remake zones like veksar

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nonii, Jun 2, 2022.

1. Nonii Deathnaw

Just wondering if you can bring veksar back during anni or even next expansion. I miss that zone and im sure other do too thanks
    Fuelforfire, Aenvar and Dre. like this.
  2. Act of Valor The Newest Member

You can go to Veksar any time you want?
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

Yea that might make a good HH zone.
    Hobitses, Aenvar, Dre. and 1 other person like this.
  4. jeskola pheerie

It is one of my favorite zones as well
    Aenvar and Dre. like this.
  5. Cidran Augur

Great idea. It's an outstanding zone, would love to have a reason to visit it again at live servers.
  6. Dre. Altoholic

Veksar is a great contender for this. I'd also love to see a HH Hole complete with million-point DT on Yael if you jump in without swimming.
    Endorek and Timmyboi like this.
  7. Iven Antonius Bayle

There is just one problem: While Veksar is located in Kunark and does look like Kunark it actually is a Legacy of Ykesha zone. So it could take some time until it can appear in a new expansion or as a HH zone which is currently stuck in RoK after many original zones.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Im not sure why it is a problem that it is a LoY zone? :confused:

They have remade LoY zones before without any problems, and it is not like they have promised to do all the HH-remakes in chronological order...
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Veksar getting a HH would be a good choice, good sized dungeon.
    Though I would love to see Acrylia Caverns get the HH treatment.
    Hobitses and Svann2 like this.
  10. Fenthen aka Rath

I'd just love to see some sort of new content, it's been 3 expansions now without much of anything.
    Hobitses and Yinla like this.
  11. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Beat me to it
    Dre. likes this.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Veksar remake would be cool.

Plane of Mischief...yes.
  13. Shakara Augur

EQ has more content wasted than many MMOs have total. reusing old content makes a lot more sense that expanding on an already overly bloated world. I could be happy if they never made another zone again and just tweaked and added content to old zones.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm tired of the old zones, but I must admit I'm enjoying ToL, especially SV, but then I've never been a fan of dungeons.

I'm still holding out for a Drinal expansion. :)
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Iven Antonius Bayle

There is no promise but a logical order right now. I don't know of any remade LoY zones beside the DoN one. It is not a completely revamped zone that could be used for a revamped expansion like EoK -> ToL. Temple of Droga (EoK) has the original zone design just like a HH zone (that is available the whole year !) but maybe only because the devs had not time to revamp it. If the logical HH expansion order is being continued there are about a half dozen good RoK dungeons like the already mentioned Temple of Droga that would qualify as HH zones. Veksar would be good, but it is not RoK. So it is all about the devs to continue the current pattern or not.

It would be a problematic theme as Drinal is the Silver Reaper, some kind of werewolf. Basically it would be a mix of ToL and DoD with tons of werewolves and vampires. Not really exciting imo.
  16. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Yuck
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

While Drinal is the Spirit of Death the moon is named after & linked to Canine Lycanthropy that doesn't mean the expansion would have to be full of werewolves, could be the only one on Drinal is Drinal itself.

Could be a lost Combine enclave, a lost sect of Shissar, some completely different new species we had not even known about before, could be where the god Rodcet Nife was abducted and where his UFO was stolen (a reversal of the Alien Abductions trope where the Alien is dragged out of his flying saucer) and he is being held captive in Hangar 81 being "probed" by his captors, and this is why he was not found in the Plane of Health. And we need to go rescue him or all life is in danger.
    Arkanny likes this.
  18. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Mistmoore takes over Luclin, crashes it into Drinal for Vampyre vs Werewolf war.
  19. Iven Antonius Bayle

Source ? Actually the moon got just named after Drinal, the spirit deity of night, destruction, and death by a humanoid tribe of nomads. Maybe the deity Drinal is just a wolf and not related to werewolves. The moon Drinal could be a world without any relation to the deity and having no atmosphere or life at all. Maybe just underground life or live at the back side of the moon as like the earthen moon is does not rotate and looks like a rock desert.

Drinal, the deity
    Drinal, the moon
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Drinal walks on 2 legs & carries a scythe, that is not a conventional Wolf, it's a hybrid wolf/humanoid since he has hands with opposable thumbs, and what other wolf/humanoid hybrids are there besides werewolves? None.