Test Update 07/12/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jul 12, 2022.

1. Cicelee Augur

You can't tell when you load in the world that you should hit alt enter? Not trying to be mean, but I have played in full screen for 22 years. I am confident when I load into the world my brain is going to be able to detect I am in window mode and send the necessary triggers to my fingers to hit alt enter.
  2. Qimble Augur

Out of curiosity, what's a good single target 2 minute burn for a wizard look like with decent ADPS?
  3. Brickhaus Augur

EQ Wizard DPS Tool (kizant.net)

Can load what you want for adps and figure out the average. Just click everything on for the wizard self adps (pretty much). GCD adjustment matters, if trying to simulate some lag.
    Sancus likes this.
  4. niente Developer

Test is back up and unlocked.
    kizant likes this.
  5. Grotbogger New Member

That must have been one hard fix.

Edit: My characters don't seem to be loading into world the loading bar at character select never pops up.

E2 .Finally loaded in~.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Also, if a person cant immediately tell the difference then whats the difference?
  7. Zunnoab Augur

Thier UI didn't load in yet.

That said I wonder how many are due to not disabling DPI scaling or copying the layout from full screen.

I will reiterate it's lunacy to make such a change without a full screen windowed option at the least though. Weaning people off full screen exclusive is good. It just can't be done this haphazardly to the point some dread even logging in.
  8. Hobs Elder

The log in server for Test isn't working properly. I just tried to log in 4 times and got disconnected going from server select to character select all 4 times. Finally was able to get in on the 5th try and all other accounts get in fine after the initial account managed to get in.
  9. ChiiChii Augur

Unless y'all prevent us from having to reposition our UI every time, give us the option to save state the UI. I know this already exists, however it does not keep ALL the positioning; just anything centered is fkd. I've tried a saving and overriding the UI file (before camp, back up UI file) > char select > overwrite file with back up copy > Enter world > goose egg
    CatsPaws and Yinla like this.
  10. Jedipokey The Devs have become better at Apathy! (380)

As you mull these changes over and toss in your gripes, keep in mind that DBG has 1 programmer and they are working as fast as they can. There are no class leads, etc. Just 1 person, trying to keep up, cuz they can't afford more.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

Weird. I can go from windowed to full screen and back and I never see that. Everything just stays where it is. Is your windowed version squeezed really small to where stuff no longer fits on screen without moving? Or maybe resolution isnt set to the same as desktop resolution?
    Zunnoab likes this.
  12. Zunnoab Augur

This is why I keep bringing up DPI scaling. It's effectively a resolution change as well.
  13. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

KIZANT = GOD TIER
  14. Congressman New Member

Not a very important question, but just curious. Which bixie model is used for "Visage of the Bixie Worker"?
  15. Kinil71 New Member

When I select a character it takes a long time then I get a Character is already logged in error
  16. ChiiChii Augur

NameNVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Adapter TypeNVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, NVIDIA compatible
    Adapter DescriptionNVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Adapter RAM(1,048,576) bytes
    Resolution3840 x 2160 x 59 hertz
    Bits/Pixel32

EQ Client video mode: /viewport 500 0 3840 1366 1
    [IMG]
  17. ChiiChii Augur

I have quite the suspicion DPI scaling isn't possible with the current client and UI
  18. Kanan New Member

Umm.. as a beastlord, I gotta ask why they are the melee dps hybrid who isn't getting the new proc AA mod?
  19. kizant Augur

Because your DPS from twincasted sympathetic procs before the original nerf was very very very low.
  20. Zunar Augur

Is this an educated guess or an assumption?
    I know it can't have been by much, but then I doubt, say...necros were affected similarly much either.