Massive Ban Hammer Mega Discussion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dartmon65, Jul 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Intercept Elder

Sometimes you gotta ban some cheaters
    minimind likes this.
  2. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Question is, are their accounts on other servers banned too.
  3. Noobnoob Journeyman

So I was watching a guy six boxxing, all his characters suddenly stood up at the same time and ran off on auto-follow. I reported them and they're still playing. Saw them in SolB last night. Do I need to actually start recording my gameplay to get these guys banned?
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

?? Why are you calling for a ban for this guy? When my boxes are sitting and are on auto follow, if I start running off then they all get up and follow.

I think this is why so many of you think nothing is being done.....because what your reporting is not a cheat but a function allowed in the game like auto follow (when it works) or is just plain old skilled playing.
    code-zero and Captain Video like this.
  5. theonepercent Augur

No, they don't. You've just been cheating so long you've forgotten what features are in the game.
    Fenl and minimind like this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Should we be encouraging people to cheat until they get caught and then they "change" their behavior? Or does the fact that they are not forgiving cheaters for everything cause other players to reconsider cheating. Just because they caught you and punished you for an act of cheating doesn't mean that they would not punish you for other acts that they also caught you doing.

You example of speeding would only make sense if you are talking about two separate times such as getting pulled over for going 90 mph after you got caught and pulled over for going 100 mph.

They are not going to ban for every instance of cheating but that doesn't mean they are going to forgive everything action just because you got caught and punished for one.
  7. Triconix Augur

This isn't true. Auto follow doesn't work for sitting chars. You need to force them up. If you're already sitting you even get an error that you can't turn on AF.
    minimind likes this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

That was not even funny. I do not cheat, have never cheated.

Please do not shame other posters.
    Stymie and Loup Garou like this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Your right, I am wrong. They were sitting on mounts.
  10. MacDubh TABLES!!!

[IMG]
    Stymie likes this.
  11. Loup Garou De loop de loop

That was rude of him.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not sure what you are getting at here, but I keep seeing people make claims that a single punishment will encourage people to stop cheating while I say that a single punishment will encourage people to keep cheating until they get punished.
  13. FranktheBank Augur

We just went over this. Also, stop using "change" as if to discredit the idea that people stop cheating. There are a non-trivial amount of people that stop cheating when they are punished for it.
  14. Qimble Augur

Why would you tell people to appeal a suspension wave when your your company policy is to never, ever lift suspensions early even if they were handed out in error?

Dre. likes this.
  15. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Because some of the players chose to get transferred there. They are prob offering a transfer off for those players.

It is a ban and not a suspension. Most of the population were exiled to that server for proven cheating and banned
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And I will continue to disagree as why is there any incentive to stop cheating until you are punished if that one punishment wipes out every instance of cheating you have done in the past? Knowing that you can get punished for different acts of cheating and a single punishment won't cancel it out does help encourage people to stop before they get punished.
  17. Boogatti Lorekeeper

I was suspended on an account I haven't logged into for 4 years. Lol.
    FranktheBank and Stymie like this.
  18. Stymie Pendragon

The last 2 posts make me smirk a little.
  19. Magician9001 Augur

They should perma ban any account that is caught cheating. Suspensions should be for things like training.

If you were caught running a red light by a cop then punished, but you also caught on a traffic light camera before you were punished, but you didn't get a ticket in the mail until after you got punished for the time you got caught by a cop but you had "stopped running red lights" you would still be punished.

You're begging for leniency when DBG is already far to lenient with cheaters. Its one of the main reason people cheat in this game, they get a slap on the wrist when they get caught.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

I dislike cheaters as much as anyone, but to borrow from your analogy the person who ran the red light would, as you suggest, have to be perma-banned from driving. That isn't what happens in the real world and I don't think it would be best in this make believe world of EQ. People do make mistakes and some do learn from them. Having said that, repeat cheaters should be fried in hot oil as should those who continually "forget" to stop at red lights and signals. Or drive too slow in my lane.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.