Cannot Reproduce Shei Vinitras Raid & Mission Geometry bug

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Krool, Feb 22, 2022.

1. Velisaris_MS Augur

Ah, ok...I didn't realize camping out would put you in a different location when you load back in. Yeah, that definitely seems like a geometry thing.
  2. Krool Lorekeeper

Ratalthor requested locations for additional testing purposes, however unfortunately I didn't check my /loc at any time while experiencing the issue previously. Since my original post I haven't had the issue reoccur, but if it happens again I will grab the /loc and note it.
  3. Windance Augur

Ran this raid last night and had a bunch of :

You can't hit them from here.
    You can't see your target.

I'm inside the target ring so there should be no issue.

I'd be able to hit for 5-6s then unable to see for 2-3s

Tried from many different angles and just couldn't find a spot to hit from.

The bug has been reported a couple times, didn't see thread in the top 3 pages so reposting.
  4. Krool Lorekeeper

Fenthen likes this.
  5. Angahran Augur

Had same issue on Aten Ha Ra raid. Standing right next to mob and 'you cannot see your target'

Seems to be if the mob is not standing on perfectly flat, level ground you can get this.
    If there is so much as a single pixel between you and your target, you're out of luck..

Maybe move the 'sight line' between PC and NPC from being the bottom of the NPCs feet to somewhere higher up so terrain does not get in the way ?
  6. Windance Augur

I didn't think to do a location.

I expect it has more to do with where the boss is rather than me.

Maybe something out of sync between the client and the server data.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think the server has a /loc error. At certain times it thinks you are at a different location. Try doing loc at the time when you cant hit him.
  8. klanderso Developer

If you do /bug, it'll copy a bunch of information to your clipboard that you can paste here that'll help.
    Thunderkiks, Svann2 and Fanra like this.
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

10. Ratalthor Developer

We have not been able to reproduce this issue. If you are still affected by this issue, please reply to the thread with additional reproduction steps.