Massive Ban Hammer Mega Discussion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dartmon65, Jul 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dartmon65 New Member

We need a spot to collectively discuss the ban hammer that went out today for 7 day and 14 day suspensions.

From what I have heard, some are justified, others aren't. Was this an automation that went rogue?

Whats interesting is that a lot of warpers/afk scripters are still in game and not suspended.

Let's use this as a place to discuss ideas, share our thoughts and compare the fairness of it.
    <3

[Yelinak TLP]
  2. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Nice try, rhyptar. I'm still here.
    Duder likes this.
  3. Gheed Is not reading your response

Down with the botters!
    Duder likes this.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

We have a new moderator so these kinds of discussions may no longer be permitted. (They used to be deleted outright).

Report any suspected cheaters with the information below:

How do I report cheaters/botters in EverQuest?

To report a player you believe to be cheating/botting, please submit a support ticket and include:
    • The character name of the player
    • The name of the server and the zone
    • The date/time of the incident
    • A link to a video of the specific incidents where possible, but please do not send video attachments
    Our goal at Daybreak Games is to create a fair and balanced experience for all of our players. In the interest of keeping the game fun for all, we take cheating very seriously.

Consequences for violating of our Rules of Conduct may include but are not limited to:
    • Account warning, account suspension, or permanent banishment from the game
    • Termination of all accounts accessed by the same user

The more quickly you submit a support ticket, the higher chance we have of catching the offenders in action in-game.

With the continued efforts of the player base reporting such violators, the better chance we have of catching them and employing disciplinary action where needed.

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...ow-do-I-report-cheaters-botters-in-EverQuest-
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I saw a GM check on a player within 5 minutes of my petition of a suspected botter on Vaniki.
  6. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

As some might have noticed, there was a suspension today for the usage of third party software. For more information on this, please read the TOS for cheating software: https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service#section9 or this forum thread: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/what-constitutes-as-cheating.281242/ If you feel you have been unjustly blocked, please send a ticket into Customer Support following this information: https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217579038-How-do-I-fill-out-a-ban-appeal-

Thank you.
  7. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I appreciate the way you do your job.
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I do also.

I do wonder at the decision to do this on a Friday before a three day weekend. Anyone who was "unjustly blocked" now has to wait until Tuesday at the earliest for Daybreak to start on their ticket.
    Hobitses and Paladin like this.
  9. Gheed Is not reading your response

I doubt they care. I mean.. they still make you create a new account to appeal any sort of infraction on your real account. Pretty funny.
  10. Pikollo Augur

They don't care. I've been wrongfully suspended and proved my case via email to them and they didn't lift it.

My advice. If you are logged in and you got the email of suspension. Just don't log out. They don't kick people off the game that have been suspended.
    Banhammer likes this.
  11. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

I’m just here to read the comments from all those super innocent high quality community members that got banned. Fight the good fight, comrades!
    Rile, -----Cinexa-----, Skuz and 3 others like this.
  12. Gheed Is not reading your response

You're aware that suspended accounts can't post here, right?
  13. strongbus Augur

want to bet in a few of the last waves member of my guild where hit and where kick form game the instance they where suspended.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Huh, they do all the time. Forum is not the game. Usually they plead their case that it was not a valid ban.

Or maybe they just make a lot of "new" forum accounts and post
  15. Gheed Is not reading your response

[IMG]

At least they're cleaning up the botters!
    RABKkehhalla likes this.
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Its funny whenever these ban "waves" go out and the people come complain about it and call it "massive" and such, yet none of mine ever get banned, and at most I've known of 1 person that was hit. Maybe if you lie down with dogs you get fleas if you think this is happening "massively".
  17. Dartmon65 New Member

It's allowed to discuss these items. Any system/game that prohibits its player base from discussing the rules that govern it is a very unjust system. We should be discussing how they operate since they effect us.
  18. Dartmon65 New Member

I know dozens of players across guilds in yelinak that gave been booted for no reason
    Banhammer likes this.
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

New TLP server, tons of people suspended for using third party software.

SHOCKED!
    Skuz and Herf like this.
  20. Protocol Dragon Defender

I just assume people suspended for “no reason” are lying 99% of the time. You could be suspended today on Yelinak for something you did in January on a totally different server.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.