re-roll Yelinak

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by wade_watts, May 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Risiko Augur

It has much more to do with discussing what works and doesn't work on new TLPs to help DBG/DPG make informed decisions on next year's TLP season.

In the end, we all just want what's best for the long term health of the game for it's customers.
    wade_watts likes this.
  2. Midnitewolf Augur

I don't get it either. EQ is a game that is in its terminal phase and has been on life support for years. Nothing, no ruleset is going to bring it back to its glory days or even a good, healthy state. The only reason it is still around is because it honestly is, despite its many flaws, the best fantasy MMO that ever came out and there isn't anything for us to go to that offers the same depth and complexity.

I honestly think that if Pantheon came out today and delivered on its promises, EQ would be shutting down inside of 3 months. The only thing I can think of that might be a real hope for EQ as it stands would be a total graphics overhaul. Start with Classic then take however long it took be it 6 months or a year, then release an overhauled Kunark. Wash, rinse and repeat though all the expansions. I know for a fact updating the graphics would bring a ton of people back. I have several friends who have told me the only reason they haven't come back is that they can't stand looking at 20 year old graphics and most younger player who have not played EQ, would even think of playing on 20 year old graphics.
  3. Risiko Augur

I completely disagree.

There is more to EverQuest than just a MMORPG. There have been hundreds of MMORPGs created since the release of EverQuest. Among those new MOMRPGs, there have been some (albeit not many) that were similar to the old school design used in original EQ.

The reason that I keep coming back to EverQuest is because I truly love the design of EverQuest circa 99-2000. I love the original character models with their quirky animations and blocky design. I love the world created in EverQuest. And, I think the classes and game mechanics of original EverQuest is the best in the industry hands down.

The only reason I am not playing on Yelinak is because I have done the TLP treadmill many, many years now, and I needed a break from it. If they were to create NEW EverQuest content in the vein of Original EverQuest, and use that as a new TLP experience from level 1, I would be there in a heartbeat!!! Not even joking. I would pay $100 box fee for a new TLP experience. Modern EverQuest is next to nothing like EverQuest 99-2000. It's a very foreign game to me. Too many stats, too many abilities, too many everything.

TL;DR ... I have watched Pantheon over the years, and none of the videos appeal to me. Even with the old school game mechanics and design, the character models and animations turn me off immediately. Pantheon will not replace EverQuest for me.
  4. FranktheBank Augur

This just proves you are absolutely no understanding of anything. EQ is a bad game and people keep playing it for nostalgia. Pantheon releasing (lol) doesnt change nostalgia. Especially TLP rerollers, the people here want to play the familiar. There is a huge amount of the population that wants to regrind in Unrest, Guk, Seb, Chardok, and Velks every single year.
  5. Panikker Elder

Yelniak is not a failure ..but it does seem different this time. Cant point what it is. ( People aren't that nice this time?) Maybe the ones that jumped into Mischief never left (by the way Mischief has the better rule set lol so far) ..and we are seeing more farmers than regular people. Still I'm amazed that Agnarr being a golden age (more or less) of a server ..is empty ...so is not nostalgia driving the TLPs cause definitely on Agnarr you can start on the cities and not the tutorial, still has that newbie armor quests that can help but not be over the top as the one quested on tutorials, still the best way to level would be TLP kind of a route. Just wished that Agnarr could be a server that was more active on the lower levels ..definitely love that is just parked on PoP ( a bit sad that is not parked at OoW for 1.5 epics/level 70) don't need to rush to max level lol.
  6. Greldon New Member

I disagree. People play it for the community. Despite the similar landscape, old mechs, and general familiarity - the experience is never exactly the same. This is why 23 years later, we continue to hit that PLAY button.
  7. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Do you really expect me to buy that?
  8. Laronk Augur

You know it’s not just krono farmers, someone actually has to be spending the krono to get stuff.
  9. Aenoan Augur

I loved the idea of Pantheon but to be honest I don't think Everquest or Pantheon have much of a future. It's just not what people want anymore.

I can't imagine that Pantheon though as much as I want it to work because it looks really interesting unless its paced better than EQ and more inline with modern mmo's its gonna have a real tough time and will probably end up like Vanguard Saga of Hereos. Or just monetized to death.

All that being said I from time to time I do enjoy it. It was interesting reflecting on why I've only taken to TLPs a couple of times before.

I don't think its Yelinak that's the failure its the state of the game.
    Even if they made a Combine/Sleeper 2.0 type server I think people would find something to complain about.
    Granted I am the minority but I would love a fast paced server that was well built like Combine.
  10. Lineater Augur

I disagree in regard to Pantheon. Look at the numbers New World pulled at launch. Look at how big it was on Twitch for a while. People are hungry for a new MMO to play. There is a market out there for a well-executed MMORPG that gets some or all of the key ingredients right (gameplay loop, world/exploration, lore, class execution/balance, tradeskills, economy, progression, endgame).
  11. wade_watts Augur

• Yelinak
      • High Count:798 (79.17%) - Estimated Time: 5d 13h
    • Mischief
      • High Count:1002 (99.4%) - Estimated Time: 6d 23h
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

I'm guessing you just made that up.
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

even if he didn't, so what? TLP is a failure because its not high pop in the middle of the night? ohh nooooo
    Accipiter likes this.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am assuming they got it from EQ Resource which has pages to track the server status and population levels.

https://eqresource.com/serverstatus.php
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

I wouldn't put it past some folks to post two servers at two different times of day to make it look worse.

I wonder how many of those Mischief players are traders and afk in the lobby? I assume Mischief is in Luclin by now.
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

Mischief just got OoW but the afk kick is still turned on. Not like some people don't get around it, but full on afk in lobby isn't quite a thing yet.
    Accipiter likes this.
  17. Aenoan Augur

Yeah but look at new world now. The AMUs are super low and its basically a meme at this point. And at this rate, its gonna be in alpha for ages. Is star citizen even in alpha yet?
  18. Lineater Augur

Right, because New World sucks.
  19. Aenoan Augur

I don't know if it sucks I had little interest in playing it. However.
    Av. players gain gain % peak
    Last 30 Days16,138.0-437.5-2.64%25,467
    May 202216,575.5-5,226.7-23.97%28,373
    April 202221,802.1+762.8+3.63%37,734
    March 202221,039.4-11,348.5-35.04%34,098
    February 202232,387.8-32,719.0-50.25%67,943
    January 202265,106.8-18,069.1-21.72%117,042
    December 202183,176.0-71,993.1-46.40%145,038
    November 2021155,169.0-255,001.7-62.17%357,188

https://steamcharts.com/app/1063730

Much easier to see here. Thats reasonable significant most games do see a drop off, especially after new big content patches or expansions, or new starting seasons they all peak and drop then plateau.
  20. Nickatropolis Augur

every single TLP gets bashed on these forums for being a failure. In my experience it's never been true.
    Aenoan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.