suspended while actively playing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by withStupid, Jun 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marton Augur

Somebody wanted your camp OP. They petitioned and GM showed up.

I agree, /say is not the best method for this.

Also, when a camp is taken, people shouldn't be whining Karens and they should move onto something else.
  2. Raccoo Augur

Imagine being level 120 and having /say filtered into your spam window.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Afaik, it is to cover a loop-hole in the rules where a pet or an aggressive merc kills for you 24/7, it is not botting, but technically still "AFK-killing", which is still against the rules.

I don't think it applies, unless you have a box-setup that can engage mobs automatically. As a moloing wizard with a healer merc, I never had to worry about that rule either. I just care about not being jumped by mobs, when im AFK...
    code-zero and Stymie like this.
  4. Qimble Augur

The other people on /who are a 6 box bot group. My best guess is that he got lumped in with them due to proximity and got treated to an AFK check. So I guess if you don't pay attention to /say, also make sure botters don't even come near you or you may get suspended? Seems like a dumb policy designed to feel like enforcement rather than actually detecting cheaters.

How many of you people even use /say? I can't remember it being used for anything except jokes (With a big part of the joke being that the person you're making fun of won't notice it because it's in /say) since I've returned. And even when I quit (during OoW) it's wasn't very commonly used. ooc and shout were, but not say. Policy seems designed to generate a positive whenever you want while providing cover for the fact that it's not actually specific enough to target only cheaters.

The most telling fact is that if a GM responds to your petition in game, they do so using a tell rather than /say. And they've been doing it that way since at least the Luclin or PoP era.
    Fenthen and Winnowyl like this.
  5. Elskidor Augur

They probably don't know how to send a tell.
    Fenthen and Gheed like this.
  6. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I'm level 120. I have /say and /emote in a tab of my main window that only gets opened if I need to click something in it to progress a quest.

50 people trying to zone in on raid or a couple dozen doing missions.
    Hail spam.
    Stupid jokes.
    Forcefeeding spam.

No. Just no. I don't need that.

So a check in either of those channels is kinda silly. I'd be willing to be a LOT of people have those filtered where they'll never see them, because those channels are the most likely to be spammed - randomly or intentionally.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

So proximity = presumed guilty? That's far-fetched, Qimble.

Suspensions and bans can happen in error, sure. But I'd be willing to wager if we could see the full story here behind the scenes, we'd find evidence or reasonable suspicion of unattended gameplay.

Unfortunately we never will. Twas ever thus.
  8. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

The GMs aren’t doing rounds like some sort of Mall Cop. They’re only there based off player reports, which leads it to become a tool for harassment. It doesn’t take many simultaneous reports to get a GM.
  9. lungbubble New Member

They're doing it because someone sees you playing and they think you're afk and they're angry because you're killing the mobs they want.
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. lungbubble New Member

They don't have the authority to keep charging me or to hold my charges hostage for any reason. I get what he was saying about the charges on the account management. I don't know how to answer. All I know is it doesn't show me when I go to billing info but I'm still being charged.

I only just found out like a few days ago that they've been charging me for the last couple of months, I didn't realize it previously. That's why I started posting in the forums.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Are you able to log into your Everquest account management? Yes or no.

You can get to it by going to main EQ website (not the game) and in upper right it says log in and when you click that there is a drop down that you can select account management

Not your bank account or your credit card account but the Everquest Account.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yes, in exactly the same way that you probably don't know how to type.:rolleyes:
    Nennius and code-zero like this.
  13. Raccoo Augur

That is not being filtered in with battle spam.
    I have emotes in a tab of its own since it includes achievements & force feeding (like you said). Say is in with channels/gu/shout/ooc/auction. Group/fs/rs/tells in another window.
  14. cadres Augur

Well I've been around almost 20 years and didn't know this was how GMs did AFK checks.
    /say goes in my spam window - or did, I'll be changing that now
    I've never seen a /say I wanted/needed to respond to, hence filtering them off

So absolutely: A tell would be much better.
    Yes some afk players have programmed replies to tells, but that's easily got round in a few questions - (they also don't stop playing while they respond IME)

Most players never even look at the forums, never mind visit regularly; many don't belong to guilds where that sort of info is discussed. I'd bet some serious cash I wasn't alone in not knowing to watch out for a /say
    Fenthen likes this.
  15. lungbubble New Member

It looks like I can. But it shows no credit card or charge info even though I'm being charged. I have no other accounts that I have charged to this credit card except this one when I created it, less than 24hrs before I was suspended.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Just how many simultaneous reports does it take? Asking for a friend.
  17. LadyQuake Lorekeeper

Just wondering can u go afk in a GH ok? Sometimes when not started something or after you go in there to afk while you go off do something in RL save logging off and back in. Is there a time limit? Or safe in there for long time.
  18. Jumbur Improved Familiar

You can safely go AFK anywhere, as long as your pets/mercs are not killing anything(passively killing with DS is also forbidden).
    Being AFK is not the problem, but AFK-killing is...If you are camping something, you might be expected to answer a camp-check on some servers. Some servers still respect the old Play-Nice-Policy-rules. :cool:

So obviously non-combat areas are safe for AFK too. Be aware that excessive skill/spell/song spam, might be seen as harassment in crowded areas.

Busy servers with long queues(fresh TLP's mostly) might kick you off for being AFK. But that is not meant as a punishment, that is just their way for handling server-load.
  19. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

like people have to do in WoW or ESO right?

Server logs do not lie.

USE THE LOGS botting is bloody obvious if you read logs.
    Gheed and Jumbur like this.
  20. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Im not sure what is shown on serverside logs. But if a character is doing something that requires constant userinput for long stretches of time(like 24 hours without any breaks longer than 30 seconds), then I think that should flag you as "suspicious" and warrant a GM-check.

"Poop-socking" is not an actual thing, real players have biological needs.

Edit: Poop-socking IS a thing, you sometimes hear about gamer-addicts dying to it. But in that case, the GM could save a life by stepping in.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.