Power levelin' Alts/Boxes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aenoan, Jun 3, 2022.

1. Aenoan Augur

Is druid just gonna be vastly superior for Power levels?
    I am a shaman main on Yelinak. I don't know if I am over thinking it but I am considering a box
    Either a Ranger or Paladin orrrr beastlord down the road. (shm+bst though? eh...??)

I was thinking if I ended up going Paladin I might want a druid for DS/snares ect. And Shaman might be good with ranger PL because it'll be mostly stat buffs and haste.
  2. Appren Gnomercy

For low level - single PL char - leveling, then druid is superior. Damage shield will do way more for the PLee than any stat buff, and you still have heals and regen. (More advanced PL tecniques involving bard + tank + whatnot is faster, but requires more characters obviously)
    Aenoan likes this.
  3. Panikker Elder

Rangers can PL good low level chars...at some point in the future right now classic to say luclin Druids rule for that (even prob pop era) ..LOL...but then again ..after the tutorial caves arrive ...PLing kind of drops for low levels druids get left behind on spells ...and ranger keeps getting better on dps..Well that makes me start a ranger lol ...bows, druid spells , and cool epics effects lol ..dammit ..now I want one ..
  4. Aenoan Augur

I felt the same way now I am like, crap. I want one too but I also want a paladin LOL
  5. Gnomie Denser than most

If you are using a single character to powerlevel, druid is the best hands down, they just have the whole low level Plvl package. (Movement, HP buffs, Damage shield, Regen, Heals, Ports)

If you're going for efficiency and can play multiple characters, i'd say Bard > Enchanter > Druid / Cleric is the best option Kunark and beyond.

Group all 3, play bard DS song, cast DS on enchanter, spam AOE tash on every mob in a low level zone so the chanter holds aggro. Heal with druid. Start smackign stuff / aoe'ing with the low level toon. If you have a friend that wants to level a low level bard who can play chord of dissonance, that'll make things even faster. Can go from 1-40 in about 2-3 hours that way.
  6. Gnothappening Augur

You had me until the end. Only 2-3 hours? What zone gets you from 1-40? Moving would kill that 2-3 hours timeline.
  7. Spacemonkey555 Augur

FOB, Kurns, Blightfire is one path that works. Make sure the alt bard has the music skill practiced up and don't try to move on too fast, if the mobs get too high over the baby bard even at -100 the dot won't land consistently, even with it being an aoe every 3 seconds with no cost or effort.

SK is also awesome for that kind of pl, self cast very high ds, low incoming damage, and easy agro.
  8. Gnomie Denser than most

Red wine to 10-15 usually, then SolA til 20-25 (usually would pull entire north and entire south in two pulls and get 2-3 levels per pull), then just run straight to solb til 35 (sit at window/pool and pull all the kobolds in the zone, then usually port to PoK and go to Dulak's Harbor til 40+
  9. Aenoan Augur

Red Wine, Bonechips all that stuff was massively nerfed though wasn't it? even on live servers?
  10. Iyacc Augur

first rule of Fight Club
  11. Thewiz Augur

With an xp pot running 5k or so worth gets you to level 15 or more.