough blow through the ToL missions too. ToL is an amazing expansion for catching up on type 5 augs too.
    code-zero likes this.
  18. Petalonyx Augur

Wow, lots of recommendations and options here. Nice to see that players can do different things that they prefer and still make good progress
  19. Shredd Augur

go to tol raid zones with a full group and clear them for 1+ aa each and luck augs
    Metanis likes this.
  20. Metanis Bad Company

I did this in the Tantor Western Wastes raid and it was amazing Exp. I haven't tried the current expansion yet.