Cannot Reproduce Shei Vinitras Raid & Mission Geometry bug

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Krool, Feb 22, 2022.

1. Krool Lorekeeper

Since the most recent patch, I have had two occurrences of being up top attacking Shei Vinitras and getting the "You can't hit them from here" message. Once was during the mission and once tonight during a raid. While up top tonight during the raid, on Shei I got "You can't hit them from here." message a total of 1448 times. I tried standing in different spots around the boss. Tried to shrink/grow, and tried to illusion myself out of it, but still couldn't hit the boss. Also could not receive splashes from the paladin in my group who I was standing next to. While I was on the bottom I did not have this problem and was able to land hits against event adds as normal.
    Hobitses, Xeladom, Carden and 7 others like this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

A few days ago, while running the mission, someone got the dot and I attempted to cure them, but kept getting the "out of range" message, yet everyone was up on the platform. I think they were able to cure themselves eventually, so didn't die.

I didn't think much of it afterwards, but your post makes me wonder if there is in fact some sort of geometry bug.
  3. josh Augur

I'm not sure it's a geometry bug but there is 100% a bug in there. I was in their running some tests and no matter where I stood i couldn't see shei, wouldn't let me talk to her even to trigger the event. Another character had no issue. Even dropping the DZ and getting a new one didn't fix it. I had to camp the character before he could interact with shei again.
  4. Warpeace Augur

I have experienced this several times trying to start the group mission. I just assumed it was as faction bug.
  5. josh Augur

No this is different, shei doesn't respond at all, and you can't attack her after someone else starts the event, it just says you can't see her and nothing would fix it except camping.
  6. Warpeace Augur

For whatever reason I read that as she could not see you. Completely different issue than what I have experienced.
  7. Randel Flag Elder

i have had the same issue several times, camping out was the only option to fix it, when i camped out my enchanter in the instance she came back in all the way on the other side of the zone, was very odd
  8. Nniki Augur

Actually saw this back on beta a couple times but couldn't find a way to reproduce it.
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

I experienced this on my barbarian rogue yesterday. Large size, shrunk, illusioned, levitating or not, zoned out mid-fight and back in, still could only "see" or "hit him from here" once every 10 seconds. The other melees standing next to me had no issues.

I had done the event earlier in the day without any problems.

It's still a problem. Maybe a bad instance?
    Xeladom likes this.
  10. Ratalthor Developer

We need a bit more info for our testing. What are your location coordinates (/loc) when you are experiencing the issue?
  11. josh Augur

Your location doesn't matter, it's not a geometry bug. At least not a traditional one where there is just some weird line of sight issue. if that character is anywhere in the zone, they can't see shei and nothing short of camping allows them to see him. zoning out, getting a new instance, nothing else works.

The fact that getting a new instance doesn't fix it makes me assume that something in the event is breaking something on the character, but I would have no idea what
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

Just a thought that suddenly occured to me...

Do you have any auras running on the toon that's bugged (yours or another toon's)? If so, did you try having everyone remove their auras and see if it fixes it?
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

OTOH if he is in location X, but when the bug occurs /loc returns a YYYY then that may tell us something.
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I've had it happen on my Rogue, Zerker and Shaman and only the Zerk had auras up at the time.
  15. josh Augur

yeah that makes sense. pretty tough bug replicate though I've only ever had it happen to me once.
  16. Disapointed Lorekeeper

Oddly enough, every time i have encountered this bug, rotating my char back and forth non stop allowed me to hit, sadly it was annoying enough to only be tolerable for 60s, then i gated and bannered back, and the issue didn't reappear.
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

But did the other toons have aura affects on them from other people in the group?
  18. Febb Augur

The hitbox is probably in some weird spot on the npc.
  19. Fenthen aka Rath

Within melee range of Shei who is rooted. It's a geometry issue with the instance, as the character can move all around and never hit Shei. It happens randomly, based on the instance.
  20. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Probably... but that's not it anyway. If you camp that character out and back in you appear on the other side of the zone. The game thinks you're far away, the client thinks you're right in front of Shei.