Massive Ban Hammer Mega Discussion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dartmon65, Jul 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark Augur

So if you break the law depending on what crime you are convicted of you get a certon punishment,can we please get the big afk botters ip banned and everyone should initiate a new account with a credit card payment.
  2. FranktheBank Augur

I know exactly what people were suspended for. It's really amazing you stay as uninformed as possible, while also commenting on anything under the sun.

There were suspensions waves before every single raid tier release. Mainly targeting users who had used Macaroni AND a couple other criteria.

You might think its fine to suspend someone in March for cheating on December 5th, then suspend them again for cheating on December 8th. But that doesnt make sense.
  3. jeskola pheerie

Lulz
  4. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

I didn't subscribe to Everquest for a year to play with cheaters for a year. Daybreak should only be handing out one type of punishment for cheaters: perma bans. You know exactly what you downloaded and used; therefore, you accepted the future ban at the time of the download.

If you want to play Everquest again, you can make a new account.

Dear banned cheaters: Wizards, bards, SK's, and Necromancers can teleport short distances, and rangers, druids, and bards have tracking. You don't have to cheat anymore now.

Frank, stop sticking up for cheaters.
    Magician9001 and Stymie like this.
  5. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Makes perfect sense. The cheaters know they aren't likely to be permabanned, so they're testing the waters. Stick a toe in and see how cold it is, jump in and see if the lifeguard yells, if it's looking good next thing you know we're all swimming in a pool with a "snickers bar" floating around. Randomizing response a bit keeps them from knowing exactly what was detected and teaches them that the response may be disproportionate and may or may not come when they most want to play (expansion/raid launch day is a fun choice for suspensions imo). They have no right or expectation of clear communication, timely response, or proportionate response. It's hypocritical of them (and you) to even ask for exact measured responses and clear communications, given they aren't emailing DPG with a list of their installed cheatware and days they plan to be afk botting. They're liars and cheats, and asymmetrical response is the most reasonable kind if you have to keep dealing with them. Simple game theory, they're playing to beat DPG by figuring out exactly what they can get away with and DPG is attempting to correct them by making botting uncontrollably inconvenient.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Correct but they never say what cheating was or when it happened, people just assume it was for something recent. As we can see there are plenty of delayed punishments which makes it likely people are just getting punished for other events that they did before they "stop cheating"
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

IP bans are meaningless as it isn't hard for anyone to get a new IP address and you can end up banning innocent people who get that IP address at a later date.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Really you know what people got suspended for when all they say is suspended for cheating? You are able to determine exactly which actions got the ban and when those actions occurred?
  9. Elemtal Lorekeeper

This wave suspended anyone in the past flagged for cheating who created characters on TLP. Thanks Daybreak, Darkpaw, or what ever holding company you call yourselves now.
    Banhammer likes this.
  10. code-zero Augur

I have had one person privately complain to me that the only thing he has ever used is "monk tracking" but everyone knows that's okay...

If it was actually okay then why wouldn't he use the name of the program in a private conversation?

(name withheld to protect the guilty)
    Start likes this.
  11. FranktheBank Augur

First off, please use the enter key for line breaks to make your wall legible.

Second, literally nothing you posted has anything to do with what I said. Daybreak very rarely permabans, because they have a certain tolerance for cheating, especially first time cheaters. So if you arent banning, then you want them to continue playing but without cheating. Suspending them when they stop cheating (the desired effect) accomplishes the opposite.

Not that its a topic for discussion, but I actually don't care about most cheating features. I dont use macaroni (and havent for 95% of my eq life). I personally think more macaroni features should be base game, and if you have ever used bandolier, you do too. But thats a separate discussion.

You have a really hard line against cheaters, no matter the severity, which is your opinion to have but not a realistic one for most mmos. It turns out, if you make it annoying to do, most people just dont cheat.
    Skrab likes this.
  12. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Okay I'm legit asking you in good faith here. What do you consider an "occurance"? Each day of cheating? Each second? Each cheat command? I ask because it may seem that you're being unreasonable and obtuse, but maybe there's something going on in your mind that makes sense on some level that isn't being communicated well?
    Stymie and FranktheBank like this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Does it matter what I consider occurrences of cheating? At the very least I would say each play session would count. If they just wrote off all past cheating based on a single punishment there is no incentive to stop cheating until you get caught. However if players know that a single punishment won't let them off the hook they are more likely to quit cheating sooner or never cheat in the first place.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Big difference between I S B and M Q. The former already-permitted software facilitates boxing. (Should I S B be a base game feature? Sure). The latter enables warping, monk tracking, and full blown automation.
  15. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

100% integrating some features from the Pasta Program would make EQ more accessible and player friendly.

Some thing should allow automation, foraging, fishing, better spell macros. This game mostly comes down to pressing your single button multi-bind repeatedly like some sort of monkey getting a reward as the screen flashes.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

This is the definition of any video game. LOL.
    Start likes this.
  17. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Nah, most games require some sort of thought and planning. EQ is basically attack a mob that does little more than come out of a T-pose. It's like battling in Pokemon Go, but easier.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The world's most popular games: Fortnite, Halo, Call of Duty are point-and-click like a monkey shooters.
  19. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

No, you have to actually use movement in those games. Plus, you have to actually target things. EQ your caster looks at the floor or the wall and just smashes a multibind.
    Stymie likes this.
  20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

This is like saying aimbot and warping would facilitate FPS gameplay so the player can focus on movement or building (Fortnite build mode). LOL.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.