Massive Ban Hammer Mega Discussion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dartmon65, Jul 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stymie Pendragon

The same people will miraculously hit 85+ when a passing lane comes up, and then back down to 50-63, sans cruise control, after the lane ends.

Off with their heads! :)
    Nennius likes this.
  2. FranktheBank Augur

Its staggering how little you attempt to learn. If you are running M Q. You get suspended for cheating. You know you suspended for M Q. If you petition enough or the right people, they will tell you that you were suspended for third party program usage.
    Stay with me here, Waring. You now know you were suspended with M Q usage right? Unless you want to discuss suspending for GINA, which I advise against.

Then, you decide your accounts are not worth losing. So you uninstall M Q. 7-14d later (after your timeout is over) you log in again, no M Q, no cheating. Are you with me?
    MacDubh likes this.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

Every other month it seems like theres another big ban, yet people still act surprised.
    Benito likes this.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Same people who think "at-the-keyboard" automation is verifiable behavior.

They act dumb but know exactly what they are saying/doing.
  5. strongbus Augur

for me its not so much as they done another one. its is it going be another half-done one where they only ban/suspend a % of all the accounts or are they going do it right and hit ever account at once.

and to preface. I once used it got hit and stopped this was back last year. been just doing ok stuff sense then.

as well I am of the mind that dervs should just make their own verson of the software in the game and charge extra. how hard would it be. it could be as easy as making mercs of ever class and giving the command that would turn a box into a merc.

I don't like it when companies half do it. ether 1 make a in game version of the software and let people use it and suspend/bann anyone still using the 3rd party stuff. or 2. come out and hit ever account at once who is using it.
    MacDubh likes this.
  6. MacDubh TABLES!!!

Who do you think you are accusing me of begging... keyboard warriors.

I am arguing logic, I don't give a crap about leniency.
  7. Zinkeh Augur

Meanwhile, the same guy who for some reason I'm not allowed to name warp kills OW Phinny 2 or 3 times a day...day in and day out and still is around.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And unless you only used it a single time any future bans are still valid. You keep pushing the idea that people should be free to cheat as much as they want until they get punished and then they can say the stopped and not get any further punishment.
  9. Noobnoob Journeyman

I think the punishment should fit the crime. Take running a red light, no one gets harmed, then you get a ticket and lecture, and you're on your way. Someone dies in an accident an investigation takes place and if you're at fault, you go to jail for a long time. Same thing in game, you do something silly, 24 hour ban, you take six boxes and lock down one of the best camps in the game, you get permabanned. The punishment should reflect the impact of the crime.
    Nennius likes this.
  10. Magician9001 Augur

People who get banned in EQ aren't equivalent to being "perma-banned" from driving, it's not even equivalent to have your licenses suspended. If you're banned you can just create a new account it. It's equivalent to paying a fine.

You're missing the point. Just because someone was punished for one offense doesn't mean that should count as punishment for all the offenses they've committed. That's not how the real world works and that's not how EQ should work.

The reasons they should perma ban cheaters are
    1) RMT is a driving force behind a lot of cheating in the game.
    2) People don't fear getting caught because the punishment is a slap on the wrist, the reward simply outweighs the risk for first time offenders in EQ and this encourages people to cheat.

DBG shouldn't be concerned with rehabilitating cheaters they should be concerned with not losing paying customers that don't wanna share servers with cheaters.
    Sythrak20 likes this.
  11. Sythrak20 Elder

Ban everyone. If they jaywalk put them in chains. If they turn without a signal, throw them the book. If they try to sell hotdogs without a permit, hit them with the law.
    FranktheBank likes this.
  12. FranktheBank Augur

Two things; One is that with the way the script is set up, you can be hit twice. Two, yes because you are not incentivizing people to stop cheating. They are now incentivized to quit or, if they want to continue playing, cheat harder. Now we are full circle in our discussion. Great work.

This is not even close to true. This is a boogeyman you have built up in your mind and continue to spew everywhere. The amount of RMTers is very, very, very small, even when compared to the very small population of M Q users.
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Automation is analogous to counterfeiting currency.

Cheaters leave their automated characters (bots) to farm platinum and desirable loot. They convert (launder) their ill-gotten wealth into Krono, cosmetics (illusions, mounts), or chase loot.

They also monopolize camps such as rare Type 5 augment-dropping mobs on Live servers.

If rule-abiding players lose faith in the justness of the economy, they will simply stop purchasing Krono or narrow Krono exchange to clean goods (i.e. buying 1 Krono to trade directly for a heritage illusion).
  14. Sythrak20 Elder

I'm all for it, it'd save me 2k a year. Just hire magician as the new Woebot.
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

How many automators actually pay for anything in the game? It contradicts the wonderful advantage of accumulating automatically farmed platinum or chase loot to flip.

I seriously doubt that there are "innocent, I-don't-hurt-anyone" botters tucked away in a corner actively destroying their platinum and loot as to not affect their server's economy or give an advantage to themselves.
  16. Shillingworth Augur

Honestly I think more of a red team approach would help splinter cheaters far more than just suspending or banning accounts. Since the software in question hooks into EQ memory space, why not set up a trap to hook right back into it and disable all of the features that constitute cheating and enable unattended automation. It's really not that hard to find where they get the stuff from, it tends to pop up on perfectly normal EQ search results within a page or two. Been kinda annoying when alla or fanra doesn't have info on what your looking up.
  17. Sythrak20 Elder

Doesn't Darkpaw get the majority of their revenue from other games anyway? Just nuke it from orbit. That way we can be sure all the Pablo Escobars laundering krono are gone. Bane had the right idea for Gotham City.
  18. Arctodus Elder

EQ was the whale that supported the majority of Sony products. Other than some expansions I do not believe DBG/DPG created anything original. The question has came up multiple times on the forums, "What do you do in a group oriented game when there is no groups?"

I do not mind multiboxers until the Red/ M Q / Show users race pass you to race a kill on the area you worked to clear. Players know if your using these programs. You can tell just from movement. They should just ban the accounts. No more suspensions, it is obviously not enough to persuade them from continuing their ways
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And when you ignore all other cheating offenses as soon as you punish someone once you are incentivizing people to keep cheating up until the point they get "caught" and get a punishment. Why would you want to give people reason to cheat longer because you are giving them knowledge that one single punishment will wipe out all cheating offenses? You keep claiming that it will incentivize people to stop cheating when it can be seen as only doing so after they get punished instead not cheating in the first place.
  20. MacDubh TABLES!!!

You are painting a picture of someone who doesn't exist in order to reinforce your mindset. No one would ever destroy platinum and loot, however that doesn't mean that they cause an impact on the economy or harm to other players.

If you play the game doing progression, working on best in slot items, playing almost exclusively in instance zones and missions it will have almost no impact on the economy. New xpacs do not generate platinum other than items you can sell in the bazaar (tradeskill, collects, spell runes), and if you are playing for yourself and not afk farming for platinum generation you will never obtain enough of those items to make an impact to the game.

If some random player that you will never interact with having more type 5's than you, or evolved TBL chase items is hurting you in some way that is not a game problem, that is a you problem.

If you choose to believe that this type of player doesn't exist then no one can convince you otherwise as everything is speculation. Some people have opinions that cannot be swayed, if you choose to live life this way then that is your choice.

Obviously AFK farmers, Powerlevelers, RMT players exist, they always have. I have not personally seen afk farmers monopolizing camps, however I pretty much keep to myself. Based on the forum posts here it appears that the frequent suspension/ban waves do not impact these type of players as there is always call outs that they are still there after the wave happens.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.