Juneteenth

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Triconix, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Triconix Augur

Today is Thursday. Just a day prior to the beginning of a Federally recognized holiday. I'm honestly shocked there haven't been any posts questioning if DPG will be providing any weekend bonuses. It's actually going to be one of the only times these concerns/questions/post/comments are legitimate because there's zero history or precedence to look back on and make an educated guess. This is the first year possible that DPG can provide a bonus for this holiday.

After all the amusing posts of outcry and vitriol when DPG failed to post anything definitive about Memorial Day bonuses until the Friday of the holiday, it's bewildering that this isn't even a blip on a radar for people. Kind of peculiar if you ask me.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

While I understand that this is an important holiday to a large portion of the US population do we really need to have an event for every US holiday in an international game?
  3. Triconix Augur

I think the intent of this post went over your head.

Hint: It's not about wanting a bonus at all.
    aFTeRLiFe likes this.
  4. Windance Augur

It went over my head as well. What are you asking/commenting on ?
    minimind and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Thursday is not a day prior. Juneteenth is celebrated on Sunday, June 19, 2022.

Sunday is also Father's day and we ALL had one of those.
  6. Triconix Augur

Friday is the beginning of a federal holiday weekend. I'm not sure how that's in question.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

No it is not, the only federal holiday in June is Juneteenth with is on Sunday the 19th and recognized on Monday the 20th. Fathers day (as is Mothers day) is not a federal holiday.

Here is a list of the federal holidays for 2022.

Friday, December 31 * New Year's Day
    Monday, January 17 Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
    Monday, February 21 ** Washington’s Birthday
    Monday, May 30 Memorial Day
    Monday, June 20 * Juneteenth National Independence Day
    Monday, July 04 Independence Day
    Monday, September 05 Labor Day
    Monday, October 10 Columbus Day
    Friday, November 11 Veterans Day
    Thursday, November 24 Thanksgiving Day
    Monday, December 26 * Christmas Day
    minimind and CatsPaws like this.
  8. verbatim Elder

Yeah 100% agree, kind of shocking if they don't do a bonus.
  9. Brildon Augur

I'm not against it, but I dont think we get bonus' for every federal holiday? I dont think there is anything for MLK, Washington, or Columbus either.

As for memorial day, the reason there was posts and questions about it, is because we have had bonus' for that weekend annually, so there was the expectation for it
    Sarglahob and minimind like this.
  10. Triconix Augur

1. Seriously? lmao. You don't call the weekend of Memorial day...Memorial Day weekend? How about Labor Day weekend? MLK day weekend? While it's not "officially" the accepted date, it's always publicly and generally observed as X holiday weekend. This isn't some ground-breaking revelation. It's pretty standard. Is Juneteenth this coming Monday? Yes. Is Friday considered the beginning of the weekend? Yes Therefore, my statement of Friday marking the beginning of the holiday weekend and of Thursday being the day prior to the holiday weekend remains intact. Any more concerns?

2. Never did I once say Mother's Day or Father's day are federal holidays. Why are you telling me this? I already knew that.
  11. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

My workplace only recognizes New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day as holidays. I can understand why they would not change this unless it is made an issue since it is an issue to change it.

In an international game...I would think they would want to do something for any and every holiday they could as it fosters a community atmosphere. It doesn't always have to be the same thing, it doesn't have to be big. Games are supposed to be fun and holidays are typically celebratory events. If they want to avoid the political stuff around some of them just make up a coincidental fantasy holiday.

Regardless, people will complain no matter what they do.
  12. Muramx Augur

This post is a rabbit hole don't get sucked into it people...
    Sinikad, minimind and Triconix like this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I still think you are complaining about nothing, why does daybreak have to have a celebration for every single American holiday and why does it matter if you are not given enough notice if they do have it?
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No, no no - we need to make the Federal Government declare Everquest's Anniversary on March 16 the holiday!!!!

If they gave out a holiday bonus for every country then every day would be a holiday...hmmm...hummm...hmmm. (singing)
  15. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

You said rabbit! EQ has Stomples Day...tangent to Easter...not a Federal Holiday. *motions with index finger come here gesture from inside a hole*
  16. Triconix Augur

I still think you're not getting the point of the post.

The entire post wasn't to complain about no bonus. It was poking fun at the people who constantly complain about if DPG is going to have a bonus or not, especially those bonuses which have been done annually for many years. This is actually the first time ever their concerns would be legitimate because it's a brand new Federal Holiday. It's amazing they aren't up in arms about it.

My lord man, try to keep up. Didn't you notice my entire OP was talking about the PEOPLE and not the holiday/bonus? The post was SATIRE. Some people just aren't cognitive enough.
  17. Thenextgoldknyght New Member

You are incorrect, it is not an important holiday to a large portion of the US. It is only a holiday to Black TEXANS. Thats it, and social media let the country hi-jack it for social status points. If ya aint Texan, Stay off our holiday.
    Muramx likes this.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

*hands out cups of kool aid to those going down the hole*
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I said it was an important holiday to a large portion of the US but that doesn't mean a company with an international audience should be celebrating every American holiday.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Poking fun at people who keep asking about a bonus being given or not? That is not how I read the post and it seems others agreed with me. What I read says that you are asking why we don't have a post about what bonus we are getting this weekend. Need to remember that sarcasm can be very hard to properly express in the written form.
    Stymie likes this.