Praise for GM Staff

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by zleski, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

This is a good point.

I've always debated whether to send a tell, however; because it alerts them and the possible cheater proceeds to stay on their computer or log before a GM arrives.

The script (and sit-stand motion) tend to be giveaways for automation.
  2. Windance Augur

[IMG]

I did not send tells but it was fairly obvious it was 100% auto. At no time while I was recording did the team stop pulling.

I expect the GM's did a couple spot checks during prime time. I went to PL in sathir tomb a few months later and while they were still there they at least had AFK at their spot, and were not actively pulling.
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Who records someone for >70 hours and uses almost a terabyte of storage ("10-80 GB per video")? The effort to illustrate your recording sessions is also suspect.

This story doesn't pass the smell test. Sorry.

If you want to convince a GM of your claim, don't exaggerate.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. Windance Augur

1st - I'd reported the guy a couple times before this point, GM's had done nothing, so I decided this time I'd give them overwhelmingly obvious proof.

2nd - I didn't exaggerate anything in the claim.

3rd - With regard to the effort ... Part of it was just to see if I could do it. 300 MB of disk storage isn't that much, and it was an interesting technical challenge to figure out how to how to setup OBS , get the footage, break it down and make a good looking video use shotcut, etc.

Would I do it again, probably not.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

If this were true (70 hours of video), you could be subject to a counter-petition for harassment. I doubt any player (and Darkpaw) would allow someone else to stand over them on record for 70+ hours.

Claiming to have 70 hours of video makes your claim border on the surreal. To the GM, it may sound outlandish and that you may be targeting someone for another issue (e.g. revenge for losing a DPS race).

You would be better served recording 5-15 minutes of video and dissecting the act. Create a thorough petition (character names, zone, time, server) and describe the tell-tale signs in screenshots or videos.

If a GM's response is unsatisfactory, contact the Community Manager. They might intervene and instead of a suspension, the individual in question will get a perma-ban because of the purported severity.
  6. Windance Augur

The first time I reported him I gave them all the information you said:

List of character names, server, zone, why I thought they were afk, etc.

The 2nd time I added more detail with screen shots and a short video.

The 3rd time I left a rogue in the corner of the room and recorded him over night.

The 4th time I left a rogue in the corner of the room and recorded him on/off for a week, created a nice the time lapsed video, with title and details baked into the video.

The person(s) running the PL operation appear to spam multiple servers with the same messages and have ( appeared ) to avoid all the suspensions so it does raise questions.

He or She is still actively offering PL services.

I did not think of reaching out to the Community Manager directly.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Everyone knows this: the results of the investigation is internal information. The individual in question may have been disciplined on some - not all - characters. Discipline may have been temporary: 1-2 week suspension.

Contact the community manager. Note: PLing alone is not against established rules. If this individual is a serial offender (automator), perhaps they can collate the investigation (look at the connections) and impose more severe punishment (perma-ban).
  8. Slasher Augur

Offering PL services is not against the rules if you're paid with in game items such as plat or kronos.
  9. Windance Augur

I agree.

The issue with this particular person(s) is they are PL'ing using automation and were running 24/7 for weeks at a time. Flooding the server with plat and then selling the resulting krono for cash using mostly free to play characters to do it.
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. Schadenfreude Augur

Offering PL services where you use automated software and then sell the resulting Kronos on black market sites is very much against multiple rules.
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Slasher Augur

I was just addressing that the issue is not someone offering the service in chat. But using 3rd party software to monopolize an area is against the rules no matter what software they're using.
  12. Dabiggestbois New Member

I don't think PLing floods servers with plat? It's like maybe 5k plat an hour killing mobs, generates probably a Krono or two a month.
  13. Laronk Augur

I personally over pay for krono just so I don’t have to advertise and then haggle for them. I wouldn’t have to do this if they’d just allow higher sales in the bazaar.
  14. Schadenfreude Augur

Plus the fifteen or so Blood-Soaked items our resident RMT scripter had for sale recently. I haven't done a huge amount of ToL but they are rare enough I've yet to see one yet and we're in July.
  15. xxlastwheelxx New Member

With collections selling for up to 500k each and tradeskilled items selling just as well its not hard to generate huge amounts of pp. some people dedicate their play time to doing just that. i personally have started using my amassed EQ fortune to purchase and stockpile krono for two reasons - to give to friends and family when next expansion comes out so we can play together and as currency on purchasing chase items from those lucky ones that get them to drop and would rather sell them. i am also offering above regular market value on the kronos i buy because i'd like to buy more of them more easily instead of hassling with people over prices. I certainly dont mind making someone happy who gets more pp to play around with either. From what you said about the person so far, i wouldnt see any indication that he was a cheater myself, only that your jealous of his accumilate wealth and since you cant or dont want to accumilate that much yourself he HAS to be cheating :( i love that this game has so many different facets that a person can get wrapped up in and i've spent my fair share in many of them. I've gotten really good at identifying what items to make, camp or resell to make good pp, i feel that i've become extremely skilled in using the mechanics for decorating housing areas, tradeskills are a huge time sink and i'm supre familar with what i'm doing there too as well as the intense knowledge i have on my toon that is maxed out in exp and aa. I wish people would just let other people play and enjoy their own time playing.
  16. Notanewperson New Member

I can appreciate your optimism but you dont understand the breadth of the problem this individual is causing. He's literally on 3 servers overpaying for krono, and not just a "wtb a krono" here and there. Come to Emarr and youll see its everyday all day spamming WTB kronos paying xyz amount for 1, 34m for 10. I'm not jealous, i'm pissed that krono prices have been artificially screwed up by a cheater. Up over 1 million in two weeks. There is indeed many ways to make platinum. I have 3 traders selling an assortment of items amassed through my efforts and it pales in comparison to the platinum this person is generating. So unless you truly understand the problem calling me jealous is way off base.
    code-zero, Raccoo and Elyssanda like this.
  17. Elyssanda Bardbrain

he is on more than 3 I am willing to bet.. I know he is on Cazic as well, and someone said they have seen him on Xegony as well.
  18. Thunderkiks Augur

Povar as well.
  19. Marton Augur

Nonsense.

Nobody is going to earn the amount of plat necessary to buy hundreds of kronos on several servers by playing normally. Unless that person has several afk crews farming 24/7 ....
    Elyssanda likes this.