exp rates compared to test

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nonii, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Nonii Deathnaw

I was a very big test player and the exp was very good. Levels were very quick. I moved across servers to fv and the exp is .1% a kill... People who dont have the patience for that would moved to Test where exp is supposely way faster. I managed to get to 115 but the exp is so slow on Test as well. Did they take away the double exp on test?
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Test still has an xp bonus as does FV, it is just that kill xp is a lot lower then it used to be.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Live XP is 1.0
    FV XP is 1.5
    Test XP is 2.0

Numerically inaccurate example of how things changed TOV onwards (aka not the real numbers but these illustrate what happened)

Let's say that kill XP for a Yellow con was 1.0% of a level at level 110

Let's say 111 to 115 the amount of xp required per level was 10 times larger.

So now a yellow con kill gets you 0.1% XP

Your XP per kill may have actually been larger 111-115 than at 110 but the percentage of a level for a kill decreased due to how much more xp per level was required.
    Beimeith, Hobitses, Sancus and 3 others like this.
  4. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It bears mentioning. Part of why XP has changed is two fold: 1) Overseer XP benefits and 2) Pay to win perks that increase XP in EQ. The mod to Test server XP may not seem as awesome as it once was.
    Prepared and Fian like this.
  5. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Doing hero/mercenary/partisan missions is the new developer approved way to level, the missions themselves have small rewards but the achievements for the first time completions are massive.
  6. Mesc Old Soul

7 Months without paying to play because of this bull**** experience crap. Way to lose $$$-Money-$$$ Daybreak! Also i will Definitely NOT be Preordering the next expansion. (1st time in 21 years if you care) and buying the current experience for my alt accounts? forget it!
    Bobokin likes this.
  7. Stymie Pendragon

That's been the method they've chosen to take over the last couple of expansions.

I'm not a fan of it, because it makes returning even more daunting as the pack moves further and further away from the point where it began. I see it as having a detrimental effect on the game, and I hope they reconsider.

I also realize that Overseer has the ability to bridge the gap, but that activity isn't playing EQ, in my opinion. I enjoy moloing mobs to progress when I have some free time, but when the gains are measured in a tenth of one percent per kill, I start questioning my hobby choices.
  8. The real Sandaormo Augur

Running through the progression and killing all the stuff associated with the missions and quests got you to 120 pretty easily if not very close. Once you do hit 120, AA exp is set normally and you can race through them.

No offense but 5% gain in exp for a perk is hardly pay to win lol
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Not to single you out personally, Stymie, but I STILL can't wrap my head around this point of view.

Overseer takes all of 5 minutes a day to do. It's practically instantaneous. Once you do that, then do whatever you want (in your case, molo mobs). You're doing what you want, and making ~8-10% of a level per day (once you get Overseer to level 5 missions, which doesn't really take that long). Just pretend what you're doing is making you 8-10% of a level a day, and be happy!

That's exactly where I am, with one difference. I'm working on old progression arcs, so I don't even get the .1% per kill. I get pretty much nothing from it, XP-wise. But I'm having fun, so who cares? And because of Overseer, I've been max level since late January/early February.
  10. DruidCT Augur

I think the point is people would rather play EQ and get measurable experience than get experience via overseer give-away. Personally I think overseer was/is the stupidest thing they have ever added to the game. (That said if overseer gave a boost like fellowship boost to experience that might be cool)
    Stymie likes this.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Different strokes, different folks.

I AM playing EQ, and getting measurable experience. If the mechanics under the hood are not what's expected, who cares? The end result is the same.

For me, Overseer is the best feature they've added to the game in a very long time.
    Yinla and Shanarias like this.
  12. Stymie Pendragon

I understand where you're coming from, and I can appreciate your point of view. However, I don't like their approach towards alleviating this problem. As it stands, the gap will likely widen,yet again, around Christmas time.

This is just an example of what I would like to see offered, as well as Overseer:

They could increase exp per kill after a pre-determined length of time post-expansion release. They could implement it like hot zones, or whatever way is easiest for them to automate. They could set the max per kill, to say 0.5%, and then traditional solo/molo would still take 200 kills per level versus 1,000 or so as it stands today. People would still be playing a large amount of content. These changes could also be server specific.

I'm not a fan of their side game. When I feel like playing EQ, Overseer just doesn't scratch the itch for me. Josh can explain why I'm not a fan of it far better than I can.

13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I hear you, but unfortunately, they've gone in the opposite direction. The XP penalty for not fighting in the "level-appropriate" zones. Since I'm working on old progression, I get even less XP than I ought to.

So, even if Overseer is bad design, I'll take it until they fix the actual problem :)
    Hobitses, Bobokin and Stymie like this.
  14. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

...a Fippy caricature knocks on your monitor, a text bubble flashes...

I see they have reduced your XP rate...would you like help with that? Click here to purchase an XP potion.
  15. Stymie Pendragon

If they were to port Overseer to mobile, like Wow's mission table, I could see myself engaging with it on a regular basis.

The Blizzard app is ok, for the most part. It's similar to what I would expect Overseer to be like. It's easy to use, and it allows for interaction with their core product from pretty much anywhere/anytime.

I see it as low hanging fruit, personally.
    Hobitses likes this.
  16. Bobokin Augur

Yeah, THAT is WACK!

It punishes casual players, returning players, and non-boxers.
    Tatanka likes this.
  17. CrazyLarth Augur

I know a few peeps who went to other zones to kill mobs and leveled to 120. it was not that hard for them. it just took them time.
  18. Raltar Augur

I mean, I get .105% killing mobs in GD at 113. That equals roughly 1000 mobs to ding. It's a lot...but honestly, I played a ranger back in Classic and Kunark with hell levels and hybrid experience penalty. So, it's not really that bad. But I have noticed it has gotten worse with every level up. This is on FV, so I don't really know what it would look like on a normal server. I, for one, am happy that Overseer exists. I like to collect things, so collecting agents is fun for me and the exp is just a bonus.