Juneteenth

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Triconix, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Thenextgoldknyght New Member

Well this shouldnt even be a national holiday. Its a Texan Holiday, that till couple years ago, not many people even knew about it.
    As to this being a international company, yes they are now owned by international people, but this game did start from an American Company, hence we are all used to American Holidays for xp bonuses.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What level the holiday should be is a different issue but regardless EQ has had an international audience since it was launched and does not need to celebrate every American holiday. Also it should be pointed out that EQ was owned by an international corporation when it was created.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Juneteenth. Sir Pikachu. EQ Forums.

Every post on here should come with link to where one can obtain a grain of salt.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You have threads that are started by people who are genuinely upset that we don't have a holiday announcement or that it hasn't started when they think it should and you have those that post it sarcastically. It can be hard to determine which way the poster is going and there tend to be more that are not sarcastic then are.
  5. Thenextgoldknyght New Member

Eh yeah guess sony did own verant or was a jus a publisher before buying it. idk, but guess we should be having japanese holidays instead. lol
  6. Thenextgoldknyght New Member

Cuz double or 50% xp is awesome. n they dont want to wait till july 4th haha.
    but i say include every major holiday for every nation EQ has a good population of players in. Would help Americans learn other nations holidays, and celebrate them aswell with good ole xp
  7. Arclyte Augur

8. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Im not sure this would go over well. If there’s one thing that Americans aren’t very fond of it’s learning stuff. Especially when that stuff pertains to other cultures.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Why not?

I mean I couldn't give a rat's a$$ about the holidays but I love the bonuses
    Brontus likes this.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I agree with you there, if they do an event and we get a bonus great, if they don't well just wait for the next one.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Brontus EQ Player Activist

How about we get special FREE familiars and pets for all of these holidays too?

We could have turkeys for Thanksgiving, little Santa's helpers elves for Christmas, a little gnome dude with a white wig for Washington's birthdays and more. The sky is the limit! ;)
  12. Kawflin New Member

Not every holiday needs to be recognized by a company or anyone for that fact. Celebrate what you want to celebrate and if others do not celebrate, who cares? You do you, stop trying to change everyone else. Most people are ignorant and celebrating some holiday won't cause them to read up on it, they'll just be happy with free stuff and live in their EQ world of fantasy.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Personally I would love to see some random wandering mob for these events you can kill & it repops some other zone right away when you do.

Open world thing group level mob.

Like Thanksgiving could be a pissed off megaturkey or something
  14. Protocol Dragon Defender

The level of stupid in this thread is off the charts.

Bravo Sir Triconix, you got them.
  15. Gearrwin Lorekeeper

Cinco de Mayo and St. Patrick's Day would like a word. If we can learn about another culture and make it another excuse to drink we have and we will.
    Stymie likes this.
  16. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Fixed!
  17. Brontus EQ Player Activist

It's natural for people to take what other people say at face value and reply accordingly. People here should make an effort to post in good faith. Calling them stupid for taking him seriously is dismissive and contemptible.
  18. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Wow they removed my post about the Halo controversy?
  19. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Do you mean fathers day pickachu? Not sure what you are referencing. Do you want a fathers day exp bonus - that might be your first good idea in months!
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

Brontus likes this.